• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2010 edited
    THE EXPANDABLES (sound clips)
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … PRE-ORDER/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2010
    Matt C wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Grr, the one downside to John Powell - he writes brilliant music, but is a bit of a recluse when it comes to fans or publicity! wink

He did do an interview for the scoring featurette on the Bourne Supremacy DVD, so he's not that reclusive.

The last interview I've found was Jan 2009. slant
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010
    lp wrote
    timme wrote
    I've already tried to contact them but apparently John Powell doesn't do interviews and both Silvestri an HGW were to busy to do interviews at that time. But on the other side Brian Tyler was also really busy, he's recording Battle: Los Angeles right now and he got time to talk to me. He's a great guy.

I wonder how melodic the Battle score will be. Did he give you a listen?

No he didn't, he was right in the middle of recording this score. But I'm looking forward to hear it. I'm alse curious about his VG scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ain't he cool?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, depends how you look at things wink looks or music. hEh
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010 edited
    He's young (I don't know his age but he does at least look young), good looking, got a good looking girlfriend (assuming that's her on the picture) and a successful Hollywood composer which writes some great (in my opinion) music.

The more I think of it the more certain I get that Brian Tyler somehow stole my life... crazy

Edit: and he's probably rich too...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ranietz wrote
    He's young (I don't know his age but he does at least look young), good looking, got a good looking girlfriend (assuming that's her on the picture) and a successful Hollywood composer which writes some great (in my opinion) music.

The more I think of it the more certain I get that Brian Tyler somehow stole my life... crazy

Edit: and he's probably rich too...

I think he is. I've seen one of his cars, and it's no family car Volvo, to put it that way....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010 edited
    I don't think it takes a brain to work out the man is wealthy when he writes scores for Hollywood films.

A shame his talent doesn't match his looks.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I don't think it takes a brain to work out the man is wealthy when he writes scores for Hollywood films.

Maybe you NEED to look like a nerd to really write great music?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Or a Mafia Don ( Morricone wink )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

People as fortunate as he don't generally have the certain level of inner conflict necessary to produce great art.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Scribe wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

People as fortunate as he don't generally have the certain level of inner conflict necessary to produce great art.

biggrin

That's... strangely insightful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And quite spot-on.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010
    Timmer wrote

Tyler is very talented, but the problem is that he needs to be pick his projects more closely. He's written his fair share of good scores (Partition, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem), but the problem is that he's getting 'typecasted' with action/thriller projects.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010
    The Trailer for Brian Tylers next project, "Skyline", has just premiered. It will be released on Nov. 12, 2010.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/skyline/

Chris
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Dude! He has a lot of "next" projects! shocked
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    i know and yes he does! he is a busy guy!

skyline
    battle: los angeles
    fast five

columbus circle - no release date, as of yet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I hope they are on the level of his 2008 output, his 2009 was a little lackluster...not that there weren't any good moments, but nothing quite as good as Rambo or Eagle Eye...
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    new information has arisen and tyler is no longer attached to this film, "skyline", sorry for the preemptive post!
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    WDWGuy08 wrote
    new information has arisen and tyler is no longer attached to this film, "skyline", sorry for the preemptive post!

Where did you hear that? According to imdb.com (I know it's not always up to date) he's also executive producer for the film.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    the composer himself
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    WDWGuy08 wrote
    the composer himself

I guess he's more trustworthy than imdb.com... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    WDWGuy08 wrote
    The Trailer for Brian Tylers next project, "Skyline", has just premiered. It will be released on Nov. 12, 2010.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/skyline/

LAME!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think it looks VERY cool, a cross between ID4 and WAR OF THE WORLDS. The scene with all the people being "vacuumed" into the spaceship looks incredibly eerie.

Can't wait!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Been there done that... no thanks!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Been there done that... no thanks!

-Erik-

Yeah, but it's fun! I can never get enough of such films, even if the premise is basically the same every time.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Fun would be to see an original premise.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Fun would be to see an original premise.

-Erik-

How would you do it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010 edited
    First of all, I wouldn't make film that's a retread of ID4 and War of the Worlds. Do we really need another lame alien invasion movie where I'm sure the aliens have some stupid weakness like... oh I don't know... allergic to car pollution, seagul poop, water... oh wait, that's been done before so that must be it. Are we sure this movie isn't a spoof film directed by those douche bags who brought us Date Movie, Meet the Spartans and Vampires Suck.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    First of all, I wouldn't make film that's a retread of ID4 and War of the Worlds. Do we really need another lame alien invasion movie where I'm sure the aliens have some stupid weakness like... oh I don't know... allergic to car pollution, seagul poop, water... oh wait, that's been done before so that must be it. Are we sure this movie isn't a spoof film directed by those douche bags who brought us Date Movie, Meet the Spartans and Vampires Suck.

-Erik-

So what would you make? I'm just curious, and I have my notebook and pen ready biggrin

In case you didn't know, this movie is being directed by the Strause Brothers, the same people behind AVP: Requiem.