• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. JMFilmScore wrote
    Hi I've got a lil film music enterprise in Wilmington NC called Jordan Marsh Film Score. Our challenge to ourselves is that we can make any movie hot, even if it's a cornball movie, then the music can be cornball in a hot way. But mostly we like doing good/beautiful/cutting edge pictures of any length. Jazz, house, orchestral, anything. I'm not here to advertise but rather meet people and share ideas, however if you are a film maker and need original music, check out myspace.com/jordanmarshfilmscore (ok that part was advertising) but not really, hope to meet chill heads.

JM

Hi dude, if you want to advertise, there's a thing as to pay money for it tongue

Just kidding dude, welcome on board wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    Glad to have you with us! wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Icemac0 wrote
    I've been on score reviews since it started...

Hi Mac. Welcome back. wave
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    JMFilmScore wrote
    Hi I've got a lil film music enterprise in Wilmington NC called Jordan Marsh Film Score. Our challenge to ourselves is that we can make any movie hot, even if it's a cornball movie, then the music can be cornball in a hot way. But mostly we like doing good/beautiful/cutting edge pictures of any length. Jazz, house, orchestral, anything. I'm not here to advertise but rather meet people and share ideas, however if you are a film maker and need original music, check out myspace.com/jordanmarshfilmscore (ok that part was advertising) but not really, hope to meet chill heads.

JM

Hi, JMFilmScore! wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    Hi JW wave

The world is seriously lacking in Jehovahs Witness fans wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Hi JW wave

First of all he's JM, and second of really really really really really really really really really really really really not. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Hi JW wave

First of all he's JM, and second of really really really really really really really really really really really really not. biggrin

shame

I try my best not to wear my glasses when using the computer.......it's a losing battle I tell ya slant

Oh, and welcome JM wave wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Don't worry, I make a lot more reading mistakes than you might think... I'm always editing things after. I'm sure I have some sort of dyslexia or some kind psychological reading disorder at least!? slant (Or perhaps it's laziness.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Don't worry, I make a lot more reading mistakes than you might think... I'm always editing things after. I'm sure I have some sort of dyslexia or some kind psychological reading disorder at least!? slant (Or perhaps it's laziness.)

biggrin

As you know I have my own personal dyslexia with "your" and "you're" wink and my bricklayers fat fingers are big enough to cause continual mistakes on the keyboard, hence you'll see 'edited' on most of my posts.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008 edited
    Coming back to stay .

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008
    Packed up your bags and moved away from FSM, huh?

Fear not, there is shelter, food and friendly service in abundance here. Although we do ask that lights go out at 11:00PM. Breakfast will be served at 07:00.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Thanks but I need my night lite cause I get scared, you never know who is lurking around.

hehe

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd watch out for that Timmer character, he's a night lurker! shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'd watch out for that Timmer character, he's a night lurker! shocked

devil Yep! I've been on first name terms with Freddy, Vlad and the Lost Boys for many a year.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    You just have to watch out for Moonies Silver Hammer, it likes to go Bang Bang!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    moonie wrote
    You just have to watch out for Moonies Silver Hammer, it likes to go Bang Bang!!

shocked
    Are we seeing the dark side of the Moon?

(Welcome back, mate. smile )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    Mac and I use to predict the football games every weekend. We were both pretty good.

Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoy212
    Hello everybody, my name is Roy and I live in Lakeland, Florida. I've been into film scores for over 50 years now. Actually I lurked mostly at the FSM board for many years but rarely inputted anything. I'm to the point in my film score collecting where all I really want to do is share my good fortune. I rarely ask for anything in return. Some of you (but not many) already know me. I hope I get to meet many more of you as I read the threads and hopefully input some meaningful comments.

I really love scores that have big to huge orchestras. Not counting Golden Age composers, my favorite composers happen to be John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Elmer Bernstein, John Williams, Randy Edelman, James Newton Howard, George Fenton, to mention a few.

I hope my experiences here are totaly pleasant and fruitful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hi Roy, and welcome!
    Good to see another Golden Age man join the fray.
    Hope you enjoy your stay here!

wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Welcome back Moonie!
    And good to hear from you here Roy!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Moonie, glad to see you here with us; i am confident you'll see how different things are here, pretty soon wink Roy, welcome aboard mate!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008 edited
    Welcome abourd Roy wave Your taste in film composers is sublime cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're probably going to hate me for this, but when using 'your' or 'you're', replace it with 'you are'. If it sounds right, use 'you're', if it doesn't, use 'your'. (As you mentioned you still have trouble over those words when not thinking about the sentence too much, the 'you are' method is a helpful one.)
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Not a problem my wife gets a kick out of correcting my grammar.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    You're probably going to hate me for this, but when using 'your' or 'you're', replace it with 'you are'. If it sounds right, use 'you're', if it doesn't, use 'your'. (As you mentioned you still have trouble over those words when not thinking about the sentence too much, the 'you are' method is a helpful one.)

No hate .

Maybe I should just pronounce it the Bristolian way which comes out as 'yore', with big emphasis on the R wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Welcome Roy!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Roy212 wrote
    Hello everybody, my name is Roy and I live in Lakeland, Florida. I've been into film scores for over 50 years now. Actually I lurked mostly at the FSM board for many years but rarely inputted anything. I'm to the point in my film score collecting where all I really want to do is share my good fortune. I rarely ask for anything in return. Some of you (but not many) already know me. I hope I get to meet many more of you as I read the threads and hopefully input some meaningful comments.

I really love scores that have big to huge orchestras. Not counting Golden Age composers, my favorite composers happen to be John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Elmer Bernstein, John Williams, Randy Edelman, James Newton Howard, George Fenton, to mention a few.

I hope my experiences here are totaly pleasant and fruitful.

Hey Roy! wave
  3. Hi Roy! wave

I seem to remember Tom Keifner mentioning a "Roy" some time ago. Could you be the same Roy?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorDon
    Hello everybody,

my name is Daniel, I live near Munich, Germany. I think I am a movie nuts (at least my wife keeps me calling like that) and at the tender age of 10 I had a crucial experience when I watched THE WIND AND THE LION on german TV - and the name of Jerry Goldsmith clung into my head. But it was not until INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM when I had saved enough money to buy myself an LP. From that time on I regularly bought scores but it was not until some 8 or 9 years ago when I finally gave in and started real collecting.

I like all kinds of swashbuckling and adventure scores, John Williams, Patrick Doyle, Jerry Goldsmith, Georges Delerue, Basil Poledouris and Miklos Rozsa are among my favourites.

I hope to meet many fellow soundtrack aficionados here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Don wrote
    Hello everybody,

my name is Daniel, I live near Munich, Germany. I think I am a movie nuts (at least my wife keeps me calling like that) and at the tender age of 10 I had a crucial experience when I watched THE WIND AND THE LION on german TV - and the name of Jerry Goldsmith clung into my head. But it was not until INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM when I had saved enough money to buy myself an LP. From that time on I regularly bought scores but it was not until some 8 or 9 years ago when I finally gave in and started real collecting.

I like all kinds of swashbuckling and adventure scores, John Williams, Patrick Doyle, Jerry Goldsmith, Georges Delerue, Basil Poledouris and Miklos Rozsa are among my favourites.

I hope to meet many fellow soundtrack aficionados here!

And you surely will. Helluva fine taste in composers there!