• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    You are right. There's no Rotterdam in Greece. Only in the cold, rainy and dark Rotterdam. But according to the Lonely Planet, it has the best café in the world! And it's in the same street as where Joep lives! shocked

If that doesn't get you here, I don't know what ever can.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    Sorry, I'll still have some Christmas shopping left. Driving on those days will be mad!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

Greeks?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If the Greeks can't move Rotterdam then Rotterdam will move the Greeks? dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Greeks?

Geeks!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If the Geeks can't move Rotterdam then.........
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I fear the Geeks even if they bring gifts...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't! Geeks bearing gifts are most welcome cheesy beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'll take what you're smoking.

Btw, Rotterdam has an airport i assume, right?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009 edited
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    I'll take what you're smoking.

Btw, Rotterdam has an airport i assume, right?

What, you don't like your Vergilius? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

They are! However, beware Romulans bearing gifts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I was meant for just the Dutch and Belgian members, since this a closer and easier organised. We do this often, so no worries.

That doesn't mean we don't want that Greek/Spanish (Ubeda) meeting to be cancelled.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Are my eyes fooling me? It says i need 2200+ euros for a return trip with either olympic air, british airways, bmi, aegean or swiss air for DEC 19-21, thessaloniki to Rotterdam!?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Are my eyes fooling me? It says i need 2200+ euros for a return trip with either olympic air, british airways, bmi, aegean or swiss air for DEC 19-21, thessaloniki to Rotterdam!?

Cripes! I'd suggest walking!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

They are! However, beware Romulans bearing gifts.

So I've heard.
  3. Bregt wrote
    I was meant for just the Dutch and Belgian members, since this a closer and easier organised. We do this often, so no worries.

That doesn't mean we don't want that Greek/Spanish (Ubeda) meeting to be cancelled.

Bregt, let's plan to go to Greece next summer, me want to visit the Greeks smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Christodoulides wrote

Joep's pretty famous in Rotterdam, his presence does cost a lot
  5. So was Erasmus tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

Y-e-e-e-e-s-s-s-s. Flights on Rotterdam tend to be charters (there's a couple of standard flights, but it's really a very minor airport).

A return flight from Athens to Amsterdam (from where you'd take a small hour's journey per train to Rotterdam) would cost you 260-300 Euros including taxes.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmmm...interesting! Let's check it up a bit although manies are running low...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    D. This is just an afternoon meeting. I'd love you to be there, be sure of that, but for so much money, it is IMO not worth it. If we can manage to come to Greece, we wouldn't do that for one day either. Not everyone can stay several days in Rotterdam either (work, life ...), so it's not a big event.

If we manage to organise such thing in Greece (or Ubeda, since the way to get there will be easier next year) it's worth having multiple days. Like the Bristol thing for example, when I stayed a few extra days with Tim (who's not frequently visiting anymore though). Makes the trip more worth it than just flying over.

But you are allowed of course! I just wouldn't want you to loose so much money on a short event (I admit, if you'd join, I'd try to find a hostel for a night, and we can have a party with Joep and the others wink ).

smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, you're pretty right on that one...i soooo want a big mt meeting though, be it Ubeda or anywhere else!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I would hope it could be somewhere that has cheap airfare tickets from Norway. The major cities in Europe, Eastern Europe etc. Greece is quite expensive, unfortunately, unless you order a charter trip to one of the islands. And that's kinda cold this time of year, even in Greece.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    Bregt wrote
    If we manage to organise such thing in Greece (or Ubeda, since the way to get there will be easier next year)

A meeting in Úbeda would be sooooo great (Bregt is right, this year it might be easier to get there); although Greece has always been at the top of my list when thinking of traveling.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. I agree.
  7. For a general meeting I would think that the location would have to be central and easy (and cheap) to get to, have plenty of things to do (and/or bars) and (ideally) have a member who has some local knowledge of the area.

Using Bristol again as a good example, I found the local knowledge (i.e., Tim and James) added greatly to the whole time. (As well as having access to a relatively large Tesco.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You'll just have to come to America, sorry you're outvoted
    listen to more classical music!
  8. whatever the place, just let us promise that we arrange it early enough so that I can take some vacation, Greece or Great Britain or even America would be very cool for me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know a great place in Nepal cool

It will mean walking for 10-12 days and will include crossing some indiana jones style rope bridges and a diet of nothing but dal-bhat and chappati but it would be worth it wink