• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Does FNAC ship outside Spain? I thought the registration process required something like a Spanish social security number?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009 edited
    Not a bit: it's originally a French outlet, I think.

EDIT: yup: Fédération nationale d'achats des cadres
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009
    We have FNAC in Greece too and oh my God haven't I spent money there? The book section especialy. shame
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think FNAC is all over Southern Europe, to be honest. I've seen it everywhere from Paris downwards!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Mine were relatively cheap. Around 10 Eur each. Also Home which was actually very new, but costed 9,99, of which 1 euro goes to charity.
    Kazoo
  2. Martijn wrote
    I think FNAC is all over Southern Europe, to be honest. I've seen it everywhere from Paris downwards!

Indeed, I've been to Barcelona and there's one too
    and cheaper than the one we have here angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Shackleton is a fine score cool

Indeed; with a very funny title biggrin

Why funny D? confused

Shackleton's story is one of the great stories of survival against the odds. The made for TV film is excellent too, well worth spending 3+ hours to watch.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    I know i know; but i am being childish here and giggle at the first part of the word's sound. I said "i know" "i know" shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And I understand smile

I laugh at things I find silly or funny, words and names I find to be stupid, sometimes leaving people baffled. shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Three DVDs,

ALIEN 3 - SPECIAL EDITION- Horror, but not as scary as Alien and score is good.

THE TRUMAN SHOW - Brilliant movie and excellent score

SLEEPY HOLLOW - Excellent cinematography and groundbreaking score
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sunil wrote
    Three DVDs,

I agree completely with you on The Truman Show. Genius in all respects.
    Alien 3 had a good score.

But why do you feel Sleepy Hollow is groundbreaking?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    omaha wrote

I think score played very important role in Sleepy Hollow. Score added scary moments in the movie. Without Danny Elfman's score, movie would have been incomplete. I am really pleased with Elfman's score for Sleepy Hollow. The way he orchestrated and conducted the music was really groundbreaking. If you have the score, you would certainly feel the same way. And also i should appreciate Actor Johnny Depp, who did a good job in acting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    omaha wrote

I think score played very important role in Sleepy Hollow. Score added scary moments in the movie. Without Danny Elfman's score, movie would have been incomplete. I am really pleased with Elfman's score for Sleepy Hollow. The way he orchestrated and conducted the music was really groundbreaking. If you have the score, you would certainly feel the same way. And also i should appreciate Actor Johnny Depp, who did a good job in acting.

I agree that it's a great score, although I wouldn't call it "groundbreaking". It's pretty much in Elfman's trademark dark style, although bigger and more powerful than earlier due to the massive forces of the orchestra and choir. And perhaps the closest he has been to a pure horror sound.

FYI, it was not conducted by Elfman (he rarely does), but by Allan Wilson.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Thanks for your information! smile
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (remastered FSM release) - Horner
    Ponyo on a Cliff - Hisaishi
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  3. Sunil wrote
    Three DVDs,

Agree with you on the first two.

Sleepy Hollow- the movie is decent but I absolutely loathe the music. Never been an Elfmaniac. Sleepy Hollow made me realise why... I just don't get the chaos that is ever so present in his music.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    STAR TREK II : THE WRATH OF KHAN - Horner

Holy shit! dizzy dizzy dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    biggrin

beer
  4. beer

Will get it in due time smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. Matt C wrote
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (remastered FSM release) - Horner

Obviously, I've snapped up this CD. But I also went for the obscure Jerry Goldsmith title (Cain's Hundred has been buried a bit by all that talk about the Horner release - understandable!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. I just bought....what else? ST II.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    DreamTheater wrote

Sleepy Hollow- the movie is decent but I absolutely loathe the music. Never been an Elfmaniac. Sleepy Hollow made me realise why... I just don't get the chaos that is ever so present in his music.

You don't have to be Elfmaniac to appreciate this score. As a deep lover of filmscore, you can definitely appreciate this score. I say this is one of the best works by Danny Elfman.

Have a nice day! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    Ry Cooder - Crossroads
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009 edited
    Joep wrote
    Ry Cooder - Crossroads

It doesn't contain the guitar dual slant

A friend did a copy for me of the 'Dual', both guitar parts are played by Steve Vai ( except for a little bit at the begining played by Cooder ). Steve Vai plays Jack Butler who Macchio duals against in the final.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Joep wrote
    Ry Cooder - Crossroads

It doesn't contain the guitar dual slant

My main disappointment in the album. sad

A friend did a copy for me of the 'Dual'

confused
    How?

RP: some goodies finally came in!
    Dracula A.D. 1972 - Mike Vickers
    You Must Remember This Too - Gregg Nestor, guitar
    Lesbian Vampire Killers - Debbie Wiseman - great, robust and full-blooded score. Huge fun factor!
    The Split - Quincy Jones
    The 4 Musketeers - Matt Dunkley - One of Mikael's finest releases!

fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a CDR which I can't find at the moment but I see my friend regularly so I'll ask him next time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Copied it directy off the film's soundtrack, maybe?
    I seem to remember there being very little (if indeed any) dialogue (though it has been...erm...twenty-odd years since I saw the film)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009 edited
    Received the new Torchwood and Moon in the mail today. And let me tell you, the digipack casing of Moon is oh so neatly done. Bravo!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Copied it directy off the film's soundtrack, maybe?
    I seem to remember there being very little (if indeed any) dialogue (though it has been...erm...twenty-odd years since I saw the film)

It's a very good recording, until I see him I'll not know the source.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Michel Cusson - Monica La Mitraille
    Armand Amar - Home