• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I'll concede the point since you bothered to check and I didn't. (Tell me that doesn't say something right there. wink )

At least they didn't make a selling point out of it. But then Tadlow knows that even if your favourite customers are soundtrack collectors, their exercise needs to sell to many more than just them.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote
    And the fact that "awkward edits" is proudly announced as something to get excited by tells you all you need to know about who these things are aimed at (it ain't people who are in it for the music).

You're making me feel dirty!

biggrin

So I should just stick to the re-recording? tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Discrepancies in orgy fights or not, I'll probably be picking this up at one point or the other. The fact that they found better elements and included a ton of interesting alternates is a good enough incentive. I hope this means the end to that shabby 'limited to 500' brazilian bootleg that's been around for some time. And for those who like the re-recording, good for you, I personally thought the mix on that was disappointingly drowned and cut off for something that was meant to be an improvement. Now where is my Conan outfit? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have the old Milan CD. That's all I ever need of CONAN music in this here world. No sequel scores, no remake scores, no rerecordings, no expansions, no tv shows, no nuttin'. The music is so good, I want to treasure the very best of the best that is featured here. No more, no less.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I have the old Milan CD. That's all I ever need of CONAN music in this here world. No sequel scores, no remake scores, no rerecordings, no expansions, no tv shows, no nuttin'. The music is so good, I want to treasure the very best of the best that is featured here. No more, no less.

tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote

Skyfall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Thor wrote

I might ship you disc 3 of the new set wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    francis wrote
    Thor wrote

I might ship you disc 3 of the new set wink

biggrin :like:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. francis wrote
    Discrepancies in orgy fights or not
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That would make a good signature!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Intrada have already emailed to say that my Conan The Barbarian order has been "fulfilled"!

So, hopefully, about 10 days from now...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. By Crom!! It's here. Three CDs of Conan The Barbarian excellence!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    By Crom!! It's here. Three CDs of Conan The Barbarian excellence!

cool

I'll have to wait for mine, it's a Christmas present.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

cool

To yourself?
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

cool

I can sympathise with that. The Star Trek box is my "big" (perhaps only) present. So, if it were to arrive to before Christmas I wouldn't be able to open it until the day itself.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

cool

To yourself?

No, from Mel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2012
    This new release is a dream come true for me ...
    It's FANTASTIC !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I have it ( or more accurately Mel has it ) and can't play till X-mas day sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Just a few more days then Tim ...
    It's worth the wait ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    chicken <--impatient
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2013
    New Basil from Intrada....

FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2013 edited
    For anyone who may have missed the announcement: BSX, BuySoundtrax own label, laudably is (re)issuing one of Poledouris' last works: The Touch, a score for an oriental action film, previously (I think) only released in China on the Han label.
    This particular issue was nigh impossible to get and was until recently highly valued amongst Poledouris fans.

This release, limited though it is, opens up this score to at least 2000 score fans to sample this lovely, slightly atypical -as it's not your standard, expected action score- Poledouris. It's (obviously) quite oriental-sounding, but even though it's for an action flick, it's very lyrical and romantic.
    Fusing orchestra, oriental instruments, synthesized sounds, and Poledouris' trademark strong percussions and melody lines, this is a lovely, very worthwhile score that I have no hesitation in recommending to Poledouris fans and more 'generic' score fans alike!

And at four tracks more than the original release, this certainly seems to be worth your money.

Don't just take my word for it: for good measure, here's Thomas' review of the Go East/Han release.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2013
    I'm happy with ( the lavishly packaged ) Han release. I totally agree with everything else Martijn says, it is highly recommended.
  6. The score is nice but man, the movie is a TURD. It was on TV not too long ago and I literally could not believe what I was seeing. It's reaches a GOLDEN CHILD level of silly (although GOLDEN CHILD is better).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013
    Mike Skerritt wrote
    The score is nice but man, the movie is a TURD. It was on TV not too long ago and I literally could not believe what I was seeing. It's reaches a GOLDEN CHILD level of silly (although GOLDEN CHILD is better).

So, not quite as good as Golden Child? Thanks for the tip Mike. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    New Basil from Intrada....

FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER

I enjoyed this! Not A-grade Basil but very good and the theme's a doozy.
  7. Timmer wrote
    Mike Skerritt wrote
    The score is nice but man, the movie is a TURD. It was on TV not too long ago and I literally could not believe what I was seeing. It's reaches a GOLDEN CHILD level of silly (although GOLDEN CHILD is better).

So, not quite as good as Golden Child? Thanks for the tip Mike. wink

Yup, that about sums it up. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A great score. I think I'll just let my imagination do the work a poor film can't. cheesy
  8. Martijn wrote
    Don't just take my word for it: for good measure, here's Thomas' review of the Go East/Han release.

thank you for bringing that up smile

I would love to get it, but I still have doubts considering I have the Han release
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2013
    I just received a review copy in the mail from BSX and my first listen was a positive one. I like the tonal qualities blended with traditional chinese instruments as well as excellent use of percussion. I will review.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!