• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Yeah, well, years ago they did Giacchino, Armstrong, Reboutsika, ... You can't always get it right.

...as they previously demonstrated with Armstrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    rolleyes

What's wrong with Armstrong now.

All this complaining about the awards itself, but like every other award, it can never represent what it should represent. Luckily WSA does feature an interesting concert each time.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Armstrong's rubbish!

Anyway, that's besides the point. Desplat isn't rubbish and that's the point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote
    Armstrong's rubbish!

Come on. Not all Silvestri harsh comments should be used on other composers you don't like so much. wink

Southall wrote
    Anyway, that's besides the point. Desplat isn't rubbish and that's the point.

You lost me there for a moment.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    Southall wrote
    Armstrong's rubbish!

Come on. Not all Silvestri harsh comments should be used on other composers you don't like so much. wink

I like Silvestri far more than Armstrong! I did like Plunkett and Maclean, I think. But since then I haven't found much to tickle my fancy.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    The composers Alexandre Desplat and Marvin Hamlisch will be the guests of honour at the 9th World Soundtrack Awards, the key event of the 36th Ghent Film Festival on Saturday 17 October in Music Centre De Bijloke in Ghent. The Brussels Philharmonic will be playing music from The Girl with the Pearl Earring, The Queen, The Painted Veil and Lust Caution among others. The American composer Marvin Hamlisch, who created unforgettable music for films such as The Way We Were and The Sting, will receive the World Soundtrack Lifetime Achievement Award.

Holy! punk

On Saturday 17 October, the Brussels Philharmonic, under the direction of Alexandre Desplat himself, will perform the music from The Girl with the Pearl Earring, The Queen, The Painted Veil and Lust Caution.

Young film music talent is also represented with the composer Marc Streitenfeld who carried off the World Soundtrack Discovery Award last year with his soundtrack for American Gangster by Ridley Scott.

More here:
    http://www.worldsoundtrackacademy.com/n … mp;lang=en

Wow! this would be great to see and hear Desplat in concert. Bregt, can you ask the officials at the Festival to change their date to late august? wink The organization always seems to come up with interesting concerts and composers. Hats off to them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Are you in Belgium late August? We have to meet!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    No I won't be Bregt. I was thinking ahead for future years. I can't travel in october for a long period. The school year is just beginning at that time. I need to work to be able to travel! smile So if you can convince them... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Haha, I'll give them a hint. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009
    I really enjoyed his score from Julie and Julia.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Will it be released?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yes. By Amazon - and only on CDR. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009 edited
    Sigh. On CDR. How that was ever considered a unique selling point...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    Tintin wrote
    I can't travel in october for a long period. The school year is just beginning at that time. I need to work to be able to travel! smile

Damn, so true! To all film music festival people: What's friggin wrong with summer where everybody's on vacation??
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    Alexandre Desplat adapted music by colleague-composers like Bernard Herrmann, Jerry Goldsmith, Georges Delerue and Gabriel Yared. The composer and Traffic Quintet pay a musical tribute to these mythical women called Divine Féminin. A marvellous film soundtrack night with ‘Women’ as theme, on Wednesday 14 October in Handelsbeurs Ghent.

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … 9/#Item_13
    Kazoo