• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    I have many a time.

Anyway, at least he has a wife.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, it's hard for "Signs" to reach "Waterworld" when "Waterworld" is so far below it. ;-)

SYMPHONETTE #2

-Erik-

Imagine being thisw poor bastard's wife.

Talking about yourself I assume.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I have many a time.

lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009 edited
    I just watched The Last Airbender trailer that many of you have been talking about.. Can't wait for this music. Seems like it will be a very exciting score. I'd love to see him incorporate ethnic instruments. The trailer teased at that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    I'm really, really looking forward to both the film and score. Loved the trailer!
  1. yep, I think it could push Shyamalan's career into the right direction again, and the music sounds oh so good
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    yep, I think it could push Shyamalan's career into the right direction again

I wouldn't hold your breath. I mean, if he fucks this up, he doesn't deserve any more chances.
  2. LSH wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    yep, I think it could push Shyamalan's career into the right direction again

I wouldn't hold your breath. I mean, if he fucks this up, he doesn't deserve any more chances.

for me, he can continue to direct 100 movies more, if a doosh like Uwe Boll can continue to direct crap, then Shyamalan should continue to direct as well wink
  3. Yeah, at least Shyamalan has a distinct visual style.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I don't know a thing of the anime, but it is Shyamalan and he does something different, so syked punk

Avatar: The Last Airbender is an American-produced show with heavy anime influences, but it's not anime. There's a definite distinction between Airbender and actual anime, like Miyazaki's films or the jerky cheap stuff like Pokemon and Yu-Gi Oh!.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  4. Matt C wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I don't know a thing of the anime, but it is Shyamalan and he does something different, so syked punk

Avatar: The Last Airbender is an American-produced show with heavy anime influences, but it's not anime. There's a definite distinction between Airbender and actual anime, like Miyazaki's films or the jerky cheap stuff like Pokemon and Yu-Gi Oh!.

haven't seen neither, so I don't know a thing about it
    but thanks for clarifying it smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, at least Shyamalan has a distinct visual style.

It's just a shame he's distinctly shit. At least now anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009 edited
    Peter Pan is one of my favorite James Newton Howard score, but i am disappointed with score album. There are few tracks which are great but many cues which were used in the movies aren't there in album. I just watch movie than listen to the album. In movies, lot of music are there ( Just like Hook). I am expecting complete score of both Peter Pan and Hook.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009
    Also check out Joel McNeely's Return To Never Land. A worthy entry into the Peter Pan music world, and about 40 min of score on the OST, quite long compared to the average Disney direct-to-video soundtrack.
  5. Sunil wrote
    Peter Pan is one of my favorite James Newton Howard score, but i am disappointed with score album. There are few tracks which are great but many cues which were used in the movies aren't there in album. I just watch movie than listen to the album. In movies, lot of music are there ( Just like Hook). I am expecting complete score of both Peter Pan and Hook.

Peter Pan is a nice score by Howard, and there are indeed a couple of good tracks missing on the score. But sadly that's the case with a lot of albums today, I guess everyone has his own favourite tracks, whether included or not
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, at least Shyamalan has a distinct visual style.

I love his style, whatever he's up to , i am always eager to watch his latest work. I can't find one movie (apart Lady in the Water) that he made and i truly didn't like.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    Wich James newton Howard score for Shaymalan movies do you like most?

Thanks!

My list!

1-The Village
    2-Signs
    3-The Happening.
    4-Lady In the water ( but i have to revisit this one soon)
    5-Unbreakable
    6-The sixth sense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009 edited
    1 - Signs (WINNER, hands down)
    2 - The Village
    3 - Lady In The Water
    4 - The Happening
    6 - The Sixth Sense

Haven't listened to Unbreakable yet. And I hope Last Airbender reaches at least the second spot too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Wich James newton Howard score for Shaymalan movies do you like most?

Thanks!

My list!

1-The Village
    2-Signs
    3-The Happening.
    4-Lady In the water ( but i have to revisit this one soon)
    5-Unbreakable
    6-The sixth sense.

shocked I agree! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    To be perfectly honest, his Shyamalan scores are not my thing. Too much suspense, sneaking-around cues and tension. I'm more in the WATERWORLD, WYATT EARP, DINOSAUR-territory. I DO like some of his more textural scores too, though, like SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS and SAINT OF FORT WASHINGTON.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor, i see what you're saying but his Shyamalan scores also bear a lot of intensive emotions and melody, for instance "be with you" from the happening, just to name one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    To be perfectly honest, his Shyamalan scores are not my thing. Too much suspense, sneaking-around cues and tension. I'm more in the WATERWORLD, WYATT EARP, DINOSAUR-territory. I DO like some of his more textural scores too, though, like SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS and SAINT OF FORT WASHINGTON.

You've mentioned the only four non-Shyamalan scores by him which I think come into the same banner of quality (I hated Saint of Fort Washington) as the Shyamalan ones. Surprised if you don't like The Village, at least.
  6. 1 - The Village
    2 - Signs
    3 - Lady in the Water
    4 - Unbreakable
    5 - The Happening
    6 - Sixth Sense

The best other JNH Scores:

1 - King Kong
    2 - Wyatt Earp
    3 - Atlantis
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    No mention of Dinosaur? I'd rank that easily as his second best work ever.
  7. Nope. There are some good tracks on it, one even great (guess which), but the rest does nothing for me, while I enjoy the hell out of the magnitude of the mentioned three.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Dinosaur is better than Wyatt Earp IMHO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    If I have to pick only one Howard/Shyamalan score as my favorite, that would be Lady in the Water. To me it's easily one of the best scores from the composer in the last few years. It's generally an easy and enveloping listening experience, it has magical instrumentation, intelligent layers of sound, memorable themes, and... boy, it has one hell of a finale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Dinosaur is better than Wyatt Earp IMHO.

I guess I´m just addicted to the multitude and beauty of Wyatt Earp´s themes. They are so rich and evoke a lot more feelings in me than any one track of Dinosaur. It has nothing to do with the movies, BTW; I saw both of them, just once, and like/disliked them both in a similar fashion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sylvos wrote
    If I have to pick only one Howard/Shyamalan score as my favorite, that would be Lady in the Water. To me it's easily one of the best scores from the composer in the last few years. It's generally an easy and enveloping listening experience, it has magical instrumentation, intelligent layers of sound, memorable themes, and... boy, it has one hell of a finale.

I'd choose Signs and Village before that, but Lady In The Water is undoubtedly in the third position. The Great Eatlon has to be one of the best cues ever by JNH!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Sylvos wrote

Lady has extremely beautiful themes and a hell of a finale, but overall, there is a lot of stuff on it that´s just ... not as good, and Signs is a fantastic score right from the beginning to the end with quite addictive themes, and The Village is just perfect. There are some extraordinarily beautiful tracks missing from the OST that break my heart every time I watch the movie, because they are based on the other material and lift it even above the greatness of what´s on the OST.

Try this one (up to the end!):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewE6wlXhn3k