• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    My respect for the Finding Nemo score grew even more when I watched the movie and heard how perfectly it fit! Especially the Main Title music with the piano, so emotional!!

I want to see Wall-E too and have another great experience! biggrin

That's true, the score works perfectly in the film, but I wished perhaps it would have been a little more fleshed out in the end

Yeah! But despite that (and the lack of a strong main theme throughout) I like it a lot. smile
  1. DemonStar wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    My respect for the Finding Nemo score grew even more when I watched the movie and heard how perfectly it fit! Especially the Main Title music with the piano, so emotional!!

That's true, the score works perfectly in the film, but I wished perhaps it would have been a little more fleshed out in the end

Yeah! But despite that (and the lack of a strong main theme throughout) I like it a lot. smile

it does fit the movie perfectly, that's why I find it harder to appreciate it out of its context
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote

hehe, you bet ya about the weekend tongue
    The Incredibles is also superb, but there's something about this movie that just has you hooked tongue . Trust me, it it simply brilliant wink

Haha, I knew it, okay then, simple because it's Pixar I feel obliged to see it.

And nice name change dude, how in the hell did you come up with that???? wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

hehe, you bet ya about the weekend tongue
    The Incredibles is also superb, but there's something about this movie that just has you hooked tongue . Trust me, it it simply brilliant wink

Haha, I knew it, okay then, simple because it's Pixar I feel obliged to see it.

And nice name change dude, how in the hell did you come up with that???? wave

Ps, you always said some would really interest you, and this one will dude tongue
    And the name change has been done by someone who has the means to do that punk
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote

No, I wanted to know how you came up with something so original??? hehehe. I'm jealous. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

No, I wanted to know how you came up with something so original??? hehehe. I'm jealous. tongue

pffff, what would you come up with?
    Gilles Glorieux haha biggrin pathetic in originality wink
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote

pffff, what would you come up with?
    Gilles Glorieux haha biggrin pathetic in originality wink

TOUCHÉ !!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote

Trust me, you will. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tonight was Batman Begins.

In preparation for tomorrow. cool biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Tonight was Batman Begins.

In preparation for tomorrow. cool biggrin

Hey, I want a detailed essay about the score IN the film tongue
    Just kidding, but since the film won´t be released until August 13th in Spain I´d like to know if the cd release is representative of the music in the picture. I assume it is, there are 70 minutes of score, but I´m sure there are 2 hours of music in the film, so...
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    So, Anthony, you've seen the film confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    So, Anthony, you've seen the film confused

Re-read D, he'seeing it on Thursday night!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    THE DARK KNIGHT

I've got to go to work in 5 minutes, so more later...

...but Heath Ledger was PHENOMENAL.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN : AT WORLD'S END

Not so boring like many said imo and the last half-an-hour was breathtaking in all aspects, i, for one, enjoyed it way more than the 2nd movie. About the score, what can i say? Every single note in the movie is phenomenal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008 edited
    Macarthur

Not a very good film. It so obviously wants to be like Patton but the problem it has is that, brilliant military man he may have been, Macarthur just isn't as interesting as Patton - and the other problem is that by trying to make a two-hour film which chronicles the Pacific theatre of WW2, the post-war rebuilding of Japan, a brief political flirtation, AND the Korean war - well, it doesn't do anything in enough detail to keep the attention. And the final problem is that whereas George C Scott made me think I was actually watching General Patton, in this film you always feel you're watching Gregory Peck, not Douglas Macarthur - wonderful screen actor he was, but he doesn't get into this character (which is probably the script's fault - there just isn't enough for him to get into). Nice score though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote

Not so boring like many said imo and the last half-an-hour was breathtaking in all aspects, i, for one, enjoyed it way more than the 2nd movie. About the score, what can i say? Every single note in the movie is phenomenal.

Absolutely! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote

I agree! biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote

It's boring and unfocused. A real mess.

but how you said the last 45 minutes are BRILLIANT and Breathaking. an absolute hollywood, and sometimes old fashioned, Spectacle.

At last! finally you judge the score how it deserves! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008
    Flightplan

Ugh, what a horrible movie. Completely ridiculous, requires suspension-of-disbelief that goes way beyond what a normal viewer will tolerate, and parts of it make very little sense. Nice music though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Flightplan

Ugh, what a horrible movie. Completely ridiculous, requires suspension-of-disbelief that goes way beyond what a normal viewer will tolerate, and parts of it make very little sense. Nice music though!

The movie is ridiculous of course, completely agree; the score has some good points in it but overall i think it got down the road along with my very negative view of the movie in all.

Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Can't understand how do you justify those adjectives for this movie; i never felt bored or anything by the spectacle, not for a single moment and i found the portraying of Jack Sparrow's paranoia when he was dead (and in general in the movie) quite clever, entertaining and spot-on. Even when the movie dragged for a couple of minutes or so, still there was plenty to notice and enjoy with the ever-going fabulous music in it, how could you get bored by the movie and call it a "real mess"?
  7. Southall wrote
    Flightplan

I remember having to spend half an hour explaining to my father why this film should not have entertained him. It didn't work.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Can't understand how do you justify those adjectives for this movie; i never felt bored or anything by the spectacle, not for a single moment and i found the portraying of Jack Sparrow's paranoia when he was dead (and in general in the movie) quite clever, entertaining and spot-on. Even when the movie dragged for a couple of minutes or so, still there was plenty to notice and enjoy with the ever-going fabulous music in it, how could you get bored by the movie and call it a "real mess"?

Yeah I agree. After Pirates 2 all you wanted to see was Jack Sparrow, Keira Knightley, and huge-ass ships blowing each other to bits. Satisfying!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Agree. The final battle was very entertaining to say the least!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I like all three movies. Not a very good plot but very nice entertainment, especially visually! lick biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008 edited
    I saw Penelope a few days ago. It is... an OK film, nothing special, and definitely not as funny as my mom made it up to be. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    TheTelmarine wrote
    I saw Penelope a few days ago. It is... an OK film, nothing special, and definitely not as funny as my mom cracked it up to be. smile

Well there's her first mistake, crack only makes people funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    I saw Penelope a few days ago. It is... an OK film, nothing special, and definitely not as funny as my mom cracked it up to be. smile

Well there's her first mistake, crack only makes people funny.

And you are implying... ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    <sigh>

It's a joke William. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    TheTelmarine wrote
    I saw Penelope a few days ago. It is... an OK film, nothing special, and definitely not as funny as my mom made it up to be. smile

One of the key lessons to learn in life is that your mother knows absolutely nothing about what films you might like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008
    Steven wrote
    <sigh>

It's a joke William. wink

I figured it might be, but you never know... biggrin wink