• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Have we already thought of our cow friends (who obviously like it here), are happy when we eat them?

cow

Can't you see the cow calling to you Bregt saying "eat me, eat me!"
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yes.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    yes.

See! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Horses have had a relationship with man which is probably nearly as long as dogs? Certainly longer than cats.

Doesn't stop some countries from eating them.

And how about birds?
    They are being kept longer than cats!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited
    Just so you know I've been reading this thread with much interest and more than once I started writing a reply but deleted just before posting it. I chose not to participate because my passionate arguments (D. this is for you wink ) would create a further storm. I was just sitting back watching my two favorite lads were "fighting" in a way but I truly enjoyed your arguments.
    On a lighter note, I cooked a fantastic rissoto today with vegetables and tuna.
    I can't wait for the Clean Monday dishes! Do you like them D?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Stavroula wrote
    Just so you know I've been reading this thread with much interest and more than once I started writing a reply but deleted just before posting it. I chose not to participate because my passionate arguments (D. this is for you wink ) would create a further storm. I was just sitting back watching my two favorite lads were "fighting" in a way but I truly enjoyed your arguments.
    On a lighter note, I cooked a fantastic rissoto today with vegetables and tuna. I can't waith for the Clean Monday dishes! Do you like them D?

I'm not D, but I DO like rissoto! But tonight I'm having some kind of pasta dish. I did have tuna at lunch time. (From Subway.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    ...more than once I started writing a reply but deleted just before posting it. I chose not to participate because my passionate arguments (D. this is for you wink ) would create a further storm.

Oh God.
    That's ALL we'd need. TWO emotional Greeks not listening to what anyone's actually saying!
    I'm starting to understand the Trojan War all of a sudden.

Helen: "Dear, I'm going to take the crew to Paris"
    Menelaos: "WHAT? You're going to screw Paris?"
    Helen: "No dear, I'm going to GO to Paris"
    Menelaos: "AND you're LEAVING me for Paris, wench?"
    Helen: "No, not that Paris..."
    Menelaos: "So you're being unfaithful to me with OTHER men as well, you harlot?"
    Helen: "No! Why do you destroy our marriage?"
    Menelaos: "To TROY? For a MARRIAGE? THAT's IT! I'm launching a thousand ships!"

tongue
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Oh God.
    That's ALL we need. TWO emotional Greeks not listening to what anyone's actually saying!

Menelaos: "So you're being unfaithful to me with OTHER men as well, you harlot?"

Ha,ha,ha! Very funny indeed! You are adsolutely right sire. I am indeed an emotional Greek considering thee one of the two males in this board who are dear to me (no offence to the rest! you are all my good friends). I beg for your forgiveness. Perhaps I should find a replacement to my good graces. Do you think?

EDIT: i think I've gain weight. Green salad for me tonight.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Oh God.
    That's ALL we need. TWO emotional Greeks not listening to what anyone's actually saying!

applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    On a lighter note, I cooked a fantastic rissoto today with vegetables and tuna.
    I can't wait for the Clean Monday dishes! Do you like them D?

....and back to FOOD that we ALL like to eat! beer cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote:I can't wait for the Clean Monday dishes! Do you like them D?

What on Earth are "clean monday dishes"?
    A preparation for Slightly Dusty Tuesday's leftovers and Positively Filthy Wednesday's scraps? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    ...emotional Greek...

Wouldn't have you -or D.- any other way, lass. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote

A preparation for Slightly Dusty Tuesday's leftovers and Positively Filthy Wednesday's scraps? confused

I'm not sure I'm talking to you so Demetris will explain. tongue

EDIT:
    Damn! You called my lass... now I have to talk to you!
    Clean Monday is the first day of Lent. We mostly eat seafood. It's this Monday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Interestingly Clean Monday is called ASH Wednesday in English! (Yeah, we start on Wednesday, while you start on Monday).

I have to say I like the Greek concept ("clean" because you leave your sins behind you) better than the northern ones ("ash" because heads need to be anointed with ashes as a sign of penitance).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Clean Monday; yeap, describes it perfectly wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    ...more than once I started writing a reply but deleted just before posting it. I chose not to participate because my passionate arguments (D. this is for you wink ) would create a further storm.

Oh God.
    That's ALL we'd need. TWO emotional Greeks not listening to what anyone's actually saying!

tongue

lollollollol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote

Oh God.

tongue

lollollollol

Okay okay okay ...lets not overdo it! rolleyes

Oh 'ang on, it IS D though wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Martijn wrote

I'm not sure I'm talking to you so Demetris will explain. tongue

EDIT:
    Damn! You called my lass... now I have to talk to you!
    Clean Monday is the first day of Lent. We mostly eat seafood. It's this Monday.

I like the idea of that? lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tim, i seriously laughed my ass of with that comment. And still do when i read it biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Martijn wrote
    So what's the basis?
    Black tea? Or just rasped ginger in hot water?
    Bit of honey added, I take it?

Bregje wrote
    You don't need to add anything else because it has a very nice taste of it's own, a bit like lemon. But with green tea it's nice as well.

Note to self: try and read next time. shame

Tried it.
    Epic fail.
    I think I used to little ginger to start with and a tea strainer with holes that are too big, as I ended up with a rather tasteless ginger murky soup-like substance. slant

Do you rasp the ginger with or without the skin?

And how did you get along with the vegetarian cooking?
    I'd be interested in some successful recipes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    This is absurd!

Only two lads are dear to Stavroula! How disappointing! sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    This is absurd!

Don't be disappointed Bregt.

Two lads + One lady = fisticuffs explode

You're well out of it. biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote
    This is absurd!

Oh, so THAT's where that came from!
    I was wondering about your "most not liking Stavroula" comment.

Jeez mate, for one thing, she said: "you are all my good friends", and secondly, with that volatile southern temperament WHO is ever sure of ANY status at any given point?

As Heidi Klum so succinctly put it: "Van day you're in, und ze next day you're OUT!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    This is absurd!

Oh, so THAT's where that came from!
    I was wondering about your "most not liking Stavroula" comment.

Jeez mate, for one thing, she said: "you are all my good friends", and secondly, with that volatile southern temperament WHO is ever sure of ANY status at any given point?

As Heidi Klum so succinctly put it: "Van day you're in, und ze next day you're OUT!"

And as Pacino put it: "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009 edited
    I planned to have as little sugar, chocolate and junk food today as possible after quite a bad run so far this week. How wrong I was. They were selling hundreds of different types of sweets in the canteen so we were all challenging each other to eat the most sour, vomit inducing little sweets the mind could imagine.

My mouth was burning and even after finishing one (yup, I failed miserably) my entire mouth felt like it was coated in sugar.

Plus I've got a huge bad of apple sours to eat, but considering the horrible little shits I ate earlier, these seem like a cakewalk.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    I planned to have as little sugar, chocolate and junk food today as possible after quite a bad run so far this week. How wrong I was. They were selling hundreds of different types of sweets in the canteen so we were all challenging each other to eat the most sour, vomit inducing little sweets the mind could imagine.

My mouth was burning and even after finishing one (yup, I failed miserably) my entire mouth felt like it was coated in sugar.

Plus I've got a huge bad of apple sours to eat, but considering the horrible little shits I ate earlier, these seem like a cakewalk.

You're dentist is rubbing his hands together in glee biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009
    Sweets are simply a marketing ploy used by dentists to bring in business. If it wasn't for idiots like me, they'd be out of a job.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Sweets are simply a marketing ploy used by dentists to bring in business. If it wasn't for idiots like me, they'd be out of a job.

Well I gotta admit I love sweets too ( particularly bon bons and those sour coca cola jellies ) but I've never done the extra step you did dizzy cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    I didn't want to eat a big dinner as I need space for beer tonight!! biggrin wink

But I did build one of my very favourite sandwich's, thick white bread with cold chicken and hot crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    Shut up! angry I've been out on video jobs since 6 o'clock this morning and i won't be home until around 12 tonight and i haven't eaten properly yet! You evil Tim-devil!