• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    steb74 wrote
    Cheers man, well that's the plan anyway.
    Although I may waffle on about John Williams alot beer

Fine by me! punk

And welcome wave biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Also fine by me. There's been a distinct lack of Williams Waffling of late.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Ha, great stuff - I just hope I don't get on everyones nerves when I eventually contribute to the Copy and Paste thread with my Williams defending biggrin
  1. steb74 wrote
    Ha, great stuff - I just hope I don't get on everyones nerves when I eventually contribute to the Copy and Paste thread with my Williams defending biggrin

Nope, you can never do any wrong with defending Williams. We all do it by the way wink
    Happy to have you onboard
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Ha, good to know.
    Thanks man beer
  2. just a quick question Bregt, but weren't there at a specific time 181 members? Or Am I wrong about that? Or are we sacking members? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008 edited
    Those were bots.
    Or people who didn't activate their account in the first 2 weeks, so I removed them.
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Those were bots.
    Or people who didn't activate their account in the first 2 weeks, so I removed them.

Hey, am I an observer or what? So we are sacking people biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    Sack them all! Let's have a night of the long knives. Only people who have won three or more Guess the Score games are allowed to stay!

goat
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    Sack em!

...wait..
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Hi all,

I am new to this board but have been around on several other message boards. I found this place via tommy_boy's site and decided to join this fine group.

My top 3 favorites are John Williams, Alan Silvestri and Elmer Bernstein. Looking forward to some nice discussions wink
  5. BigMacGyver wrote
    Hi all,

I am new to this board but have been around on several other message boards. I found this place via tommy_boy's site and decided to join this fine group.

My top 3 favorites are John Williams, Alan Silvestri and Elmer Bernstein. Looking forward to some nice discussions wink

Hey BigMacGyver, glad to have you here wink
    A visitor of my site is always welcome, considering I had lesser readers than a classroom in second grade sad

By all means, contribute smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008
    Hey Big one, glad to see you here as well! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008
    Welcome from me too wave
  6. Welcome, BigMacGyver. Hope to see you around! wave
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. Hello everyone. wave

I've prowled around this community for quite a while, but only for reading the posts. Now I've finally decided to join this fine community.

My film music knowledge may be somewhat limited, but I hope I can contribute to some of the discussion here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008
    Hi Napas (hmmm, interesting name... Finland?)

Good to have you here.
    And no worries. In fact we spend a lot (and I mean a LOT) of time talking about other things apart from movie music, ranging from sociology and world politics to cats and booze.
    smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I welcomed you in the other topic as well but what the hell, welcome aboard mate! Where are you from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome Napas wave

What are your film music favourites?
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    I welcomed you in the other topic as well but what the hell, welcome aboard mate! Where are you from?

I'm from Bangkok, Thailand. shocked

Timmer wrote
    Welcome Napas wave

Mine? A little bit of this and that, mostly thematic or lyrical ones. Favourite composers include Joe Hisaishi, Howard Shore, James Horner, and others.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm from Bangkok, Thailand. shocked

Timmer wrote
    Welcome Napas wave

Mine? A little bit of this and that, mostly thematic or lyrical ones. Favourite composers include Joe Hisaishi, Howard Shore, James Horner, and others.

Sawadikap Napas smile

You come from an amazingly beautiful country, I hope you stick around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    Cool. I've never encountered a Thai film score fan before. Welcome!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    Cool. I've never encountered a Thai film score fan before. Welcome!

I bought Morricone's Casualties Of War in a Bangkok market ( it was an illegal copy ) which was perfect listening while trekking in the Northern jungles up past Chiang Mai cool
  9. Timmer wrote

I bought Morricone's Casualties Of War in a Bangkok market ( it was an illegal copy ) which was perfect listening while trekking in the Northern jungles up past Chiang Mai cool

Well, I can tell you that it's definitely difficult to find a film score on sell here in Bangkok, bar online shop of course (but then we have additional import cost to worry about instead).

Luckily, I know a music shop here which, once in a while, will import some soundtrack from specialty label (mostly Varese though). This is how I got hold of some CD, such as I Am Legend, Constantine, or The Bourne Supremacy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    Hey everyone

I've been visiting this site quite a time en decided to sign in. I'm from Belgium. Only the last 2 years I've been listening scores intensively, so my knowlegde is still limited smile. My favourite composers at this moment : Harry gregson Williams , James Horner, Antonio Pinto and James Newton Howard. My favourite score, at this moment : sleuth, lord of war, man on fire , 25th hour and the devil's own.

grts
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    Hi Christoph, en welkom/et soit bienvenue!
    wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    Hiya Christoph wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    Christoph, welcome aboard mate!