• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2013
    Here the Track List with running times for "After Earth":

1. The History of Man (02:22)
    2. I'm Not Advancing You (01:28)
    3. Pack Your Bags (01:41)
    4. Leaving Nova Prime (00:48)
    5. Can You Ghost? (02:10)
    6. Ship Tears Apart (02:17)
    7. Kitai Finds Cypher (01:19)
    8. Get Me Into The Cockpit (01:36)
    9. The Mission (01:31)
    10. Baboons (02:52)
    11. Kitai On Earth (02:56)
    12. Four Vials Remain, Sir (01:11)
    13. Run To The Falls (02:42)
    14. Abort Mission (02:02)
    15. Bird Attack (01:02)
    16. Nest Battle (02:03)
    17. Safety In The Hog Hole (03:42)
    18. Saved By The Bird (00:52)
    19. The Tail (01:41)
    20. Dad, Are You There? (02:46)
    21. Leech (02:59)
    22. See The Peak (02:21)
    23. Run To The Volcano (00:38)
    24. Somewhere To Hide (01:22)
    25. Chase Through The Cave (03:06)
    26. Ghosting (04:45)
    27. I Wanna Work With Mom (01:17)
    28. After Earth (01:54)

source: http://www.exlibris.ch/de/musik/cd/jame … 8837246729
  1. Captain Future wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Several new reviews

- Junior
    - The Package
    - The Saint of Fort Washington
    - Snow White and The Huntsman

Enjoy

Very nice review on Snow White! I sang its praise a bit higher, though. I like that score a lot in its entirety.

Thanks Thomas!
    Volker

Thanks Volker.

Actually I like that score a lot too, but it misses oomph. The performance of it during the WSA awards left everyone in awe. I kinda missed that effect here. In the film however it rocks big time
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Didn't like the film and not really the score either, but I agree with Thomas -- the SNOW WHITE segment really shone in a concert setting.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Loved Snowwhite, i actually think it's quite overlooked.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Demetris wrote
    Loved Snowwhite, i actually think it's quite overlooked.

Yeah, me too. I'm actually surprised how lukewarm its reception has been (although it was one that grew on me after a few listens). Even the much-derided action music I think sounds pretty good. Although it does contain the single most jarring transition I think I've ever heard in film music, at 4:25 of the up-until-that-point-glorious "White Hart"... crazy
  3. Captain Future wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Several new reviews

- Junior
    - The Package
    - The Saint of Fort Washington
    - Snow White and The Huntsman

Enjoy

Very nice review on Snow White! I sang its praise a bit higher, though. I like that score a lot in its entirety.

Thanks Thomas!
    Volker

Volker,

Perhaps you already heard it, but here's the suite that was performed on the WSA of 2012. If you can get passed the hideous clicks and distortion of the recording, you'll discover what I meant by "thundering performance" wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2013
    Exclusive First Listen of James Newton Howards "After Earth" (2013) over at CinemaMusica.de:

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1779/musikpo … ligen-erde

50 second sound clips from every track AND two tracks as exclusive full stream!

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    Ehm, The owner of this track has not made this sound available for streaming in your location? I'm in the Netherlands! I'm directly next to your Germany!
  4. Give it a day -- I'm sure somebody will record them off the stream anbd put them on Youtube.

In fact, enter this in Google:

site:youtube.com "After Earth" Newton
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    How is it like? first impressions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2013
    ^ Spot on, James!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. BobdH wrote
    Ehm, The owner of this track has not made this sound available for streaming in your location? I'm in the Netherlands! I'm directly next to your Germany!

Didn't you listen to the News? We annexed the Netherlands as the 17th Federal State. It's part of our strategy for saving the Euro.

biggrin robot robot tongue

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2013
    Damn, so the score has only a couple of fans now? I liked it sad
  6. Far from what one FSM member promosed a week or two before we heard it: a return back to form.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. That is making me curious, because I was one of the few who liked "The Hunger Games" and I loved "Snow White".

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. It's distinctly less than those two, Volker. Certainly nowhere near Snow White and it's like the less interesting half of Hunger Games stretched out for an hour or so.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    It's distinctly less than those two, Volker. Certainly nowhere near Snow White and it's like the less interesting half of Hunger Games stretched out for an hour or so.

Oh dear! Still, I'll have to listen for myself.

Though Hunger Games and Snow White weren't top notch JNH, I still thought they were pretty good.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Captain Future wrote
    That is making me curious, because I was one of the few who liked "The Hunger Games" and I loved "Snow White".

Volker

I liked The Hunger Games a lot. Didn't think much of Snow White though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote
    That is making me curious, because I was one of the few who liked "The Hunger Games" and I loved "Snow White".

Volker

Loved SnowWhite too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The movie seems like a huge flop unfortunately! http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/after_e … newsletter omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Another bad M. Night movie? No way! wink

I feel sorry for someone as talented as JNH, at least Shore has Cronenberg and Williams has Spielberg. Jump ship James Newton Howard, while you still can!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn and i was so eager to see this...although i did like THE HAPPENING (people took it too seriously i think) still, i found the last airbender utter trash - as per reviews suggested back then, so i am afraid that this is also indeed as bad as reported today. Hope they're mistaken, but 14% on rt? Hard to survive that!

Smith and his cocky brat might be turning everything they touch into poo noawadays? Having M.Dong.Shyiamaman onboard doesn't seem to have helped this time either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    Damn and i was so eager to see this...although i did like THE HAPPENING (people took it too seriously i think)

Ummm... the film took itself seriously. THE HAPPENING wasn't SHAUN OF THE DEAD. THE HAPPENING was marketed and told like a serious dramatic sci-fi thriller but it failed miserably on all fronts and became an unintentional comedy.... a gut busting hilarious one at that.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2013 edited
    All I remember from the happening is the killer weed and the crazy old lady, and from that description it could've been a cool movie, alas. wink

The second half felt like that Tim Robbins scene from "War of the Worlds" stretched out into half a movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Talking to a tree. 'nuff said!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Am I the only person in the world who (A) really likes all Shyamalan films and (B) posts on MainTitles? wave
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2013 edited
    Even with his charismatic dad in his earpiece calling the shots, Jaden can’t turn himself into a movie star by sheer force of Will.
    slate

That said, I'm not sure it's any better, though apportioning blame in this instance is a bit complicated. Shyamalan's involvement notwithstanding, After Earth is a vanity project of the burgeoning multinational Will Smith Inc. The movie stars Smith and his 14-year-old son, Jaden. It's produced by Smith, his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, brother-in-law Caleeb Pinkett, and longtime friend and business partner James Lassiter. And it's based on a story written by Smith as a vehicle for his son, a story that he conceived while he and his brother-in-law were watching television together. Which is a long way of saying that it might be best to give Shyamalan a pass on this one. (...) That said, I'm not sure it's any better, though apportioning blame in this instance is a bit complicated. Shyamalan's involvement notwithstanding, After Earth is a vanity project of the burgeoning multinational Will Smith Inc. The movie stars Smith and his 14-year-old son, Jaden. It's produced by Smith, his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, brother-in-law Caleeb Pinkett, and longtime friend and business partner James Lassiter. And it's based on a story written by Smith as a vehicle for his son, a story that he conceived while he and his brother-in-law were watching television together. Which is a long way of saying that it might be best to give Shyamalan a pass on this one. (...) Indeed, I'm not sure I've ever seen a film in which the text and subtext—both concerning an effortlessly gifted father who presses his less-talented son to follow in his footsteps—were so completely in alignment. Alas, only in one of the two does the story end happily.
    Atlantic

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Damn and i was so eager to see this...although i did like THE HAPPENING (people took it too seriously i think)

Ummm... the film took itself seriously. THE HAPPENING wasn't SHAUN OF THE DEAD. THE HAPPENING was marketed and told like a serious dramatic sci-fi thriller but it failed miserably on all fronts and became an unintentional comedy.... a gut busting hilarious one at that.

-Erik-

Erm with The starring male role's constant stupid face and blank stare throughout the movie ? I don't think so biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2013
    francis wrote
    All I remember from the happening is the killer weed and the crazy old lady, and from that description it could've been a cool movie, alas. wink

The second half felt like that Tim Robbins scene from "War of the Worlds" stretched out into half a movie.

It wishes! That scene was the best part about WAR OF THE WORLDS, and is in another galaxy of quality altogether.
    I am extremely serious.