• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    12PM (obviously very debatable)

Obviously.
    That's usually the time I generally get up.

You get up at midnight? You ARE strange.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Obviously.

Yes.
    I get that all the time.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Obviously.

Yes.
    I get that all the time.

Have you asked any people around you if your pants make you look fat, or have you restricted your question to members of this forum?

Unfortunately I don't know what sort of pants you're wearing. Please could you provide a picture (a photograph preferably, but a professionally-produced painting would suffice if that would be easier) of yourself in your pants? Both from the front side and the rear side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009 edited
    Interestingly the US regard 12:00 PM as noon.
    But then obviously they've always been a bit odd (at least that we have in common).

Myself, I prefer the "military" 24-hours notation.
    Though, to avoid any and all confusion, the best way obviously is Detective Inspector Derek Grim's: "o-thirteen hundred hours PM in the afternoon"!

As for trousers, please find a most representative representation of myself here. The photo is a bit pants though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'd have used 12:00 too, but I thought 12PM would be understood by everyone, so that I wouldn't have to get complaints about everyone about what time that is then.

What should it be?

12AM?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    12 AM is used in the UK. 12 PM is used in the US.
    Both are meant to indicate "noon", so why not just use that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    12 AM is used in the UK. 12 PM is used in the US.
    Both are meant to indicate "noon", so why not just use that?

12AM may be used in the UK, but only by people who are virtually brain-dead (which admittedly could well be the majority of the population). 12AM means 12 hours before noon and 12PM means 12 hours after noon, so to use either of those to represent noon would be a little odd. On the other hand, using either of them to represent midnight would make perfect sense, but a helpful indicator may be needed in order to convey exactly which day it is intended to show (eg 12AM on Thursday means 12 hours before noon on Thursday and so means midnight in between Wednesday and Thursday; whereas clearly 12PM on Thursday means 12 hours after noon on Thursday and so means midnight in between Thursday and Friday).

It will be of no surprise to me at all if you end up with people turning up at three distinct different times for this Maintitles meeting - some at midnight, some at noon and then some at the following midnight.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    11.59 AM Bregt.

There ya go, sorted!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall is invited at o-thirteen hundred hours PM in the afternoon on Septober the fortysecond.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Dear god, lets use the Belgian system.

12:00
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Midnight then?
    Good.
    i'll be there.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Midnight then?
    Good.
    i'll be there.

LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    Dear god, lets use the Belgian system.

12:00

What? You're meeting in the middle of the afternoon?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    OMG.

I won't attend anymore. I'll just drink port myself.

Jesus.
    Kazoo
  1. bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. oh my, have I missed a fun discussion here biggrin

anyway, for me it is okay, Bregt, we'll take the train in Gent together right? Along with my brother and Tim we'll see you at the station then smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009 edited
    I don't have to go to Antwerp to drink port. I have a cellar full of it! beer :port:
    Might be attending too, as it seems my parents are out of the country anyway, so no need to celebrate their birthday then.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  3. Rian wrote
    I don't have to go to Antwerp to drink port. I have a cellar full of it! beer :port:
    Might be attending too, as it seems my parents are out of the country anyway, so no need to celebrate their birthday then.

you should, we harm no one ...

except Bregt biggrin
  4. Oh gee, you're all planning to meet up and drink booze? I can't possibly be there, so I'd like to wish all of you who attend lots of "fun" ( beer ) and don't get your brains damaged so much all you listen to is Tyler Bates and Hans Zimmer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    BluntedBoyWonder wrote
    Oh gee, you're all planning to meet up and drink booze? I can't possibly be there

Liar! Liar! Liar!
    You're closer than ANY of us, back down there in Limbo-country!

You just don't like us. cry
  5. Martijn wrote

Liar! Liar! Liar!
    You're closer than ANY of us, back down there in Limbo-country!

You just don't like us. cry

Limbo-country isn't exactly THAT close to Antwerp as you might think, Red :P I think you'd have to live in the northern provinces to be farther away than me. :P Anyway, I really don't have time to attend, sorry. I have to tag my collection, you know, just to be consistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BluntedBoyWonder wrote
    Red

Red? Who's Red? What's Red? I have NO idea what you're talking about.
    tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A shameless excuse!
    Kazoo
  6. so to clarify, who's all coming?

I think we all agreed to meet the 22nd, in Antwerpen

Who's coming, to get a clear picture of the amount of people we're gonna see
  7. Me wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009
    If I don't have to work , I'll be there as well ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  8. Eric wrote

work, to see us work is not important

In fact, you must say to Work to Fuck off to see us

Yes, we are that important smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009 edited
    Eric wrote

You need to be there!

Do you know a place in the center where we can have this event with like +10 people? Have a drink, eat something, survive, drink, ...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009
    And drink. Don't forget drink!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Eric wrote

You need to be there!

Do you know a place in the center where we can have this event with like +10 people? Have a drink, eat something, survive, drink, ...

I'll do my very best to be there Bregt ... wink

I have a day off domani and I'm going to the centre so I'll have a good look around to find something that suits all our drinking and eating and drinking , drinking , drinking habits ... biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"