• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013
    biggrin http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f1c_1367463339
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013 edited
    Demetris wrote
    I thoroughly enjoyed this smile http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2cb_1367793459

I didn't. I can't stand him and I wish he'd just disappear but I don't wish harm on him ( at least no harm beyond OTT jokes ), it's no wonder these "stars" are always surrounded by 20 stone hulks and are near unapproachable by the public.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2013
    Perhaps not 'funny' per se, but this certainly gives the word 'Gentle Giant' a real meaning....it's about a Ukranian, real-life giant that is performing in this year's Eurovision Song Contest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p … jOsTWDslhY
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Are you sure that's not just the worlds most perfectly proportioned midget talking to an average sized bloke? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anything's possible. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

I didn't. I can't stand him and I wish he'd just disappear but I don't wish harm on him ( at least no harm beyond OTT jokes ), it's no wonder these "stars" are always surrounded by 20 stone hulks and are near unapproachable by the public.

Indeed, I don't get why anyone would find that funny. In fact I don't get why people are so angry at Bieber. Is it due to jealousy, or is it because they see him as a symptom of a sick society that worships fluff instead of real talent? In any case, it makes no sense to blame Bieber. He did what any of us would in his situation, and became filthy rich. Just a random kid who got lucky. Good for him.

Peter smile
  1. plindboe wrote
    Indeed, I don't get why anyone would find that funny. In fact I don't get why people are so angry at Bieber. Is it due to jealousy, or is it because they see him as a symptom of a sick society that worships fluff instead of real talent? In any case, it makes no sense to blame Bieber. He did what any of us would in his situation, and became filthy rich. Just a random kid who got lucky. Good for him.

It's not Bieber that's hateful, it's the fact that he got so incredibly popular on the back of not really much at all, and that for some reason he's lasted well beyond the fifteen minutes that phenomena such as him are usually due. It's the same thing with Twilight...the books themselves are just mediocre crap that isn't worth hating, but the fact that it got so big whereas other good stuff remains in the shadows is what makes it so easy to hate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013 edited
    Utter crappy douches that suck all the attention over hard-working talent that really deserves it, will always be hated. Especially if they're as arrogant and childish as the Bieber dildo. wink

As far as the jealousy thing, i find it funny whenever it comes up as an argument (especially from the Belieber camps), except if anyone here wanted to be a popular pop singer.
  2. But you would want to be as rich?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. That said, I do hate Justine's Beaver.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    That said, I do hate Justine's Beaver.

He doesn't have one........in fact I doubt he's got anything.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

Peter smile

If ever we have a one world leader I think I'll vote for you Peter wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    But you would want to be as rich?

No, 'cause it destroys balance of life as i understand and live it and besides, i was never fond of that lifestyle.

I'd like to have more money than i currently have, yes, but in logical levels. Nothing even remorely near celebrity lifestyles or their huge wealth.

Money doesn't bring happiness, look at all those sad celebrity lives, suicides, drugs, divorces, legal battles and scandals, misery. For all that's in stock for the Bieber kid, i don't envy him at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

Peter smile

Him or Dalai Lama wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd put the Dalai Lama in charge of China which would henceforth be known as Tibet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Utter crappy douches that suck all the attention over hard-working talent that really deserves it, will always be hated. Especially if they're as arrogant and childish as the Bieber dildo. wink

Just an normal kid, for who whenever he opens his mouth it's printed on the front page of news papers across the world. Not surprisingly a young guy like that says stupid stuff on a frequent basis, like we all did at that age.

Demetris wrote
    As fir the jealousy thing, i find it funny whenever it comes up as an argument (especially from the Belieber camps), except if anyone here wanted to be a popular pop singer.

You mean, "except if anyone here wanted to be a millionaire and have young women screaming our names whenever we leave a building"? Yep, I can't see how any guy would ever want that! Doesn't exactly seem like a coincidence that this kid is worshipped by young women across the world, and the group who seems to hate him the most are young men. What are the odds?!

Timmer wrote

I might give you a couple of countries to rule over. beer

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    You mean, "except if anyone here wanted to be a millionaire and have young women screaming our names whenever we leave a building"?

I experience this every other Thursday.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Peter, that is bollocks my friend; i don't know about you and your fantasies but i live a perfectly full and happy sex life with my wife (Still no kids, that's why wink ) so i don't need any more in my life.

As i said:

Demetris wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

No, 'cause it destroys balance of life as i understand and live it and besides, i was never fond of that lifestyle.

I'd like to have more money than i currently have, yes, but in logical levels. Nothing even remorely near celebrity lifestyles or their huge wealth.

Money doesn't bring happiness, look at all those sad celebrity lives, suicides, drugs, divorces, legal battles and scandals, misery. For all that's in stock for the Bieber kid, i don't envy him at all.
  4. Demetris wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Couldn't agree more!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013 edited
    D, keep in mind that I never said that jealousy/envy was your motivator. I mentioned two distinct possibilities to explain the widespread hatred, and if you say that the first one doesn't apply to you, I'll take your word for it. If you're one of those rare people who doesn't want to be rich, and would instantly give the money away if you ever won a billion bucks in the lottery, it doesn't change the fact that most people want to be rich. If you're not envious of a person whose life turns into an Axe commercial every time he leaves a building, that's great for you, but it doesn't change the fact that it's the ultimate male fantasy to be desired and worshipped by beautiful, young women. Lastly, there's the curious fact that the group of people who seems to worship Bieber are young women and the group who hates him the most are young men. It's the most obvious conclusion in the world that the wide-spread hatred of this boy is, not wholly, but in some part fueled by envy. But of course individuals differ, and each person will have different reasons for hating the kid.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote

D, I don't think it's quite as cut and dry as you make it sound. I think money gives us more options and opportunities to seek happiness, but the flip side (that we so often see in the media) is that it also brings more options and opportunities to make wrong decisions.

Money is like the Internet; it's not an inherently good or bad thing, but it is a powerful thing. Given a responsible mind, I don't think being rich would be a bad thing at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    plindboe wrote
    D, keep in mind that I never said that jealousy/envy was your motivator. I mentioned two distinct possibilities to explain the widespread hatred, and if you say that the first one doesn't apply to you, I'll take your word for it. If you're one of those rare people who doesn't want to be rich, and would instantly give the money away if you ever won a billion bucks in the lottery, it doesn't change the fact that most people want to be rich. If you're not envious of a person whose life turns into an Axe commercial every time he leaves a building, that's great for you, but it doesn't change the fact that it's the ultimate male fantasy to be desired and worshipped by beautiful, young women. Lastly, there's the curious fact that the group of people who seems to worship Bieber are young women and the group who hates him the most are young men. It's the most obvious conclusion in the world that the wide-spread hatred of this boy is, not wholly, but in some part fueled by envy. But of course individuals differ, and each person will have different reasons for hating the kid.

Peter smile

I think I'm with D on this one. I'm not sure I'd want that lifestyle either. Sure, I'd love to be rich, but I wouldn't want to be famous. And I'm not interested in attention from any other girl than the one I love! (Sorry to sound sappy, but it's true!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Also, I wouldn't say I truly hate this little twirp, but that doesn't stop us from having fun by pointing it out. My dislike of him has nothing to do with envy, naive teenage girls can worship whatever douche they want, it affects me in no way. But here is a popular and potentially influential figure who clearly shouldn't be, and that's what irks me about him.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote

D, I don't think it's quite as cut and dry as you make it sound. I think money gives us more options and opportunities to seek happiness, but the flip side (that we so often see in the media) is that it also brings more options and opportunities to make wrong decisions.

Money is like the Internet; it's not an inherently good or bad thing, but it is a powerful thing. Given a responsible mind, I don't think being rich would be a bad thing at all.

I'm sure there's a famous quote along the lines of 'better to be rich and miserable than be poor and miserable'.

I wouldn't want fame or celebrity ( ever! ) but it would be nice to have the comfort and security that substantial money can bring, never having to worry about bills, mortgage etc. I would like financial security now ( please send your unwanted millions from your Euro-lottery win to me please D wink ) but shudder to think what I would have done with big amounts of cash in my 20's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote
    I think I'm with D on this one. I'm not sure I'd want that lifestyle either. Sure, I'd love to be rich, but I wouldn't want to be famous. And I'm not interested in attention from any other girl than the one I love! (Sorry to sound sappy, but it's true!)

Awww! love

But... do you have no baser nature at all?

Personally the lizard brain part of me wants me to have sex with every beautiful woman in the world, but the rational part of me realizes the negative consequences behind such actions, and is the reason why I'd never be unfaithful to my gf.

This is how I can see the appeal of being universally worshipped by women, but I also recognize that such a fantasy is irrational and ultimately undesirable, and should have no say in my decision making processes.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    True enough I suppose. I can't ignore millions of years of evolution! But I'm still not really interested in that kind of lifestyle. It can become an addiction to have that easy access to so many sexual partners, and I'm not interested in going down that path! Sex would ultimately become meaningless.

Again, my dislike of Bieber is his attitude, not his legion of fans (although they in themselves can be quite annoying).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    His attitude must also be blamed on all those hand-wringing parasites who indulge his every whim.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The power of Christ compels you

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bf4_1368522756
  5. plindboe wrote
    Steven wrote

Awww! love

But... do you have no baser nature at all?

Personally the lizard brain part of me wants me to have sex with every beautiful woman in the world, but the rational part of me realizes the negative consequences behind such actions, and is the reason why I'd never be unfaithful to my gf.

This is how I can see the appeal of being universally worshipped by women, but I also recognize that such a fantasy is irrational and ultimately undesirable, and should have no say in my decision making processes.

Peter smile

Hmm, I wonder what would define "rational" in this sense. I mean, having sex with every beautiful woman in the world would be rational in the evolutionary sense (spreading your genes to as many "places" as you might), but whether society is rational in its concept (human monogamy is really more social than biological in construct; see how religion promotes monogamy, basically - look at Christianity and Judaism), that's yet another issue - I mean psychology of the mob learns to insanely irrational behavior.

Love is an emotion, so it's not rational at all, that's what I'm getting at.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hmm, I wonder what would define "rational" in this sense. I mean, having sex with every beautiful woman in the world would be rational in the evolutionary sense (spreading your genes to as many "places" as you might), but whether society is rational in its concept (human monogamy is really more social than biological in construct; see how religion promotes monogamy, basically - look at Christianity and Judaism), that's yet another issue - I mean psychology of the mob learns to insanely irrational behavior.

Interesting thoughts. thumbsup

From an evolutionary perspective it would indeed be rational to sleep with as many as possible (though becoming a sperm donor would be an even more fruitful and safer choice), but from MY perspective, it would be irrational to act like this, as it would only sabotage the goals I have set for myself in my life.

Sure, the insistence on human monogamy is social, but biology and social constructs are not conflicting concepts; biology has a huge influence on our behaviours and hence the way we organize societies. We do for instance have instincts and emotions due to our evolutionary past that causes us to behave with aggression towards sexual competitors, and it's not surprising that these strong emotions and instincts have found their way into cultural attitudes, morals and laws in our societies.

PawelStroinski wrote
    Love is an emotion, so it's not rational at all, that's what I'm getting at.

I wouldn't call love irrational, since this too depends on perspective. From an evolutionary view point both familial love and love between sexual partners are perfectly rational, but from the perspective of an individual and his/hers goals in life, love can really mess things up.

Peter smile