• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Yes, but I meat actual track length, in a way that not everything is split up into 30 second clips. rolleyes smile

Yeap, that's right. I am looking forward to the larger (in duration) pieces in there; might be some very good stuff in it eventually. As long as it's not friggin mickey-mousing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    So; what happened with HORTON HEARS A WHO? After the initial parade of "woah" and "wow"s maybe you realized it was nothing that special after all? Or that it somewhat tired you? Or maybe it is simply TOO much of lots of stuff NOT new? wink kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    So; what happened with HORTON HEARS A WHO? After the initial parade of "woah" and "wow"s maybe you realized it was nothing that special after all? Or that it somewhat tired you? Or maybe it is simply TOO much of lots of stuff NOT new? wink kiss

Awwww! Don't bring this up again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote

Hehe....it is as good as the first day wink
    But we spent all the "whoas" and "wows" in a few hours, so.....anyway Horton rocks! punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

No, it's still something. I think most of us have just listened to it enough for now, and are awaiting the festivities that I'm sure will take place over the next few weeks. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2008 edited
    The score for Horton certainly leave you breathless. But it certainly won't be something I'll listen to often.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008
    I'll have to get it first, and then I'll listen to it for a while, but then Lost Season 3 will come out and all other soundtracks will be forgotten.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Panthera wrote
    I'll have to get it first, and then I'll listen to it for a while, but then Lost Season 3 will come out and all other soundtracks will be forgotten.

Lost? See how many people mention that when Indy IV sweeps such inconsequentials aside.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wonder what will happen then too...P.S., I Love You will be in the CD player for a week, then Lost will take over, but will Indy really beat that for me? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    I wonder what will happen then too...P.S., I Love You will be in the CD player for a week, then Lost will take over, but will Indy really beat that for me? dizzy

It better, so help me god! angry

wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

It better, so help me god! angry

wink

I had a bad dream Saturday night. I went on holiday to LA with my parents. Some weird bus driver was taking us to the hotel and was like ''that's where Sean Callery's studio is''. Then there was a giant chess board and some person was talking about an interview they had with John Powell.

Then something involving a weird building with a big plate of food that no one wanted to eat came into the fray. Then I saw Santa Monica pier off in the distance and wanted to go there, so we got into the bus again and on the way there some guy was selling bootleg copies of The Crystal Skull. We stopped for a bit and bought 17 copies (I don't know why 17).

We put it on in this bus (which for some reason I was now driving - the weird driver was gone) and we fell into a huge dip in the ground. For some reason the CD was 4 minutes long and the first 3 minutes were silent. Then I woke up.

This was after a night of heavy drinking. I realise I need help. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hahaha that's wicked man!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    smile

I have weird dreams sometimes too, but imagine dreaming the Indiana Jones CD is only four minutes long. Erik's worst nightmare!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    ... Any releases regarding Indy 4? Anything (interviews/articles/links) on what John Williams is
    planning for this one??
  1. Have you not heard....John Williams has been replaced on Indy 4!!

Elfman is now the main composer with a collaboration from newman and shaiman!!!

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … gs/#Item_0
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOUR JOKING!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    In fact, he is wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008 edited
    read the link; that's quite a nice fraud.
    wink really had me scared.

Hey I wanted to tell you I just won a first prize in a local composition competition:

http://www.bagaducemusic.org/CM/education.php

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mate, you don't have to use the url function to post plain url links. I edited your other post as well, in the hans zimmer thread.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    In fact, he is wink

tsk tsk wave <- wagging finger wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    So... I don't have to use the url function?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    the url function is only if you need to display something else you'll write in (e.g. a word or a phrase) instead of the actual url.

For instance,

http://www.hans-zimmer.com

can be

the place for all the RC gang
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Ahh. I got it.
    TY
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008
    For anyone who hasn't seen Horton, you've probably missed the Ice Age 3 teaser that's on before the movie.

http://movies.aol.com/movie/ice-age-daw … 30172/main

Enjoy. Obviously, it's not confirmed if Powell is on this and it would be quite a surprise if he wasn't. smile
  2. just a quick note

The more I start re-listen to stuff like Robots, the more I start to dislike Horton more and more. It's fun and covers great ideas but where are the themes? They are tunes here, they intertwine with one another during moments and it all feels like one giant track. Robots had more cohesion and felt more like a movie score. You could listen to the music and realize from which scene it was.

Horton just has moments inside a complete score, and it doesn't have distinguishable themes. I think I'm gonna rewrite my innitial planned review shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    I can distinguish the themes very easily.
  3. Steven wrote
    I can distinguish the themes very easily.

I probably heard too many themes by now, still hearing Robots I heard the themes in variations and carefully developped by Powell. In Horton it's all thrown together to form one giant track confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    I don't think they are any significant themes in Horton. Just a sparse motif here, and another sparser there.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think they are any significant themes in Horton. Just a sparse motif here, and another sparser there.

exactly, and that's why I find it harder for me to enjoy it, more than say Robots
    I must listen to it again, but I think I must be a little more true and just now shame