• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    Welcome Eric wave

Good to see Barry Gray in your list of faves cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Eric wrote
    Hi all , my name's Eric and I live in Belgium - Antwerp .
    I've been visiting the forum for a while now and I thought it was about time I jumped on board .
    I've been struck by the soundtrack bug since my teens . My very first album was Star Wars , you
    know the one - black cover with the Star Wars title , double sleeve and it even had a Star Wars poster inside . Aah , nostalgic days ... I've been collecting ever since . Some of my favourite composers are the late Jerry Goldsmith & Basil Poledouris , Barry Gray , James Horner , Randy Edelman , John Williams , Alan Silvestri etc ... I have a really wide interest ... biggrin
    Anyway , I'm looking forward in chatting with you guys ... wink

Eric, altijd goed om hier belgen te zien jong, may you have a happy stay here wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    Hey Eric, welcome aboard!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    Welcome Eric!
    Glad you became a member!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    Hi Eric! I had the same Star Wars album, too. On cassette! Also one of my earliest scores. Welcome to the site!
    J-F
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  2. Eric wrote
    ...My very first album was Star Wars...black cover with the Star Wars title...double sleeve...it even had a Star Wars poster inside...

Welcome, Eric! Similar experience for me also! I also loved the two-sided sheet of track notes.

HeeroJF wrote
    Hi Eric! I had the same Star Wars album, too. On cassette! Also one of my earliest scores.

Lucas had me by the short-and-curlies even then! I also had the cassette that I wore ragged and then I purchased the 2-LP set. Unfortunately, I found out that my copy of the LPs (as well as the poster, liner notes, etc) were ruined by water damage. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    I think it's safe to say Star Wars-related albums are the things we've bought over and over again the most, all of us. That, and Superman. I went from the original cassette, to the Debney re-recording, to the Rhino complete release, and now the FSM box. Ugh.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  3. HeeroJF wrote
    I think it's safe to say Star Wars-related albums are the things we've bought over and over again the most, all of us. That, and Superman. I went from the original cassette, to the Debney re-recording, to the Rhino complete release, and now the FSM box. Ugh.

biggrin

As far as Superman is concerned, the Rhino 2-CD set and the FSM box were my double-dips.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    THX , merci , domo , danke , arigato , bedankt for the warm welcome guys ... smile

Anyone here going to John Williams in Concert on sunday ?
    Looking really forward to it ... the playlist looks great !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    Eric wrote
    THX , merci , domo , danke , arigato , bedankt for the warm welcome guys ... smile

Where is he in concert to?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Eric wrote

Oh, you'll find a more than familiar group from MainTitles here that are visiting Williams this sunday, let us know if you want to hook up with us before the concert wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    THX for the offer but I don't know exactly when I'll be in Gent .
    I'm catching a ride with a friend so it all depends on him .
    But if you see a tall guy wearing a black 'Jaws' t-shirt , that should be me ...
    Give me a BIG Mexican wave so I can find you ... biggrin
    Hope to see you there ...

PS : Anyone going to FACTS this weekend ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    Hi to everyone,

I'm new here, but a 'regular' (sort of) at the John Williams board. I've been meaning to register here for a while but never got round to it; great forum you've got here Bregt!
    Guess I should mention my favourite composers. My taste is quite diverse, but going by my CD rack, I'd probably have to mention at least Williams and David Arnold.

Anyway, count for Belgium: +1.

Cheers!
    fommes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Welcome, fommes! wave beer biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fommes, excellent nickname you got here! Welcome aboard and enjoy yourself!
  5. cool, another one from the mighty Belgium
    glad to have you here Fommes smile
    Hope you enjoy the site
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Hi.

I've been on this forum a while but I haven't been doing much posting since I'm mostly here for the "guess the score" competitions. I really enjoy those. smile

I'm from Norway and compose music in my spare time. Sadly I haven't composed much lately. sad

Well, since I joined this forum I obviously enjoys listening to soundtracks (for both enjoyment and inspiration) and some of my favorite composers are: Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Alan Silvestri, Basil Poledouris, John Debney and many more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Welcome welcome! The more the merrier wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome Ranietz and Fommes smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    I'm a freshman myself but a very welcome to you both ...
    Put up your feet and make yourselfs at home ... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Welcome to Fommes and Ranietz. Good to have you gents. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Welcome, welcome, especially to you, Ranietz...it's not often that I get to see a fellow Norwegian soundtrack fan. I'll shoot you a "private message".
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Thanks for the warm greetings everyone. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Soon, Belgium will own the world! Mwahaha.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Hehe smile

Thanks for the welcomes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    fommes wrote
    Hi to everyone,

I'm new here, but a 'regular' (sort of) at the John Williams board. I've been meaning to register here for a while but never got round to it; great forum you've got here Bregt!
    Guess I should mention my favourite composers. My taste is quite diverse, but going by my CD rack, I'd probably have to mention at least Williams and David Arnold.

Anyway, count for Belgium: +1.

Cheers!
    fommes

Welcome, fommes! Hope you enjoy your stay! wave
  6. Rian wrote
    Soon, Belgium will own the world! Mwahaha.

You like lolcats. Srsly.

Me like you biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    Wow, yeah. A new LolCat lover is always welcome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008 edited
    Make sure you say hi to Erik. Also, include a lolcat.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    Yes, Erik LOVES lolcats biggrin