• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I was very tempted to get this but in the end managed to restrain myself, I have spent a frankly ludicrous amount of money on CDs and Blu-rays in the last few months. I have the Prometheus release which I listened to again today, as usual I stopped at the end of the album tracks which I think is a great 40 mins listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010 edited
    Always wanted that score and would probably have ordered had it not been for the fact that it was goddamn C&C. Hopefully, it will make the ol' Prometheus release plummet in value, making it affordable to me. At least in that case, I can press the "stop" button before the useless bonus tracks begin.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010 edited
    Thor, just sent you a PM wink

Great news! I LOVE this score, and this new version has fantastic sound, as judged by the clips - a huge leap forward from the (excellent) Prometheus edition! I also love how it's represented as one full listening experience, instead of 2 versions after each other where the bonus tracks are presented in a non-listening-experience way. This certainly is a score that warrants a 70 min. listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010 edited
    Yay! I missed out on the Prometheus so I shall get this one.

Thor wrote
    Always wanted that score and would probably have ordered had it not been for the fact that it was goddamn C&C. Hopefully, it will make the ol' Prometheus release plummet in value, making it affordable to me. At least in that case, I can press the "stop" button before the useless bonus tracks begin.

BTW what in your definition would be an affordable price for the Prometheus?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    I'll blame me on this one wink

It doesn't seem that long ago since I bought the Prometheous release so I'm by-passing this.

yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. To those who though I was tired of reviewing, guess again: expect a weekly update from Basil Poledouris' career throughout the next couple of weeks:

- The Blue Lagoon
    - Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles
    - For Love of the Game
    - Hot Shots Part Deux!
    - Starship Troopers

enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    punk fireworks bhangra

Go Thomas! Go Thomas! Go Thomas! :pompom:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Starship Troopers is indeed one of his very best. All out bombast and awesomeness rarely seen today. This man left our earthly realm too soon. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    Far far too soon. sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    To those who though I was tired of reviewing, guess again: expect a weekly update from Basil Poledouris' career throughout the next couple of weeks:

- Starship Troopers

Great review Thomas smile

Starship Troopers deserves an expanded release. ASAP.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Yeah great review, but it's GUNG HO dude. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    To those who though I was tired of reviewing, guess again: expect a weekly update from Basil Poledouris' career throughout the next couple of weeks:

- Starship Troopers

Great review Thomas smile

Starship Troopers deserves an expanded release. ASAP.

thanks Marcel, it's indeed one of my better, but that's because the music is so inspiring that it inspired me in return wink
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah great review, but it's GUNG HO dude. tongue

thanks for the heads up dude
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah great review, but it's GUNG HO dude. tongue

thanks for the heads up dude

No sweat dooooooooooooooooooooooooood !!!!!!!!!!!!! wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011
    Good review, it get's ****1/2 from me too, though it would be a full ***** minus Zoe's song. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011 edited
    I definitely prefer Zoe's other song she performs in the film. A little easier on the ears.
  8. Timmer wrote
    Good review, it get's ****1/2 from me too, though it would be a full ***** minus Zoe's song. wink

like my brother says, the other song from the movie is much better, then again much more material of Poledouris would have been better as well wink
  9. Don't worry guys the chances of anything coming from Basil's Starship Troopers complete recordings are a million to one, he said.

Wait, who said that?
  10. More reviews in the weekly Basil Poledouris update:

- Cherry 2000
    - Free Willy
    - No Man's Land
    - On Deadly Ground
    - Robocop

Enjoy
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2011
    Excellent reviews Thomas , thanks ! wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011
    I agree with Cherry 2000, one of the more overrated scores of Poledouris' career. The way the short cues are presented to not give a very entertaining listen (for most of the album).
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011 edited
    I don't think so much that it is overrated, more that it was a collectors item for so long and an expensive one at that which gave it a legendary status amongst collectors for a long time, becoming a sought after "holy Grail".

I really enjoy the album, a fine early effort from the composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011
    yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  11. It shows when a movie is so engraved in our brain, such as with the Robocop review. Haha, you did good there bro. cheesy
  12. DreamTheater wrote
    It shows when a movie is so engraved in our brain, such as with the Robocop review. Haha, you did good there bro. cheesy

thanks, it's this that I lack with the most reviews of today. Don't know the background nor the insight to make the reviews fun for a fan's point of view
  13. More of Poledouris:

- Farewell to the King
    - The Hunt for Red October
    - It's my Party
    - Lassie
    - Robocop 3

Enjoy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011 edited
    beer

Your review of FTTK makes me really want to have another listen, after what may be 7 years since my last listen, one where I honestly didn't connect to it.

And what a coincidence, I've just bought it and it's waiting for a spin. spin
  14. DreamTheater wrote
    beer

Your review of FTTK makes me really want to have another listen, after what may be 7 years since my last listen, one where I honestly didn't connect to it.

for me it has Barry romanticism and Poledouris epic'ness

Plus I knew you needed a little push, so I added it especially for you wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    beer

for me it has Barry romanticism and Poledouris epic'ness

Plus I knew you needed a little push, so I added it especially for you wink

Listen to your bro or I'll do the pushing! slant wink
  15. the Basil Poledouris update continues:

- Amerika
    - Big Wednesday
    - Free Willy 2
    - Kimberly
    - Serial Mom

Enjoy