• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Bregt wrote
    Got my tickets. I will arrive at 11.45 in Bristol.

Tomorrow I'm gonna get some ponds. Are meals and drinks expensive in England/Bristol? How much money would you guys advise. Thanks!

Great news, Bregt! I should get in about an hour after you. As far as money goes - bring as much as you can afford. It's the custom for whoever arrived via Eurostar buys all the drinks on a Saturday.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Tomorrow I'm gonna get some ponds. Are meals and drinks expensive in England/Bristol? How much money would you guys advise. Thanks!

Great news, Bregt! I should get in about an hour after you. As far as money goes - bring as much as you can afford. It's the custom for whoever arrived via Eurostar buys all the drinks on a Saturday.

biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You guys are so cruel.

Everything is expensive in Britain as far as I'm concerned, but it's probably quite similar to most of western Europe. I'd plan on £20-30 for a meal (unless you go for fast food). Of course, there will be a £25 admission fee to my barbecue.

This reminds me for some reason of when I recently flew to La Rochelle with Ryanair. They advertised a telephone calling card as follows: "You can make up to €40 worth of calls for just €10 or €20". I wonder how many people go for the €20 option?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, that's quite expensive for meals. Here, £12 to £15 would suffice for a ood meal and dessert. I'll bring £250 then, plus the money for my hostel. I will try to get in for free at the BBQ. I'm sure I'm small enough to get through fences or so.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote

biggrin tongue

Alright, I have £300 here now. I think they look ugly. Oh well, it's an other way to spend and give away money as fast as you can, just to not see them anymore. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At least we have our own currency! biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    At least we have our own currency! biggrin tongue

Phuh. There's at least no bitch displayed.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh yeah, you're right... bitch! biggrin
  2. QEII is not really liked, is she? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008 edited
    Yes, by most people! There are just some rather vocal dissenters.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Yes, by most people! There are just some rather vocal dissenters.

But without the Queen there would be no Prince Philip who is surely our greatest national treasure and an expert on overseas relations wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    And a pride to greek people as well! tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    And a pride to greek people as well! tongue

Hah! biggrin For sure! Y'know, I'm not even sure if there's any English blood in the Royal family? They're all Greek, Russian, German descendents. wink
  3. I was looking at train times on Monday travelling back home from Bristol and I noticed that I don't have to leave Bristol until 2-3 pm in the afternoon. Is anyone going to be around until then?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I was looking at train times on Monday travelling back home from Bristol and I noticed that I don't have to leave Bristol until 2-3 pm in the afternoon. Is anyone going to be around until then?

Depends on work commitments but I might be able to meet up for those few hours on Monday?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I hope the weather is like it is today for next week, it's absolutely gorgeous here in Bristol today with the sun shining, blue skies and a light breeze, truly lovely. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    I hope the weather is like it is today for next week, it's absolutely gorgeous here in Bristol today with the sun shining, blue skies and a light breeze, truly lovely. smile

Nothin like it is there? Nice here too, we've got some peeps round with the conservatory open and a BBQ going at the moment... and a cold beer in hand. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Nothin like it is there? Nice here too, we've got some peeps round with the conservatory open and a BBQ going at the moment... and a cold beer in hand. cool

Just me and my girl here but I have got a cold beer right now.

Cheers beer

What music is playing at the BBQ? I'm guessing not film music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No music at all in fact, though film music wouldn't go a miss with this crowd... well, depends on what sort of film music of course, I don't think they'd much appreciate Aliens at the moment! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    No music at all in fact, though film music wouldn't go a miss with this crowd... well, depends on what sort of film music of course, I don't think they'd much appreciate Aliens at the moment! wink

Good idea! play Alien followed by Aliens and then play Goldenthal's Alien 3 to wind down wink

Perfect party music cheesy
  4. Hello all. I've just discovered this forum, reminds me a lot of the old scorereviews forum. Was very interested to see that there is a meeting next weekend as it would be great to meet some other like minded folks and even better its taking place in Bristol (I live in Clifton). Unfortunately I'm working abroad for a couple of weeks from Wednesday so I'll miss it! Would be great to meet up with some of you Bristol folk another time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008
    Welcome aboard! Oh just one thing, we need your credit card info now if you don't mind? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008
    I hope everyone likes sausages. I love sausages.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

lick cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    John Chambers wrote
    Hello all. I've just discovered this forum, reminds me a lot of the old scorereviews forum. Was very interested to see that there is a meeting next weekend as it would be great to meet some other like minded folks and even better its taking place in Bristol (I live in Clifton). Unfortunately I'm working abroad for a couple of weeks from Wednesday so I'll miss it! Would be great to meet up with some of you Bristol folk another time.

Love the pic in your profile John, looks very remote, where was it taken?

Oh, and welcome wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Time for the forecast to change yet, of course, but looking quite promising:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Bristol-BS32
  5. Many thanks for the welcomes.

Glad you like my profile pic Timmer, it was taken on the Pack Ice up in the Arctic when I was there on a job last month. Actually if you go to bbc.co.uk/oceans there is a really cool 360 degree panorama of almost the same shot, check it out.

Oh and Southall, I check your website regularly, really enjoy your reviews!

Steven, my credit card number is 48569.... hold on a minute!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds like you have an interesting job John!? I'll check the bbc site cool
  6. Southall wrote

lick

What are the chances of us all on Sunday morning having access to BBC Radio 3 and listening to the 40 minutes or so of the Proms Doctor Who segment?