• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009

MV from La La Land said it's just a temp cover.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009 edited
    http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=2107#more-2107

Final Cover and Track Titles. SPOILER WARNING for Track Titles

While Disc 1, containing stuff from the whole season, manages to avoid any spoilers in the track titles, the titles from Disc 2, containing the complete (!) score to the show´s finale, "Daybreak", are very spoilerific.
  1. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=2107#more-2107

Final Cover and Track Titles.

don't want to read, haven't seen the season yet shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Yeah, sorry, I should have pointed that out. Edited my former post for future viewers.
  3. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yeah, sorry, I should have pointed that out. Edited my former post for future viewers.

I only read the very first track, so I'm okay smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited
    This made me so very unhappy: http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=2347

I was so impressed with the quality of the submissions I’ve decided to award a prize to everyone who submitted a design! Each participant will recieve an autographed Limited Edition Battlestar Galactica Soundtrack Album: The Best of Seasons 1 - 4. These discs are incredibly rare, made exclusively for cast and crew who worked on the series. But, all you guys have worked on it now, too! The CDs were made last spring for the wrap party, before I had scored all of Season 4. So, the Season 4 tracks included are actually exclusive mixes and versions, different from the ones on the upcoming 2-CD soundtrack!

Man, that's going to be tough to 1) find it for sale online, and 2) find it at an affordable price. And thinking I almost sent in my design as well; but found myself in a bit of a time shortage... Meh angry
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  4. Rian wrote
    This made me so very unhappy: http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=2347

I was so impressed with the quality of the submissions I’ve decided to award a prize to everyone who submitted a design! Each participant will recieve an autographed Limited Edition Battlestar Galactica Soundtrack Album: The Best of Seasons 1 - 4. These discs are incredibly rare, made exclusively for cast and crew who worked on the series. But, all you guys have worked on it now, too! The CDs were made last spring for the wrap party, before I had scored all of Season 4. So, the Season 4 tracks included are actually exclusive mixes and versions, different from the ones on the upcoming 2-CD soundtrack!

Man, that's going to be tough to 1) find it for sale online, and 2) find it at an affordable price. And thinking I almost sent in my design as well; but found myself in a bit of a time shortage... Meh angry

ah, stuff for the nerds
    I want the versions of the actual 2 disc soundtrack
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009
    http://jasontd.com/battlestar-galactica-on-the-doorstep

Want.
    Sobadly.

Now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    OK. I'm salivating!!! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sexy looking release. lick

We're are nerds. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    WE? Don't you mean "YOU" are? Nobody else characterized it as "sexy" wink tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. First leaked track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxjGOSmH6kw

Still waiting... the CD is said to arrive at my place on Wednesday or Thursday... can´t frakking wait...
  6. I just want to know does the track listing have spoilers of any sort? If so I'll just have to wait to get this until after I've seen Season 4 (come september).

Looks like a sweet package. Hope the music will be the best yet.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Maybe a tiny bit, yes.
  7. Those from Disc 1 are okay. Disc 2 titles are very spoilerific.
  8. MMYeah... I'll just hold out for a while. Normally I'm immune to spoilers, in that I just don't care or forget about it, but for BSG I simply don't want the biggest secret of all prematurely revealed.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  9. I understand and think you are absolutely right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm...let's not build Gilles' expectations up too highly.
    There's no clear consensus about season 4 at all, and I for one thought it dragged immensely towards the end and had a rather poor (not too mention easy) pay-off.

Mind though that as a whole I still think it's an outstanding series.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  10. Martijn wrote
    Hmmm...let's not build Gilles' expectations up too highly.
    There's no clear consensus about season 4 at all, and I for one thought it dragged immensely towards the end and had a rather poor (not too mention easy) pay-off.

Mind though that as a whole I still think it's an outstanding series.

I don't think it will be too easy, I can't believe one of the greatest shows of the recent time will end easy

anyway, don't want to know the track titles either
    me want to be blown away
  11. Given that the explanation for everything [spoiler]has been set up properly from Day 1, I can live with it. It was nothing they conjured up, they told us into the face.[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, the fact that [spoiler]they started out saying "it's all a mystery and the will of God", and it turned out to indeed be that way[/spoiler] wasn't very satisfactory at all to me, I'm afraid.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  12. Thank the lords of Kobol for spoiler tags. smile

And Bregt.
  13. So Say We All!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  14. Martijn wrote
    Well, the fact that [spoiler]they started out saying "it's all a mystery and the will of God", and it turned out to indeed be that way[/spoiler] wasn't very satisfactory at all to me, I'm afraid.

[spoiler]I found it to be an interesting choice because it played with peoples´ expectations. Kinda "they said it´s that, so it can´t be that". I think that´s what makes it so good. I mean, how often do characters in a movie or series get told "it´s all the will of God" and it actually turns out to be true? Personally, I found it funny and satisfying. I can understand why people don´t like it, though. I just wished those same people could understand why I like it.[/spoiler]
  15. I've got to say that the ending disappointed me. The last truly fascinating section of the series for me was 'The Oath / Blood on the Scales' arc. It was the last time likable characters were pitted against each other over perfectly valid differences that led to tragic outcomes.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  16. Some thoughts on the new double album...
    *I will mention track titles, however I don't think any of them are spoilers*
    There is some superb material. The second disc - the score of the finale episode - surveys most of the themes of the series with a more extensive orchestral presence than usual. 'The Line', 'An Easterly View', 'So Much Life', 'Goodbye Sam' and 'Into the Sun' are the peaks for me. The 15 minute action cue actually is interesting, but kind of feels less interesting in comparison to 'Prelude to War', 'Mandala in the Clouds' and 'Storming New Caprica' from previous seasons.

The first disc is the real winner for me however, with some wonderful tracks like 'The Hub', 'Elegy', 'Among the Ruins', 'Roslin and Adama Reunited', and in particular all versions of 'Gaeta's Lament' (heard in 'Blood on the Scales' as well as both of the tracks titled 'Gaeta's Lament'). It's probably the weight of things like 'Gaeta's Lament' and 'The Hub' that shifts me in favour of the first album. Like the episodes that lament accompanied ('Guess what's coming to dinner', and 'The Oath' arc), there is more meat for drama here than the very-well produced finale 'Daybreak' ultimately offered. 'Among the Ruins' and 'Funeral Pyre' from the superb mid-season re-opener 'Sometimes a Great Notion' explore darker territory than any of the BSG music before.

'Kara Remembers' is a strong track, but feels a little happy to hold on a groove -- it probably could have been worked over a little more for album. 'The Signal' is 90% great, but is almost ruined by having what sounds like a choir of 6 shouting at the top of their lungs in an otherwise empty room. (The small choir works much better for the early cue devoted to Baltar's cult.) 'Diaspora Oratorio' is also pretty strong, and I suspect it will grow on me.

My three favourite cues of the series are still from the season 3 album - 'Violence and Variations', 'Storming New Caprica' and 'Battlestar Sonatica'. However the new album confirms that this was some of the best music in a TV show in recent times.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009
    Great to see the bonus segment on the Season 4 Part 2 DVD set called 'The Evolution Of A Cue'.
    It details Bear's entire process of writing a cue then orchestrating, mixing etc.
    Very revealing and educational!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    Earlier this year, composer Bear McCreary was at the Eastwood Scoring Stage to record music for the new television pilot, "Human Target", based on the DC Comics graphic novel. ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    Battlestar Galactica: The Plan/Razor (OSC) [SOUNDTRACK]
    Bear Mccreary (Artist)

Product Details

* Audio CD (February 16, 2010)
    * Original Release Date: 2010
    * Number of Discs: 1