• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    It might change your opinion then. I also highly recommend RED DRAGON and of course his very good score for HULK, ages ahead the generic borefest by Craig Armstrong for the 2nd Hulk film.

Looking at what Ralph doesn't like about Elfman I can't really see him enjoying those two scores you mention D. ( though i'm willing to be proved wrong )

I don´t recall the HULK score, but I like the movie. Must rewatch it again soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Sorry, you wanted a cool Batman theme, and ZIMMER did it much much much better?

I'll cook up a two-note Spiderman theme for you this afternoon that should leave Elfman's for dead! wink

Elfman's Spiderman material is mindblowing. Some of the best stuff he has ever written, and not just the main theme.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    As for RED DRAGON it's a hideous score, in the film it's even worse, I know a film score is bad when it actually gets in the way of a film I'm viewing.

R.r.r..rrreally? shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    As for RED DRAGON it's a hideous score, in the film it's even worse, I know a film score is bad when it actually gets in the way of a film I'm viewing.

R.r.r..rrreally? shocked

Yes....REALLY!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I'll cook up a two-note Spiderman theme for you this afternoon that should leave Elfman's for dead! wink

Elfman's Spiderman material is mindblowing. Some of the best stuff he has ever written, and not just the main theme.

Mind blowing!??? rolleyes

Wrong composer IMO....wrong! wrong! wrong!

I know you don't care about the Spidey films so I'll cut you some slack D, you enjoy them on CD so fair 'nuff! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't care about the films either my friend, but the spiderman material by Elfman is way beyond the standard super-hero crap we get lately and of course way superior than the soup of the score the third movie carries. But who do you think should have done the Spidey films?
  2. James Newton Howard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interesting. King Kong, for one, was very, very good.
  3. I think Joe Satriani and the Crystal Method should have teamed up for the Spiderman films. With lyrics by Robert Wilson.

biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think Joe Satriani and the Crystal Method should have teamed up for the Spiderman films. With lyrics by Robert Wilson.

biggrin

biggrin wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't care about the films either my friend, but the spiderman material by Elfman is way beyond the standard super-hero crap we get lately and of course way superior than the soup of the score the third movie carries. But who do you think should have done the Spidey films?

John Powell cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

John Powell cool

Absolutely!!

But personally I like the Elfman scores too.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

John Powell cool

That's what I'd have said too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I'm looking forward to:

Confessions of a Shopaholic (JNH)
    Duplicity (JNH)
    Monsters vs Aliens (Henry Jackman)
    Dragonball (Brian Tyler)
    Angels & Demons (HanZ)
    Star Trek (Michael G.)
    Up (Michael G.)
    Wolverine (HGW)
    Transformers 2 (Steve Jablonsky)
    Ice Age 3 (Johnny P.)
    Terminator: Salvation (Daniel Robert Elfman)
    Land of the Lost (Michael G.)
    G.I. Joe (Al Silvestri)
    Christmas Carol (Al Silvestri)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Tip: Anytime you need to use 'your' or 'you're', say 'you are' in its place. If it makes sense, use 'you're', if it doesn't, 'your'. Simple. cool

Indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Mind blowing!??? rolleyes

Wrong composer IMO....wrong! wrong! wrong!

I know you don't care about the Spidey films so I'll cut you some slack D, you enjoy them on CD so fair 'nuff! beer

They don't blow my mind... but I do think Elfman's two Spidey scores are excellent. Probably my favourite scores for any superhero films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    If they would get Britney Spears to score Star Trek, you would shiver as well.

Actually that would be about the only thing that might make me watch it, given who the director is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If only Stephen Sommers was directing it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    If only Stephen Sommers was directing it.

Well, it would certainly be an improvement over the guy who is.
  4. Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think Joe Satriani and the Crystal Method should have teamed up for the Spiderman films. With lyrics by Robert Wilson.

biggrin

biggrin wink

I was wrong actually. I think Jarvis Cocker - who wrote a great love theme for HARRY POTTER'S GOBLET OF FIRE - should do both the music and lyrics of the next SPIDERMAN film.
  5. How about Tiesto and James Hetfield?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    How about Tiesto and James Hetfield?

What about them?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. I am going on with the Spiderman scoring joke...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. That famed Norwegian instinct for irony again fails to show its head. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009 edited
    Except that I love both Tiesto and Hetfield (at least Metallica), so it wouldn't actually be that farfetched, at least as song composers! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Yes, but when WE say it... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Yes, but when WE say it... cool

True, that...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Yes, but when WE say it... cool

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    No one's looking forward to Navarrete's score to Inkheart? It sounds very promising.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    No, as that came out weeks ago... spin