• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm just about to download the set and I'll PM you my guesses later tonight.

I expect nothing but the maximum of points from you Alan wink

shame
    I've failed you, master. sad

hehe, you did your very best so I'm proud of you wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    7. Carter Burwell: Miller's Crossing (1990): the directional pair was of course the Coen Brothers, and Burwell's theme is his finest yet

Very cool! I will have to check this out.

18. Trevor Jones: Thirteen Days (2000)

Drat! I did think of this but ruled it out since I didn't expect such a rousing piece (the clip) in this film.

19. Joe Hisaishi: Le Petit Poucet (2001)

Ouch! This was to be my first guess but I didn't think you'd blatantly give out the movie name so I went with Chinese Tall Story.

20. Patrick Doyle: Nouvelle France (2004) the Canadian singer was Celine Dion who wrote Nouvelle France based on Doyle's score, this melody was the theme of that song and the heart of the stirring music

Funny how I thought this sounded like Doyle but mistook your French film hint to be French composer.

Great game and congrats to Dreamtheater and others for the high scores!

I'll make my clips tonight and put them up sometime tomorrow morning.
  2. BhelPuri wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    7. Carter Burwell: Miller's Crossing (1990): the directional pair was of course the Coen Brothers, and Burwell's theme is his finest yet

Very cool! I will have to check this out.

18. Trevor Jones: Thirteen Days (2000)

Drat! I did think of this but ruled it out since I didn't expect such a rousing piece (the clip) in this film.

19. Joe Hisaishi: Le Petit Poucet (2001)

Ouch! This was to be my first guess but I didn't think you'd blatantly give out the movie name so I went with Chinese Tall Story.

20. Patrick Doyle: Nouvelle France (2004) the Canadian singer was Celine Dion who wrote Nouvelle France based on Doyle's score, this melody was the theme of that song and the heart of the stirring music

Funny how I thought this sounded like Doyle but mistook your French film hint to be French composer.

Great game and congrats to Dreamtheater and others for the high scores!

I'll make my clips tonight and put them up sometime tomorrow morning.

Miller's Crossing's a very short album, but it has one of the most beautiful themes ever composed (at least for me), so you have my consent to check this one one smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. I must also admit that I thought of shooting Night Crossing as the first Goldsmith score biggrin And Lionheart, DAMMIT
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. I should have known to guess more Hans Zimmer in that game. wink
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.