• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010
    Erik Woods wroteEvery review I've come across has raved about the music.
    Well, you got me excited Erik. I looked up a few reviews. Just to raise everybody's expectations to impossible heights, I'll post some snippets here. smile

IGN.com:
    I said that the brick build was the second strongest aspect in LEGO because the music takes the cake. In every area of every zone, there is a new, usually orchestral, track that completely sets the mood for the area. Even better, each piece of music plays for a good long while before it loops. Whenever you think it can't go anywhere, it surprises you and takes a turn. Even the pirate theme, which could have easily been an annoying little ditty, is melodious and a joy to listen to. The entire soundtrack is a really great blend of fun, atmospheric and catchy, and I can't say a negative thing about it. Even the musical snippets like playing the organ at the Pirate camp, or using the boom box item ooze with quality.

GamingUnion.com
    Though the level design and graphics are extremely well done, the sound in Lego Universe deserves particular merit. The general soundtrack encompasses some extremely enjoyable music that never once began to grate on the ears. It's a pretty impressive feat considering most MMOs only have music that will show up for the start of an area, or for when no other actions are being taken.

Kotaku.com
    The music in the game is very good, and for each world seems suited to the theme of the world. The only problem I have with it is that frankly, it’s far too melodramatic and tense for a game that doesn’t put a tremendous amount of pressure on the player in most sections of the game.

All sounds good to me! Especially the complaint about it being too melodramatic. Melodramatic Tyler works well on album. wink I'm not about to let myself expect the best Tyler in ages, since I don't think these reviewers hold VG soundtrack standards up to the same that we might, but I do hope this could be a fresh work from Tyler with more than 2 fantastic knock-your-socks-off tracks and then fluff. :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    I am finding it absolutely hilarious that Tyler could possibly have written a great score for a Lego game, after all the semi-big film projects he's written mediocre scores for recently. What is the film industry coming to??
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    I am finding it absolutely hilarious that Tyler could possibly have written a great score for a Lego game, after all the semi-big film projects he's written mediocre scores for recently. What is the film industry coming to??

Well, you will find that composers find video game work much more freeing. You don't have to match the actions on screen -- no sync points -- so all you are concentrating on is atmosphere, tone and emotions. Composers are pretty much free to write mini-concert works for each cue in the game.

BTW, have ANY of your PLAYED these Lego games? They are some of the most creative and all around fun games I've ever played!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I've been tempted to pick up at least one of them (I've read that they are pretty much the same across the different franchises) but never done it yet.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Yeah, it isn't the fact that it's a video game that I find funny, I love it when big name film composers get to write for games. It's just the LEGO part. tongue

I played LEGO Star Wars and it wasn't really my thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I really enjoyed Lego Star Wars but Lego Indy is a friggin' hoot!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    I really enjoyed Lego Star Wars but Lego Indy is a friggin' hoot!

-Erik-

I've got and love all of them! The most recent, Lego Harry Potter, is probably the richest since Star Wars in terms of number of characters and interesting activities.

According to Wikipedia, Lego Toy Story is coming - I do hope so. Can't find the news anywhere else though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010 edited
    Southall wrote
    According to Wikipedia, Lego Toy Story is coming - I do hope so. Can't find the news anywhere else though.

Isn't Wikipedia saying it enough? wink

If not then, "Lego Toy Story is coming."
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010 edited
    Apple just got the trailer online for BATTLE: LOS ANGELES. And although it seems like it simply follows the success of down-and-gritty docu-style sci-fi DISTRICT 9 (but probably without the clever satire) the trailer is epic and intense enough to at least spark a little interest. And I'm really interested to hear how Brian has scored this one!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony … osangeles/

Another remarkable bit: the trailer ends with a pretty large notification that the soundtrack will be released on Varese Sarabande... is this a first for such a big film?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    BobdH wrote
    Apple just got the trailer online for BATTLE: LOS ANGELES. And although it seems like it simply follows the success of down-and-gritty docu-style sci-fi DISTRICT 9 (but probably without the clever satire) the trailer is epic and intense enough to at least spark a little interest. And I'm really interested to hear how Brian has scored this one!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony … osangeles/

shocked

This looks really good! And I like the music they have used in the trailer.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    Nice, looking forward to this...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010
    BATTLE: LOS ANGELES....is that a new title for the SKYLINE movie?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    No, actually, they're now starting to remake movies before the original has even come out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Scribe wrote
    No, actually, they're now starting to remake movies before the original has even come out.

Good point. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote

lol Outstanding response!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010 edited
    Looks like ID4 meets District 9 meets War of The Worlds etc.....I can't wait.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    any idea of the music in the international trailer to battle los angeles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKyqbCToHjQ
  2. What an odd time of year for this to come out. The trailer actually looks very impressive to me, which seems at odds with the fact the 99% of what gets released in March is garbage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    WDWGuy08 wrote
    any idea of the music in the international trailer to battle los angeles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKyqbCToHjQ

Jep. It's Sun's Gone Dim, by the Icelandic composer Johann Johannsson.
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    no not the USA version, the international version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    BRIAN TYLER to score THE FAST FIVE

As previously announced by the composer, Brian Tyler has been hired to score the upcoming action sequel Fast Five. The movie marks Brian Tyler’s and director Justin Lin’s third film in the series after The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift and last year’s Fast & Furious. The film’s cast includes Vin Diesel, Paul Walker Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris Ludacris Bridges and Dwayne Johnson.

(from filmmusicreporter)

Here's the official place for the movie:
    http://fastfivemovie.com/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yay
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    i thought his fast and the furious efforts really enjoyable actually. Especially the third. Don't be unfair.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's more aimed towards the entire franchise. But you have the same reaction to other films that you don't find interesting, D.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yes but now we are talking about energetic powerful scores smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Meh!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2010
    Well, Jonathan Liebesman's Clash of the Titans 2 (or more precisely, Wrath of the Titans) is skedded for a March 30, 2012 release. Since Tyler's worked with Liebesman on Darkness Falls and The Killing Floor, does that mean he'll score this film?

I'd rather much have Tyler score it than Djawadi. Djawadi's score for the remake and the first Iron Man film was... lacking.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    Matt C wrote
    Well, Jonathan Liebesman's Clash of the Titans 2 (or more precisely, Wrath of the Titans) is skedded for a March 30, 2012 release. Since Tyler's worked with Liebesman on Darkness Falls and The Killing Floor, does that mean he'll score this film?

I'd rather much have Tyler score it than Djawadi. Djawadi's score for the remake and the first Iron Man film was... lacking.

you left off battle los angeles which jonathan liebesman is also doing!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Oh yeah, forgot that too. spin
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog