• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008
    Bone Dry [SOUNDTRACK]
    Scott Glasgow (Composer)

cd cover:
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6 … SS500_.jpg

Product Details

Audio CD (March 25, 2008)
    Number of Discs: 1
    Format: Soundtrack
    Label: Intrada

Track Listings
    1. The Pool (00:59)
    2. Mysterious Stranger (02:46)
    3. Abduction (01:23)
    4. Open Desert (03:18)
    5. Hunted (02:58)
    6. Day Two (03:08)
    7. Drugged (03:01)
    8. Cactus Torture (05:15)
    9. Three Bottles (03:32)
    10. Sandstorm (02:48)
    11. Needle (05:21)
    12. Nightmare (05:42)
    13. Fire Fight (01:59)
    14. Confrontation (03:23)
    15. Hood Ornament (03:06)
    16. Snake Bite (04:25)
    17. Drug Dealers (03:00)
    18. Desert Chase (01:44)
    19. I. Epiphany (06:46)
    20. II. Contrition (04:56)
    21. III. Redemption (02:49)

Product Description

Brett A. Hart's Bone Dry is a two-character thriller set against a blistering and desolate desert landscape. Eddie (Luke Gross) finds himself being forced at gunpoint by an unseen assailant on a dark and brutal journey through the harsh terrain of the Mojave. His nemesis is Jimmy (Lance Henriksen), a man with an aberrant agenda. Armed with a rifle, scope, walkie-talkies and a truck, Jimmy has organized a series of ambushes and mantraps designed to push Eddie to the limits of his humanity. Bone Dry is inspired by the Spielberg classic Duel, Cooper and Shoedesack's The Most Dangerous Game, and even the works of Rod Sterling. 'When finally choosing my debut film, I picked a thriller that would accommodate an approach similar to Hitchcock and Herrmann vehicles. It is a picture of, to use Hitchcock's phrase, 'pure cinema': set pieces woven together with tremendous moments of music and suspenseful imagery; storytelling without a great deal of dialog; in other words, a visual opus,' says Hart. When composer Scott Glasgow accepted the assignment to score Bone Dry, he was immediately struck by the opportunity to do something unique. For the primary color of the score, he chose to record and process the sounds of a plucked cactus. As Glasgow comments in his notes, 'In this score, you will find a very plucky, delayed arpeggio sort of sound representing the desert, but you will also hear many scrapes, brushes, thunks, and other cactus manipulations throughout. I even created a whole keyboard sample 'tuned' and mapped so I could play it like a piano.' A highlight of the score is the final 15 minutes performed by the FILMharmonic Orchestra of Prague consisting of 50 strings. 'Epiphany,' Contrition,' and 'Redemption' form a three-movement symphony of sorts, bringing the score to a powerful, dramatic close. This new release features over 70 minutes of Scott Glasgow's score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Of the stuff on this CD that really stands out, the last 15 minutes, there is one bit that sounds like the film had to have been temped with Elliot Goldenthal's HEAT.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's the rest of the score like?
  2. Like plucking cactus, dude. biggrin

I think CHASING GHOSTS and HACK are probably more interesting. BONE DRY would work better as a shorter album. Good sound textures, etc - you might find it a little light on melody?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Like plucking cactus, dude. biggrin

I think CHASING GHOSTS and HACK are probably more interesting.

Probably! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    Outstanding score, Scott is a good friend and really needs a Spielberg kind of break.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009
    THE GENE GENERATION
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Scott Glasgow

BAI LING

In the futuristic world of Olympia, Michelle (Bai Ling) fights DNA Hackers who use their skills to hack into people’s bodies and kill them. She is an assassin, battling her past demons and trying to keep her younger and extroverted brother, Jackie (Parry Shen), out of trouble. But when Jackie gets involved in a petty crime of robbery, he propels himself into the world of DNA Hackers, loan shark Shylocks and Gang Fights. Wanting the respect that the world has never given him only makes it harder for Jackie to peel himself away from the underground trades — against the hopes of Michelle, who always wanted to leave the city and lead a calm and quiet life. As emotions and gunfire get into the way, Michelle and Jackie soon find themselves fighting for their lives, finding out that in an immoral world, love can still survive — and that blood is thicker than water.

The striking and exotic score for THE GENE GENERATION is from horror/sci-fi newcomer Scott Glasgow.

Already an international sensation, THE GENE GENERATION makes its DVD debut in January 2009.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 951 2
    Release Date: 03/17/09
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009 edited
    A Conversation with Scott Glasgow

Soundtrax: Episode 2009-7
    June 5th, 2009

By Randall D. Larson

Award winning composer, Scott Glasgow has been living and working in Hollywood since 2001 after moving from San Francisco where he earned his Masters from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. In 2001, Scott was awarded the ASCAP fellowship to study film scoring at the Aspen Music Festival with John Corigliano and record with David Zinman's Conducting Orchestra. In 2002, Scott was also a finalist in the Turner Classic Film Scoring Contest. Since his arrival in Hollywood, Scott has worked as an assistant or score preparer for such composers as Christopher Young, Bruce Broughton, Elia Cmiral, Jeff Rona, Michael Levine, and Philip Giffin, and, since 2005 has steadily increased his exposure and reputation as a film composer in his own right, providing notable scores to films such as Chasing Ghosts, Bone Dry, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, and The Gene Generation (all of which have generated soundtrack albums on MovieScore Media, Intrada, and Varese Sarabande labels). I interviewed Scott a couple of weeks ago and we took a walk through his career to gather his thoughts and perspectives on his work in film music thus far.

Read the interview at:
    http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?s … amp;ref=nf
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    Scott is quickly moving up the ladder, keep a eye and a ear on him, way to go Scott!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    MovieScore Media will release Scott's TOXIC score early October.

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/comingsoon.html

Cheers,

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009
    MovieScore Media presents

TOXIC

Music Composed by
    SCOTT GLASGOW

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/toxic.html

CD distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=12932

Download album in 320kbit mp3 format here:
    http://www.payloadz.com/go?id=1140851

Download album on iTunes here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … p;s=143441

The composer of Chasing Ghosts and Hack! (both previously released by MovieScore Media), as well as Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, Bone Dry and The Gene Generation, created a gritty, intense and urban score for Alan Pao's action thriller Toxic, which stars Susan Ward, Corey Large, Master P, Dominique Sawin, Danny Trejo and Tom Sizemore.

Our score album has been in the works for some time – allowing time for some remixing and remastering of certain cues for the CD - and we are excited to finally be able to announce the release of Scott's score, which apart from eerie electronic music and hard-hitting action cues also feature some striking film noir-ish mystery music and nasty orchestral horror cues.

With this score, Glasgow demonstrates a different side to his musical voice: a modern approach to film scoring in the style of Harry Gregson-Williams and John Powell, still with his own voice and artistic integrity shining through the layers contemporary rhythms and sound design.

MMS08021 TOXIC (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by SCOTT GLASGOW
    Release date (download): October 6, 2009
    Release date (CD): October 13, 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm sure the score is good, Mikael, but I must admit that the cover artwork is not the best I've seen. Any reason for why it ended up like that?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Oooh, if you knew the troubles I've gone through to come up with a cover AT ALL for this release. We simply could not get hold of the original film artwork (the original film poster is not very good, for that matter) or DVD covers. I only had a handful of photos, none of them depicting the gritty, edgy nature of the film and score. So this is what we ended up doing...

mc
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You should have asked Luis! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009 edited
    moviescore wrote
    Oooh, if you knew the troubles I've gone through to come up with a cover AT ALL for this release. We simply could not get hold of the original film artwork (the original film poster is not very good, for that matter) or DVD covers. I only had a handful of photos, none of them depicting the gritty, edgy nature of the film and score. So this is what we ended up doing...

mc

Gotcha! Thanks for the explanation. I had a feeling it was something like that.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. moviescore wrote

mc

I can imagine sometimes how hard it must be to get a cover of these smaller products, you once said the only reason The 4 Musketeers delayed was because of the problem of the cover.

but perhaps indeed a man like Luis could be a giant help for several labels like MovieScore Media
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    Hmm. I doubt that Luis could work big wonders given the material we had at hand on these projects... rolleyes

I have about 20 years of experience in graphic design and have designed newspapers, books, magazines, web sites, and some 80 CD covers... I love what Luis is doing though! Very clean graphic style. punk But designing the artwork for my albums is a part of the process that I really enjoy, sometimes it's actually the best part!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    moviescore wrote
    Hmm. I doubt that Luis could work big wonders given the material we had at hand on these projects... rolleyes

You know what... just for the fun of it... give Luis all the material you had and let's see what he comes up with. Again, just for the fun of it.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Erik Woods wrote
    You know what... just for the fun of it... give Luis all the material you had and let's see what he comes up with. Again, just for the fun of it.

Well. Why not.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    moviescore wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Well. Why not.

mc

BTW, I like the Toxic front cover.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Doing something that was purely graphic was the only solution as most of the photographic material was just not good enough. I tried a "sexy" approach using the pic that is on the back of the finished artwork, but that just didn't reflect the nature of the score and the film...

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    What's wrong with the cover? At the very least it's something distinctive and not another silly photo montage. I like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    It's funny how you deal so much with the cover and not the content.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009 edited
    I like the font you used for that sentence.
  4. moviescore wrote
    designing the artwork for my albums is a part of the process that I really enjoy, sometimes it's actually the best part!

mc

interesting to hear that smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012
    The other day i read a pretty long rant from him about how Streitenfield is an arranger and not a real composer, and how HGW showed him how it is done thus why the latter's theme was used so extensively in the movie, and juxtaposed some musical material from the older Alien/s films in comparison; found it pretty small and shameful on his behalf, have to say.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scott Glasgow said this?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. I read something on Twitter/Facebook where someone rewatched Alien after seeing Prometheus and was questioning the use of Goldsmith's score for Freud in place of the original music Goldsmith had written. Was this part of the same rant? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap and they later continued on that debate....if you have him on facebook i am pretty sure you'll find the talk..
  6. Well, the thing is, Glasgow's right: Streitenfeld is NOT a trained composer, he said so himself at the Prometheus Q&A we all attended on Monday. He worked as a music editor for Zimmer for several years, before Ridley Scott approached him to score A GOOD YEAR, and even when he was offered that job he said "You know, I'm not a composer...", but Scott hired him anyway.

On Monday, in a room full of composers, the moderator was trying to get Streitenfeld to explain his score, its structure, and the intellectual ideas behind the writing -- because everyone was genuinely interested -- and he couldn't do it. I left before the Q&A finished because I was so bored by Streitenfeld's evasiveness, but Glasgow told me later that someone else asked about HGW's theme and why it was all over the film, and apparently he got all embarassed and didn't want to talk about it.