• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    want some good stuff Steven?
    try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGva3yU8 … p;index=10

WHOOOAAAHHHH!!! shocked

Now THAT was great, very VERY clever editing.

Bravo applause applause applause

And thanks to that I thought I'd play....

NP : ROBOCOP - Basil Poledouris

but NOT on youtube wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    NP:Puppet Master-Richard Band

• CommentAuthorkokodezil
    NP:Camille Claudel-Gabriel Yared biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

( confused )
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    NP:The lost seamen-Gabriel Yared
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    anything wrong,Steven? confused
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    NP:Les longs manteaux-Jean Francois Leon
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    what's up guys and girls????? punk
  1. Bregt, at your earliest convenience please change this topic's title to 'kokodezil's chat room & youtube discussion'

NP: nothing in particular, will check youtube to see what's on...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Koko, do own many scores on CD or download?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    i don't own any score on Cd,naymore Timmer.I just rely on this site,i won't name,for our listeners'sake! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    u won' t find this on You Tube,Thomas!If u want to listen to Camille Claudel,go to Yared 's site,www.gabrielyared.com! biggrin
    same for the lost seamen!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Now DDoS-ing: youtube
    With my global botnet.

My patience wears thin.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    Love,Martijn! kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric

biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. NP: Taras Bulba - Franz Waxman

Great score. Can't wait for the Tadlow re-recording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009 edited
    NP: V for Vendetta ~ Dario Marianelli
    Remember... remember...
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    After a long break from scores I listened to the following last night-

Alexandre Azaria - Les Dalton
    This one goes all over the place. Some parts are like Barry on Bond mode. Others are like Morricone.

The Cinematic Orchestra - Les Ailes Pourpres
    (The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos)
    Finally managed to get my cd! It makes for a pleasant listen. Some parts in the middle are quiet but overall it's nice, uplifting music.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BhelPuri wrote

Alexandre Azaria - Les Dalton
    This one goes all over the place. Some parts are like Barry on Bond mode. Others are like Morricone.

Now this I want. As bad as Azaria's music can *sometimes* be, I do love his over the top brassy, Matrix-esque sound.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    NP: Batman: The Animated Series (Walker/Ritmanis/McCuiston)

Well, it is mickey-mousing (it's an orchestral score for an animated series), but there's complete cohesiveness and a structure underlying all of it (particularly the Two-Face theme and the carnivale-esque wackiness of the Joker theme). I love the suite of Walker's various themes for the characters in addition to that sweet final interview track. It's like Walker and her other composers composed a movie-structured score for each episode, particularly "Christmas with the Joker" and "Two-Face, Parts 1 and 2."

Come on, LaLaLand, release that 2-CD edition of Superman: The Animated Series already!
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Trevor Rabin

Way too short! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone

Stunning!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    Anthony wrote

Now this I want. As bad as Azaria's music can *sometimes* be, I do love his over the top brassy, Matrix-esque sound.

Do you like (or have you heard) his score for Fanfan La Tulipe? That's a slightly better one than Les Dalton.
    Let me know if you want any samples.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    NP: Until September (John Barry)

I'm swooning already. The album essentially puts Barry's beautiful theme through endless variations, but with some unique orchestral color (such as the harmonica and Barry's Bond brass clusters) I don't mind it one bit. A wonderful little score that doesn't overstay its welcome.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  3. "Closing Titles" from Rabin's The Great Raid (from the Varese 30th set).

A good close to a good first disc. This is my first listen. Looking forward to hearing the rest!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Matt C wrote

I'm swooning already. The album essentially puts Barry's beautiful theme through endless variations, but with some unique orchestral color (such as the harmonica and Barry's Bond brass clusters) I don't mind it one bit. A wonderful little score that doesn't overstay its welcome.

No, but I do have his completely absurd Transporter scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Matt C wrote

John Barry wrote completely absurd Transporter scores?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009 edited
    Independence Day - 2CD bootleg (David Arnold)

Until this is released officially I will always cherish my bootleg copy... So much great music is missing from the regular album, so for me this is Arnold's most enjoyable and bombastic offering from a period filled with brilliant film music. Is it already 13 years ago? Hard to believe, but still enjoying the hell out of it.
    punk punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Matt C wrote

John Barry wrote completely absurd Transporter scores?

lol

At least then he would have jobs... slant
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: Zaïna, Cavalière D'Atlas - Cyril Morin

Moroccan film about a north African girl and -I guess- horses.
    Obviously loads of north African instrumental influences (mainly the oud), but packed very nicely into quite the Romantic score. Alternating north African influences with rich orchestral tracks and moody synthesised cues, Morin weaves a very evocative and enjoyable tapestry of music.
    Lovely, slightly wistful, very melodic indeed, this is a nice little surprise from one of France's finest talents.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn