• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013 edited
    well done Peter cool

And the final score is.....

FALSE - 6

TRUE - 3

And the answer is, of course....

FALSE!

To the best of my knowledge Burt Bacharach has never had anything to do with Star Trek, I totally made that up. ( and he does look a little like Burt Bacharach from that era don't you think? )

flash EXTRA BONUS QUESTION flash

WHO is that person in the picture? ( JON, ALAN & THOR, I know you guys KNOW the answer, please let some people have a guess wink )

>>picture one last time THIS IS NOT BURT BACHARACH in STAR TREK

Two clues

1) It IS a composer as Peter mentioned and yes, a FILM composer.

2) EVERYBODY at this board will know this composers name, it's nobody obscure.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I am surprised that the answer isn't known more generally. Maybe the split shows who visits the FSM board and who doesn't.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013
    Well, questions are always easy when you know the answer and yes, it was seeing the pic at FSM that made me think it was a good idea for a TRUE/FALSE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I compared some pictures and I say it is

Alexander Courage
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am surprised that the answer isn't known more generally. Maybe the split shows who visits the FSM board and who doesn't.

Indeed, that's where I've seen it too. I haven't even been to FSM for the past year, but still remember that picture clearly.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    I compared some pictures and I say it is

Alexander Courage

good try but NOPE!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am surprised that the answer isn't known more generally. Maybe the split shows who visits the FSM board and who doesn't.

Indeed, that's where I've seen it too. I haven't even been to FSM for the past year, but still remember that picture clearly.

Peter smile

...but not the name? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I know the name too. wink Just keeping quiet to let others guess.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Now those who don't know will be rummaging through the FSM boards for clues! smile

Personally, I think it's a young Hans Zimmer! tongue
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Now those who don't know will be rummaging through the FSM boards for clues! smile

Oh, so these are The Buggles!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I have no clue at all.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    very VERY popular composer Bregt, often displayed on the NP thread.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Video only killed the ones wearing a red shirt.
  4. Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Video only killed the ones wearing a red shirt.

lol
  5. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2013 edited
    Timmer wrote
    well done Peter cool

And the final score is.....

FALSE - 6

TRUE - 3

And the answer is, of course....

FALSE!

To the best of my knowledge Burt Bacharach has never had anything to do with Star Trek, I totally made that up. ( and he does look a little like Burt Bacharach from that era don't you think? )

flash EXTRA BONUS QUESTION flash

WHO is that person in the picture? ( JON, ALAN & THOR, I know you guys KNOW the answer, please let some people have a guess wink )

>>picture one last time THIS IS NOT BURT BACHARACH in STAR TREK

Two clues

1) It IS a composer as Peter mentioned and yes, a FILM composer.

2) EVERYBODY at this board will know this composers name, it's nobody obscure.

I see this thread has been forgotten ( again rolleyes ), it's time to put this thread to bed for a good few months I think.

Anyway, the question above still hasn't been answered so if anyone wants to make any last minute guesses?????

I'll give the answer tonight at 6.00pm UK time, If I haven't done that at that EXACT time then THOR has my permission to tell you all. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2013
    MARTIJN

Do you know who it is? Feel free to say.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    C'mon then Thor, put this thread and me out of it's misery. wave
  6. Would one of you say who it is!!!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. Timmer, if you wait too long we are going to loose interest! sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BASIL POLEDOURIS
  8. Timmer wrote
    BASIL POLEDOURIS

At last!! wink
  9. Timmer wrote
    BASIL POLEDOURIS

So Poledouris must have been around 18 years old then. Too bad he wasn't a composer already. Maybe he would have contributed a score to the series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. Poledouris had the odd cameo now and then -- in STAR TREK and other things. He also popped up in Klingon costume on a different occasion.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah! I never saw the question until now! sad
    Dommage!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I'm on Malaysia time, I think.
    But I completely lost track of everything.
    It IS 2013, isn't it?

Last time I looked? Yeah?

But you still haven't answered the qquestion posed.

p.s. shame <-envy!

I guess you were jet-lagged? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I never saw the BONUS question! explode
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013 edited
    A man was put to death last week in West Africa for making mens penis's shrink, he would give them a magic hand shake using his magic hands and the mans penis would shrink, this was confirmed by locals who saw the shrunken genitals and magic hand shake man was put to death.

TRUE or FALSE ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013
    Answer tomorrow afternoon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013
    biggrin

FALSE.
    I am extremely serious.