• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    silly
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Bregje wrote
    Wasn't it a little bit funny?

It was HYSTERICALLY funny, BECAUSE it was so unexpected!!

Christodoulides wrote
    IT WAS HOT!

Oh no.
    Now you've aroused the Greek.
    smile

The reality is harsher, rarely do any carpet munchers look like Angelina Jolie and Scarlet Johansson.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wait 'till you see VICKY, CHRISTINA, BARCELONA with the infamous scenes between SCARLET JOHANSSON and........PENELOPE CRUZ, the later in a very updated, hot edition!!! i was happy as a kid in the cinema the other day and so where all the other males in there! :drool:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    The reality is harsher, rarely do any carpet munchers look like Angelina Jolie and Scarlet Johansson.

YES. THEY. DO. slant

Don't say things like that man...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008 edited
    Carpet muncher ?

Edit: link fixed
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeah, he's gonna gittit one day with that talk.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

YES. THEY. DO. slant

Don't say things like that man...

Only in "movies"

Dream on lad!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But... but... aw. sad
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I can see why a non-interesting man like Erik* wouldn't like the MOST GORGEOUS INVENTION EVER MADE BY MAN (i.e. the planes) but really what's the point of missing film music-related posts and threads? And most importantly why open a thread to state it out? I am trying to understand the psychology behind it.

If you can come up with a good explanation, I'll happily grade it for you.

You might want to go back 730 or so posts in the Zimmer thread to see exactly where it was I decided I never needed to look at it again. wink

No, no i don't have a problem with it. I am just trying to understand it and i really want to. Could you please indicate to me the exact point, even via p.m if you want?

You mistake the absurdity at the heart of this thread for logical reasoning, and I can assure you, it only looks like it. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Wait 'till you see VICKY, CHRISTINA, BARCELONA with the infamous scenes between SCARLET JOHANSSON and........PENELOPE CRUZ, the later in a very updated, hot edition!!! i was happy as a kid in the cinema the other day and so where all the other males in there! :drool:

You see - it's this sort of thing that demanded the existence of THIS thread. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh shit!

It premiered here at the filmfestival two weeks ago, but we were too late with buying tickets. Now we know why that is. I'd have preferred to see Scarlet switch with Salma though, but at tis point, your description sounds extremely interesting euhm ... story-wise. biggrin
    Kazoo
  3. It's all about story with Woody, really. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wait till you watch it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, I'll be one of the few to actually answer your question, franz, since I think it's an interesting one. Kinda charts what we find interesting etc.

These are the threads I've been "forced" to avoid and that are still dark grey. They are either not interesting enough for me to hook onto or I don't have the stamina to go through it all. I've limited my search for "grey" topics to 10 pages back. Number indicates unread replies :

"As Above, So Below - the religion thread (formerly: People of California, beware)" - 40 (which isn't entirely true....most of this thread is unread to me...I just clicked it once).

"The Dark Knight" - 90

"Computer Equipment Help" - 18

"Flight Simulator 2004 / FSX (pc)" - 9

"Browser War" - 5

"Computer experts - graphics card help needed!" - 27

"LOST (Spoilers!)" - 548 (I love the show, but Norway always lags behind the rest of the world, so I don't want to accidentally catch any spoilers)

"Quantum of Solace" - 134 (I've never been interested in James Bond)

"Talking Airplanes!" - 244

"What games have you played recently?" - 21

"Recent Viewing" - 893 (I followed this up untill early summer, but then I went away and when I returned there was too much to catch up)

"Now Playing XVI" - 2640 (that's right, I've never followed any of these....I'm already in one over at FSM, and I simply don't have the time to catch up)

"The LP vs CD vs MP3 topic - heaven for all the audio loonies" - 49

I know there are several other topics if you go back more than 10 pages, but that will have to suffice for now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Like Bregje, I just click the "mark all as read" button once in a while when the backlog starts to grow.
    There's topics I read fully, topics I skim, and topics I visit very rarely. So really I have no answer that would even come close to any sensible tally.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why don't you start anew, at least in the threads that interest you? as for

Thor wrote

"LOST (Spoilers!)" - 548 (I love the show, but Norway always lags behind the rest of the world, so I don't want to accidentally catch any spoilers)

Is your internet lagging too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    My current top3:

1. Now Playing XVI (1187 unread posts)
    2. Now Playing ( NON film / game / tv scores ) - Part III (1115 unread posts)
    3. Recent Purchases - Part I (924 unread posts)

So what am I missing in these threads? Any fascinating discussions?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008 edited
    then what thread are you logging into MT for?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    My current top3:

Peter smile

The "Now Playing (NON film / game / tv score)" is definitely worth following. I like all kinds of music, and this seems to be the place...the ONLY place to discuss it around here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    No particular thread. I just skim the board every day and click on threads if I see any that look interesting.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    The "Now Playing (NON film / game / tv score)" is definitely worth following. I like all kinds of music, and this seems to be the place...the ONLY place to discuss it around here.

I'll check it out. Though I really only listen to film scores, so perhaps it's not for me.

Peter smile
  4. What about classical?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2008
    I don't listen to classical either. It's a conscious decision I have made not to collect classical. There will simply be too much stuff to get. And since film scores are fullfilling all my musical needs, I don't see the reason to seek out other fields.

Peter smile
  5. I actually come here for the 'Now Playing' threads mostly. That's where the most interesting little spotfires of debate crop up. It can get a bit boring in weeks when a major score is released - about the only thing worth watching is slow morphing of Jordi's opinion into its complete opposite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    I don't listen to classical either. It's a conscious decision I have made not to collect classical. There will simply be too much stuff to get. And since film scores are fullfilling all my musical needs, I don't see the reason to seek out other fields.

Peter smile

i know of a thread that you surely read 24/24 with absolutely 'zero' undread messages: MORRICONE wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Christodoulides wrote
    i know of a thread that you surely read 24/24 with absolutely 'zero' undread messages: MORRICONE wink

Hehe, indeed. That's the only thread I click on whenever I notice new posts. I live for that thread.

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    plindboe wrote
    My current top3:

Peter smile

And as we say elsewhere Thor....

Cheers! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I actually come here for the 'Now Playing' threads mostly. That's where the most interesting little spotfires of debate crop up. It can get a bit boring in weeks when a major score is released - about the only thing worth watching is slow morphing of Jordi's opinion into its complete opposite.

As regular as day follows night wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2008 edited
    Perhaps we can create a topic for each major release, like now QoS. Lets do that for the next big one as a test, and center all post there.

But then, which is the next major one?
    Kazoo