• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hello all,

Some of you may remember me from another forum.

I am male, 42, married, autistic and have two beautiful autistic children. I shudder to mention it, but I score Micro-Budget shorts and features... and, of course have a life-long love of movie music and movies.

My favourite composers are Bernard Herrmann and Jerry Goldsmith - neither before the other in my books. biggrin

Now I'm off to check Joris' Myspace page cool
    MYSPACE = http://www.myspace.com/aaryknoctivagus (Where you can hear some of my music)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    Another forum you say? Whatever could you be referring to I wonder? wink
  2. Yes... I wonder - lol shocked
    MYSPACE = http://www.myspace.com/aaryknoctivagus (Where you can hear some of my music)
  3. Question... is there anyway to get email notifications from here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    Nope. smile

Btw, welcome back.
    Kazoo
  4. Thanks Bregt biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    Hi Aaryk, I remember you well, good to see you here! smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Aaryk Noctivagus wrote
    Hello all,

I am male, 42, married, autistic and have two beautiful autistic children. I shudder to mention it, but I score Micro-Budget shorts and features... and, of course have a life-long love of movie music and movies.

My favourite composers are Bernard Herrmann and Jerry Goldsmith - neither before the other in my books. biggrin

Greetings Aaryk, nice to have you here smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Hi Timmer and Tommy_Boy... thanks for the welcomes beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    Aaryk Noctivagus wrote
    Hi Timmer and Tommy_Boy... thanks for the welcomes beer

biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorJoris
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    hey Aaryk, is myspace working for yah? cool

If you like Herrmann, some time a go a had 'agitato' on myspace. A Tribute to the wondrous composer skills of maestro Herrmann!

Jojo Showering shocked
  7. 'Agitato', Is that the piece to do with 'The Devil and Daniel Webster'? I really have to get a hold of that soon.

Along with Jerry Goldsmith, Bernard Herrmann is my favourite composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJoris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008
    Oh, Agitato is just an expression you can give to a piece of music. Such as Allegro, Deciso and.. agitato. It explains that there's a lot of neverwrecking goin' on smile

If you want I'll post it on myspace so you can check it out wink

greetz, Jojo Agitato
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008
    Joris wrote
    Hi Telmarine,

so we are the new'ies!!! cheers to us! wink

Well, I have loads of music posted on my website and myspace. Feel free to check them out! And please feel free to comment them. Always interesting to know how other people experience my music.

grzt, Jojo

www.jorishermy.com
    www.myspace.com/jorishermy

Thanks for the links! I'll be sure to check some of your stuff out! smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008 edited
    Aaryk Noctivagus wrote
    Hello all,

Hey, welcome to MainTitles! BtW, thanks for checking out some of my music and giving a couple tips! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008 edited
    Hello from Japan! I've known this forum for a long time, but now I decided to join in.

My name is Pridelander at other forums (StreamingSoundtracks.com, Hans-Zimmer.com, NarniaWeb), but it may look too fangirlish here. biggrin Though I'm still proud of being a 23-year-old The Lion King fan. wink

I'm a fan of animated movies, mainly Disney and other American animation, but I also like Ghibli and some Japanese animation. I'm not an anime geek, though. tongue

The first soundtrack I got was My Neighbor Totoro by Joe Hisaishi, and I always loved "music that are not songs" in movies when I was a kid. But scores of The Lion King and Homeward Bound got me into a film score fan. I don't have so many soundtracks yet, and more than half of them are from animated movies. And I haven't seen so many movies... but I'd like to listen to more scores from a wider range of genres and composers.

So far, my favorite composers are Hans Zimmer and Joe Hisaishi. But I'm also interested in other composers such as Alan Silvestri, John Powell, Michael Giacchino, James Newton Howard and Bruce Broughton, because a lot of their music got my attention while listening to StreamingSoundtracks.com.

I sometimes need dictionaries when reading/writing in English... but I hope I can join your interesting conversations! wave
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    Hellooooo Pridelander, mate! Your fellow "Lion King Generation" friend is here!! wink biggrin

Welcome aboard MainTitles!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hey, welcome mate! beer
    Maybe our first member from Japan?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Welcome aboard mate, glad to have a member from Japan! Looking forward to your contributions, a lot! JApan has some TRULY amazing talents!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Thank you for all your warm welcome!

Christodoulides wrote
    Welcome aboard mate, glad to have a member from Japan! Looking forward to your contributions, a lot! JApan has some TRULY amazing talents!

I grew up with Joe Hisaishi's music so I'm familiar with some of his music (mainly Ghibli scores) very well, but actually I'm not so familiar with other Japanese composers. But recently I'm getting interested in Japanese film music more and more. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorJoris
    let's give some BIG cheers for Joe Hisaishi and his extraordinary talent!!! wave wave

Hi Miya, welcome on board!

grtz, Jojo Japino
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Miya wrote
    Thank you for all your warm welcome!

Christodoulides wrote

I grew up with Joe Hisaishi's music so I'm familiar with some of his music (mainly Ghibli scores) very well, but actually I'm not so familiar with other Japanese composers. But recently I'm getting interested in Japanese film music more and more. smile

LEGEND OF THE KING AND THE FOUR GODS *both CDs* is some of the most impressive film music written in the last decade mate, check it out!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya, try to increase the brightness of your user icon, it's hardly visible! Otherwise it's a great one! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Christodoulides wrote
    LEGEND OF THE KING AND THE FOUR GODS *both CDs* is some of the most impressive film music written in the last decade mate, check it out!

I'll check it out when I get a chance... maybe when it'll be added to local library or rental store or... StreamingSoundracks. (I'm a poor student wink )

DemonStar wrote
    Miya, try to increase the brightness of your user icon, it's hardly visible! Otherwise it's a great one! beer

Yeah I was thinking about that too biggrin I'll try tomorrow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Miya wrote
    Hello from Japan! I've known this forum for a long time, but now I decided to join in.

My name is Pridelander at other forums (StreamingSoundtracks.com, Hans-Zimmer.com, NarniaWeb), but it may look too fangirlish here. biggrin Though I'm still proud of being a 23-year-old The Lion King fan. wink

I'm a fan of animated movies, mainly Disney and other American animation, but I also like Ghibli and some Japanese animation. I'm not an anime geek, though. tongue

The first soundtrack I got was My Neighbor Totoro by Joe Hisaishi, and I always loved "music that are not songs" in movies when I was a kid. But scores of The Lion King and Homeward Bound got me into a film score fan. I don't have so many soundtracks yet, and more than half of them are from animated movies. And I haven't seen so many movies... but I'd like to listen to more scores from a wider range of genres and composers.

So far, my favorite composers are Hans Zimmer and Joe Hisaishi. But I'm also interested in other composers such as Alan Silvestri, John Powell, Michael Giacchino, James Newton Howard and Bruce Broughton, because a lot of their music got my attention while listening to StreamingSoundtracks.com.

I sometimes need dictionaries when reading/writing in English... but I hope I can join your interesting conversations! wave

Hi, Miya! wave Welcome to MainTitles. BtW, I also have a NarniaWeb account. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008 edited
    My new girldfriend . My account picture.

I broke up 1 month and 2 weeks ago with the latin girl. so since then I have this other girl. Who is INCREDIBLE!

(i just wanted to change the old picture with the latin girl)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    Do they know that they're your public profile pics? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    Probably. And that's why they probably break up with him every 2 months or so biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Probably. And that's why they probably break up with him every 2 months or so biggrin

she I told you right now. She is angry. biggrin

she is reading this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote

Ha! lol