• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    I honestly can't remember if there's much more music to Robocop 3 Eric? I have the Robocop DVD film set but I'm not sure I'm willing to attempt another viewing of Robocop 3 freezing
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    justin boggan wrote
    The "complete" (don't know if that's true) boot runs 69:37, so there is more.

Oh , I didn't know there was a boot 'out there' .
    Thanks for the heads up on that ... wink
    Now , I need to find it ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Timmer wrote
    I honestly can't remember if there's much more music to Robocop 3 Eric? I have the Robocop DVD film set but I'm not sure I'm willing to attempt another viewing of Robocop 3 freezing

Such bad memories of Robo 3 Timmer ?
    C'mon , it wasn't THAT bad ?! biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, I've seen worse, far worse but Robo 2 is a masterpiece compared with Robo 3.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I really enjoyed Robocop 2, but once more, I seem to have been one of the few (though Basil's score was SORELY missed in it).

I have the boot for Robocop 3, but I can't say I'm massively impressed.
    It's worth the entrance fee for some of the Robo theme, but the rest isn't very exciting work, I'm afraid. Stick with the original, I'd say!

(The best I can say about the score that it far outshines the terrible film).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Martijn wrote
    I've already ordered the rerelease.
    Hey. It's Poledouris. smile

You ordered from BSX? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yup.

Done business with them many times.
    As long as it goes well, I'll continue to do so.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    oh-oh....condolences!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So far, so good. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Yup.

Done business with them many times.
    As long as it goes well, I'll continue to do so.

After hearing so many bad stories I'm very reluctant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009
    I once got so mad at BSX that they sent me a Cherry 2000 booklet supposedly signed by Basil himself, after he passed away. The only trouble is, I have no idea whether I should believe them that Basil signed it and that it's not just some random dude's signature. smile I supposed I would have to find someone else who had a real Poledouris signature and compare them.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Scribe wrote
    I once got so mad at BSX that they sent me a Cherry 2000 booklet supposedly signed by Basil himself, after he passed away. The only trouble is, I have no idea whether I should believe them that Basil signed it and that it's not just some random dude's signature. smile I supposed I would have to find someone else who had a real Poledouris signature and compare them.

I would doubt that any respectable business would stoop to actual fraud (which is what that would be) to keep a customer happy... I know many people have a great deal of complaints concerning BSX' after-sales care and their order handling, but this is a bit beyond that to my mind.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I Expect they had some previously signed booklets.
  1. Southall wrote
    BSX has released a new Poledouris twofer, Wind and A Whale for the Killing. I know Wind (and like it), never heard the other one.

Wind is a damn good score, typical Poledouris
    I have a Whale for the Killing, and I don't remember anything of it, except giving it 3 stars shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I guess you will either love it or hate it, but there you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUnMF7dV86k

(Warning! If you´ve never seen the violence from the uncut version of RoboCop, you will now!)
  3. I love it, pretty nifty use of Basil's music and one brilliant editing job!!! punk

Robocop is such a great film too. The mix of black humour and action thriller is a potent one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010 edited
    That´s what I thought. The editor certainly knew and loved the original score very much, which is why I can respect this version no matter what.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    DJ Mayham's Predator Rap is just as impressive
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1806164

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I guess you will either love it or hate it, but there you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUnMF7dV86k

(Warning! If you´ve never seen the violence from the uncut version of RoboCop, you will now!)

this is very well done, if you have an open mind smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010
    Southall wrote
    BSX has released a new Poledouris twofer, Wind and A Whale for the Killing. I know Wind (and like it), never heard the other one.

Intrada mailed me a replacement disc yesterday since the first pressing was defective. I wasn't even aware of it and had not opened my cd yet. It's awesome that Intrada mailed these out on their own.
    If you bought the BSX cd then check with your retailer to ask for replacements if they haven't already mailed them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Crap. Do we know the type of defect?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh. I see.

[inebriated-friendly mode engaged]
    CD broke.
    's All a lot of crap, annnobody loves me anyway.
    But you're my bezh friend.

'ose round is it then?
    [inebriated-friendly mode disengaged]
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I LUVSSSHHH YOU, YOU KNOW THAT.... hugs and doesn't let go...LUVSSSSHHH YOU!...*hic*
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I want in.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Next up on the [i]Intrada Records[/b] chopping block -- for those not reading their board:

the complete remastered score to "Robocop [1]"
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. justin boggan wrote
    Next up on the [i]Intrada Records[/b] chopping block -- for those not reading their board:

the complete remastered score to "Robocop [1]"

I've already bought this twice on CD and I'm not really wanting to do it again. But, I did have to rip the end credits suite off the DVD and I believe that this end credits suite will be on the new CD?

Plus, I think that there'll be some additional (and rousing) renditions of the RoboCop theme that's not on the current CD(s)?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010
    Plus, a complete remastering from the 24 track elements so it's going to sound incredible!

Here's a clip
    http://www.intrada.net/namethattune/13apr10.m3u

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010
    Yep, this looks like a must-buy!
    I'm glad I didn't get the last "only slightly" expanded release. smile

7. I don't recognise this at all!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn