• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012
    I'm never moving those CD's again.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2012
    Still looking for things that I can't find. Got two book cases done so I did make a little dent in the CD's. Will need four and possibly five more.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012
    Today something was wrong with my iPod Classic. Every time I played Circle of Life, it skips after 2:00. crazy

I wanted to punch a bunny.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012
    Just read the latest forecast and we are headed to below zero fahrenheit tomorrow night. Well, at least there is no snow in the contest.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012
    Can anyone explain to me why a 1/2 gallon of milk costs more than a gallon? It takes me a week to use up a 1/2 gallon so the amount is correct for me along with the fact the weight is easier for me to handle.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I dunno, but I could tell you how to get 4 gallons using only a 5 gallon container and a 3 gallon container. Very useful for disarming bombs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Milk can disarm bombs???
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012 edited
    Steven wrote
    I dunno, but I could tell you how to get 4 gallons using only a 5 gallon container and a 3 gallon container. Very useful for disarming bombs.

Only if Simon says so.

Tom wrote:
    Milk can disarm bombs???

No, but with milk powder you can make bombs. I saw that on Discovery. explode
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012
    The longer I stay on this planet the more I realize how little I know.
    Tom
  1. Hallowe'en night.

I've never been a fan of this night for a long time. I remember going to a neighbour's house when we were very young and dooking for apples in a big metal tub and trying to take bites our of soda bread dripping with treacle that were suspended from string. All without using our hands.

But, more often than not my memories are of lazy and rude kids begging at the door for sweets. Now we tend not to answer the door when people call - it's never any kids we know. And the last couple of years no-one has knocked on the door.

A couple of times we have had eggs thrown at the windows and tonight was one of those nights. At 10.45 in the evening! If I had the chance I'd have them eat the eggs they still had left.

So, first job of the day tomorrow morning is cleaning up.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2012
    Maybe kids are different elsewhere but I agree with you Alan, too many kids have so little respect that I'm not going to encourage the little shits to have even less by going door to door begging and threatening terrorism. ( I've turned into a grumpy old fucker devil )

I saw Batman walking down the road earliar, his costume was ill fitting he couldn't walk straight and eventually he tumbled over a bin at the end of the street and spouted language that I'd never heard Batman use before. Made my night. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    In St. Anthony Village last night it was rather quiet for Halloween. I just wish that the construction workers didn't have to start at 6AM!
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    In St. Anthony Village last night it was rather quiet for Halloween. I just wish that the construction workers didn't have to start at 6AM!
    Tom

Is it very hot there Tom? I remember staying in a tiny village in southern France where construction workers started as soon as there was daylight so they could finish before the frazzling heat of the mid-day sun.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Actually the opposite Tim. The temperature is in the 30 to 50 degree range Fahrenheit
    Tom.
  2. Not annoying, more scary.

I have an app (with appropriate security in place) on my phone where I can monitor my bank account, see how much is in our day-to-day account (not much!) and how much is in the account I use for depositing the payments from work that I do. It's been helping me keep tabs on when I need to log on the PC to transfer money from one to another. It's great that I don't need to go to the bank to do this.

But tonight I managed to transfer funds from one account to the other using my phone. It was so easy to do that it was quite scary. Goodness knows what it will be like when we have those phones where you use them to pay shopping bills by just swiping them over the till.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012
    Slight annoyance, already dealt with.
    Do not respond to any PM from new user 'mery' (mery10sankara@yahoo.com).
    It's a wellknown scam account.
    User account has been banned.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012 edited
    Yeah, I got two of those messages, but obviously didn't respond. Wow, never experienced personal spams on a messageboard like this before. Weird.

Was it because I asked for automatic new pages when you click on links? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thanks Martijn!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Banned like fuck. I often ban people who spam with new topics of sell this buy that in the main page but I am so lucky that I happen to be online the time they post. So I do not know if anyone ever saw those, they occur once every couple of months usually but if Bregt sees the deleted topics history and banned members history I am sure he will know more.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012 edited
    Last week I broke my wrist, after which the good doctor at the hospital put it in cast and asked me to come back for a routine check-up and to replace the first-week-cast with a tighter one for the next 3 months (I know...). Today, after removing the temporary cast and while enjoying the roentgen pictures made last week, the doctor started talking about making a scan of the wrist to see if he needed to surgically place a screw in. A screw! He might want to screw my wrist! The scan is tomorrow and I'm really hoping it'll turn out fine, or I'm screwed. Apparently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012
    BobdH wrote
    He might want to screw my wrist! The scan is tomorrow and I'm really hoping it'll turn out fine, or I'm screwed. Apparently.

Good you are dealing with it with a bit of humour...

Seriously now, hope it goes well tomorrow and you don't need a damned screw smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Last week I broke my wrist, after which the good doctor at the hospital put it in cast and asked me to come back for a routine check-up and to replace the first-week-cast with a tighter one for the next 3 months (I know...). Today, after removing the temporary cast and while enjoying the roentgen pictures made last week, the doctor started talking about making a scan of the wrist to see if he needed to surgically place a screw in. A screw! He might want to screw my wrist! The scan is tomorrow and I'm really hoping it'll turn out fine, or I'm screwed. Apparently.

biggrin

Good luck Bob. How did you break your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Marselus wrote
    Good you are dealing with it with a bit of humour...

Thanks! And apparently that's my defense mechanism, also in the hospital the past week dealing with this; making (lame) jokes to nurses. When she put the cast on today and asked if it was getting hard yet, I really had to bite my tongue.

Timmer wrote
    Good luck Bob. How did you break your wrist?

Thanks. I'd love to give you a great story here, about sports or some spectacular activity, but the truth is I just fell off my bike while going home. Just when I was going pretty fast, my saddle decided to snap off without a warning. Next thing I knew I was on the street rolling over my wrist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BobdH wrote
    Thanks. I'd love to give you a great story here, about sports or some spectacular activity, but the truth is I just fell off my bike while going home. Just when I was going pretty fast, my saddle decided to snap off without a warning. Next thing I knew I was on the street rolling over my wrist.

Something similar happened to me to once. I was hitting the pedal hard after a stop at a roundabout, and then the whole metal pedal just snapped off. I managed to stay on the bike, awkwardly stopping the bike in the middle of the roundabout. Thankfully, no car was in my proximity; otherwise it could have gone really wrong.

Anyways, hope you'll mend quickly. Thankfully, a sprained wrist heals pretty quickly.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Don't you just hate it, when your bike turns against you?

Thor wrote
    Thankfully, a sprained wrist heals pretty quickly.

Yeah, hope so, but this one is broken at exactly the wrong place it seems... Well, we'll see.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012
    It's usually something very ordinary like falling off something ( thankfully I suppose wink ).

Every now and again you meet someone who had a lucky escape with a story that makes your eyes shocked

I used to work with an African asylum seeker ( can't remember which country he came from ) who had three bullet wounds, one of which was in his face.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The board tonight has been a little wacky. I've had to close it twice and then reopen it.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ow? What was the problem?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Exactly what happened to me this morning. I posted and while it accepted my post it came back right away with another saying problems were encountered. Last night it also changed Tom's post to an unsticky and wouldn't let me open the link Martijn had in his post on the original composer of Nosferatu.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012 edited
    Good news! Ish. They won't surgically place the screw right away, but want to give the wrist a chance of healing by itself first. There's a big chance it will recover completely, although I should also keep in kind there is still a fair chance it won't recover at all (which sounds to me like: "basically, we don't know anything about it, so good luck with that!"). The odds are on my side, with 80% of recovery, but its not untill after these 3 months that they'll decide if my wrist needs surgery for the placement of a screw. A relieve, albeit not a definitive answer.