• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2010
    They are making a clash of the titans 2 ?!?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Yes. The remake was profitable enough for the WB to greenlight a sequel, although it was helped by the shoddy 3D conversion dollars.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  1. I haven´t seen it, but I´ve heard from some guys that the movie is quite okay when you ignore the 3D desaster (and the story, of course). They saw it in 2D and said the effects were great and the action entertaining.

They want to film Part 2 in 3D, so no conversion desaster this time around, but I doubt people will forget what happened the first time around, and as long as studios don´t specifically advertise a movie as being filmed in 3D or converted into 3D, the whole conversion thing may have ruined everything.

We´ll see. I still plan to watch part 1 some day when I´m ready to for another CGI feast.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Dear God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2010 edited
    You know what? Forget it. I couldn´t care less.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    My response for what the fact they're making a sequel, not you smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Okay then. It´s hard to tell sometimes, because your annoyance of mainstream entertainment has been very strong recently, and quite often your comments come across as if you think we´re all idiots for not getting how crappy this all is. Trust us. We know. But sometimes crappy can still be entertaining. That doesn´t mean we´re stupid. It´s just that sometimes we need something more casual than honest-to-god stuff where the sense of life is discussed in 24 languages across 48 layers of existence.

Beside that: Without those cashcows you´re condemning so much, a lot of rather intellectual projects would never be made, because there wouldn´t be any money there to do them. But that opens another can of worms, and least of all I want to discuss the finer aspects of movie financing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You clearly filter what i say the way you want Ralph otherwise you would know that i watch and enjoy mainstream movies all the time. There's good movies that make a hell of cash and there's crap that makes cash. I don't mind either way but generally speaking, i go to the cinema all the time and watch everything. So no worries wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Okay then. It´s hard to tell sometimes, because your annoyance of mainstream entertainment has been very strong recently, and quite often your comments come across as if you think we´re all idiots for not getting how crappy this all is. Trust us. We know. But sometimes crappy can still be entertaining. That doesn´t mean we´re stupid. It´s just that sometimes we need something more casual than honest-to-god stuff where the sense of life is discussed in 24 languages across 48 layers of existence.

Beside that: Without those cashcows you´re condemning so much, a lot of rather intellectual projects would never be made, because there wouldn´t be any money there to do them. But that opens another can of worms, and least of all I want to discuss the finer aspects of movie financing.

Hey Ralph, you do realise that D saw 2012 at the cinema and enjoyed it!? biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    I neither read nor remember everything, hence I can only comment on stuff that sticks to my mind, and since I write about mainstream mostly and get almost exclusively negative comments from you in the last one or two years, regardless of what I write, there you go. Don´t get me wrong, I´m not taking this personal (maybe I should? wink , it´s true that we used to have good talks together in the beginning, and I still don´t know where or why that went away), it´s just that your opinion about stuff I liked has been mainly negative in the recent past, so that´s why I remember it to be that way. The case that comes most strongly to mind is Potter, with you criticising the franchise quite aggressively without ever reading one of the books (at that time, at least), while I loved them very much (the books!). So think of my comment as the way things seem to be from my angle. Believe me, I would like nothing more than that to change, especially since I´ve come to terms with my archnemesis. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Timmer wrote
    Hey Ralph, you do realise that D saw 2012 at the cinema and enjoyed it!? biggrin

Nope, I didn´t. He did? Me too. Amazing. Friends? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I waited for it on DVD, most enjoyable it is too. cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    I like watching Cusack, and the effects are absolutely breathtaking. Well worth the money. I certainly don´t watch stuff like that expecting a groundbreaking story, but a lot of people do. That´s as if they go to McDonald´s again and again and hope to get a filetsteak this time. That´s just not what Emmerich is about, and if you know that and just expect some great imagery, you´ll be satisfied. I pay Emmerich for the images. If I want story, I know whom to pay, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    Timmer wrote
    I waited for it on DVD, most enjoyable it is too. cheesy

2012 was actually on my top 10 list of 2009 (that sentence sounded weird, but you know what I mean).

I can like fluffy, mainstream popcorn flicks as much as I can weird, small art films with equal vigour (although for different reasons).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Exactly; it totally depends on the situation, the company, and the amount of popcorn available.

A good score helps, too. wink
    • CommentAuthoratul
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2010
    I need the eagle eye main titles score.... is there anyone who can mail it to me.. smile thanks in advance...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2010
    atul wrote
    I need the eagle eye main titles score.... is there anyone who can mail it to me.. smile thanks in advance...

Do you mean the written score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011 edited
    [edit]

fast 5 - trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcPRwcy_dCM

Looks overblown.

Battle:los angeles trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb3zC8z94w

Looks awesome
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011
    You mean The Fast and the Furious 5? wink
  3. Fast and The Furious 5 looks incredibly cool, especially because the stunts look real and the car collissions too, not like those computer animated fake collisions that don't feel real

hence the reason why so many movies of the 80's and 90's still have their charm. They aren't as fast, but are definitely furious because everything's more real and less CGI wink

By the way, Battle looks cool too
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2011
    Looks good but they departed it from the good ol racing movie the first 3 movies were. This is an all-in-one overblown action movie, the first half of the trailer reminded me of "expendables" or something.
    • CommentAuthorkklin
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2011
    Marselus wrote
    Ain't he cool?

what is that girls name?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2011
    kklin wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Ain't he cool?

what is that girls name?

Post resurrection!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2011
    kklin wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Ain't he cool?

what is that girls name?

Rosa Klebb. Google her for more great pics.
  4. Southall wrote
    kklin wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Ain't he cool?

what is that girls name?

Rosa Klebb. Google her for more great pics.

I like the girl. By the way, if I didn't know that the one of the picture is Tyler, and someone tell me that the guy in the photo is some model and not a film composer, I would believe it.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Looks good but they departed it from the good ol racing movie the first 3 movies were. This is an all-in-one overblown action movie, the first half of the trailer reminded me of "expendables" or something.

and if it's 50% expendables in style, then I'll love it

Truth be told, the second and third were crap either way

Bring back the first and 4th (from what I've been told) though
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I've seen the 4th, it was good but nothing memorable, as the whole franchise. I don't get crazy over the franchise anyway but the 3rd was packed with girls, boobs, asses and cars. The 4th one was melodramatic at parts and this looks much departed from racing and cars overall. Anyway, looking forward to the score.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    I've seen the 4th, it was good but nothing memorable, as the whole franchise. I don't get crazy over the franchise anyway but the 3rd was packed with girls, boobs, asses and cars. The 4th one was melodramatic at parts and this looks much departed from racing and cars overall. Anyway, looking forward to the score.

don't get me wrong, girls and boobs are a necessity in any film, but if they are the saving grace of a movie, then something is terribly wrong
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Aren't we over-qualifying fast and the furious, the movies, a bit? wink
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Aren't we over-qualifying fast and the furious, the movies, a bit? wink

the first one no, the second and third hell yes smile