• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. A cleverly-done mashup of famous melodies from 33 composers. Mostly classical...but pay attention at 4:10. I thought it might be coming...and I was not disappointed! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2016
    applause
    Very good!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. America the Beautiful
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. A classic of German television. For all you kitten friends.

Music: Henry Arland Orchestra - Wild Cat Blues (Williams/Waller)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2016
    For those of you who are interested USPS issued stamps in the Hollywood Legend series honoring Ingrid Bergman and Paul Newman. PM me if you would like some.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2016
    Is this forum still alive? I've made a couple of free offers and there are no takers.
  4. Sorry, Tom, I never was interested in philately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016
    well it is going but with a low pulse
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    So apparently the Star Trek: The Ultimate Voyage is not worth seeing, as per Jens Dietrich.

I would have liked to have known that before I paid a pretty penny for tickets for me and the girlfriend...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  5. Who is Jens Dietrich and where does he say so?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I wasn't even aware Jens Dietrich was still around. He used to post on FSM and other forums back in the day.

Also, I have no idea what STAR TREK: THE ULTIMATE VOYAGE is. Is it a new TV show?
    I am extremely serious.
    Thor wrote
    I wasn't even aware Jens Dietrich was still around. He used to post on FSM and other forums back in the day.

Also, I have no idea what STAR TREK: THE ULTIMATE VOYAGE is. Is it a new TV show?

http://www.startrek.com/article/the-ultimate-voyage-concert-tour2
    Captain Future wrote
    Who is Jens Dietrich and where does he say so?

Facebook:

"Star Trek: The Ultimate Voyage was much like watching the YouTube channel of a fan who really loves editing tribute montages set to unrelated themes. Would be forgivable if not for the inexplicable abundance of sound effects and dialogue. KEEP THAT SHIT OUT OF MY FILM MUSIC CONCERTS, GODDAMMIT!"
  6. On Facebook. He's been a member of FilmTracks for ages, though hasn't posted for a long time. He's one of the really, really old generation of Scoreboarders. He was there already when I first discovered Filmtracks around 1997.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I remember Jens, didn't he write for some of the film music publications way back?

I was a member of FilmTracks a long time ago, never liked its format and didn't stay long.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I remember Jens, didn't he write for some of the film music publications way back?

I was a member of FilmTracks a long time ago, never liked its format and didn't stay long.

I'm still a member of Filmtracks, but only post when I have a new Celluloid Tunes episode up. The interface is some of the most confusing I've seen (and they actually have one old and new version running simultaneously, both of whom are equally confusing).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    jens is on my facebook
  7. "Ben's Death and TIE Fighter Attack" played by string quartet:

https://youtu.be/80SM9Ah8QuU
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016
    Good transcription, and an interesting take. I find that -without the brass- several parts (especially in the beginning) sounds much more 'Golden Age' in a strings-only adaptation. Not surprisingly the TIE Fighter attack bit lacks significant 'oomph', though certainly not for lack of enthusiasm on the ladies' parts!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Martijn wrote
    Good transcription, and an interesting take. I find that -without the brass- several parts (especially in the beginning) sounds much more 'Golden Age' in a strings-only adaptation. Not surprisingly the TIE Fighter attack bit lacks significant 'oomph', though certainly not for lack of enthusiasm on the ladies' parts!

Yes, I'd noticed also how the strings-only transcription near the start brought out the Golden Age feel to the music.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    would like to hear this if Alan wants to send it to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    would like to hear this if Alan wants to send it to me.

OR you could simply click the link to the YouTube clip in Alan's post. smile

FalkirkBairn wrote
    "Ben's Death and TIE Fighter Attack" played by string quartet:

https://youtu.be/80SM9Ah8QuU
  9. I just saw this on my local Craigslist. I thought you might get a laugh from it:

Be A Boss! My Boss!

compensation: "sky's the limit"
    employment type: full-time

I'm taking applications for a new boss.
    my boss now doesn't pay shit and i'm going to have to get rid of him any day now.
    I'm an O.K. worker. Nothin' special. I'll ride the clock, at least a little bit, no matter what you pay me.
    I'm honest. too honest sometimes. like, i won't be able to sell people your crap that doesn't sell itself. let me start with a list of things I can't do.
    1. lie to people.
    2. steal from customers.
    3. make you look good.
    4. make you money.
    5. do things that you're too lazy to do.
    6. dig ditches.
    7. climb ladders and generally anything that requires me to get more than 6ft off the ground.
    8. lift heavy objects
    9. report to you ( my boss ) or keep you up to date with any of my progress
    10. get dirty. (including but not limited to; dirt, grease, slime, bacteria, germs, food, old people, dealing with old people, talking to old people in person, talking to old people on the phone, poop, used furniture, going inside someone's house, and physically harming people)

I can: fix your computer and possibly your car, guitar, or bicycle,
    2. flirt with your secretary
    3.drive around without running into anything
    4. read a map.
    5. read
    6. run cable
    7. correctly 'wire' a nintendo or vcr
    8. return most phone calls
    9. do pretty good Scarface impression

if you'd be interested in being my new boss and would like to meet and speak further about the position please send an email including your resume with "I'm the Boss" in the subject line. thanks and i'll get back to you, maybe.

I don't know of any car fixes you'd need somebody else to do that you don't get at least a little bit dirty...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  10. Headline linked at the Drudge Report:

New genitalia woe for Hitler -- he had a 'micropenis'...

This is on top of him having one testicle.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  11. Headline linked at the Drudge Report:

Ohio police hunt for bald suspect in series of Rogaine thefts...

Has anybody seen Patrick Stewart lately? confused
  12. Headline linked at the Drudge Report:

Kim Jong Un orders nukes 'ready to go'...

This, of course, coming from Un[dead] regime that Photoshopped their weapons capabilities and was later caught using movie footage to again bolster their abilities.

So, in this case, I'm forced to paraphrase "Red Dwarf"

Kim Jong Undead: "Ready the nukes!"

Kryton: "Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb."
  13. Internet film reviewer the Nostalgia Critic on Fair Use:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVqFAMOtwaI
  14. I had this StarBird toy space ship as a child and loved it madly. It still exists in my mother's attic. Did anybody else have it?

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016
    shocked THE STARBIRD!!!! No way!!! shocked
    I got that toy when I turned ten. I LOVED the absolutely revolutionary electric sounds it emitted. Do you remember? Engine sounds raising when you shifted the cockpit up (suggesting 'take-off/speeding up) and coming down for landing/slowing down when shifting the ship to a head-down position.

Things broke off and got lost over the years, although I DID use the cockpit (sound module) for decades after in (home made) audio action adventures I wrote adn recorded....if only because the laser sound was spectacularly good!

Aaaah, halcyon days, Captain!
  15. Yes, I loved the sounds. Sadly the take off sound stopped working after a while. Not sure if the lasers are still working, I didn't put a battery in the thing for decades. Other then that it's fine. It's even in the original package. I glued the top rear laser gun (non electric) to the escape pod since it fell off all the time. I loved that this ship wasn't tied to some franchise so I could make up totally original stories. I invented a captain named Eike van Helder who was suppose to be of a mixed Dutch/German origin. He was a Buck Rogers type of fellow. Ah, imagination roamed freely back then.
    I read I could fetch up to 100 $ with this. Bur I have no intention to sell it.

Volker