• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If William is willing I'd go for that.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I would love to see ALBUM ART (front and back), PRODUCERS, MIXERS, LABELS, CONDUCTOR, SOLO PERFORMERS, ORCHESTRAS, DISC TIME, YEAR, AWARDS, etc... as much info as possible please.

Oh yes... absolutely YES to track titles and times.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'd welcome the opportunity to be able to use audio clips to site specific statements made in the review itself. I think it would enhance the article/review.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    I'd welcome the opportunity to be able to use audio clips to site specific statements made in the review itself. I think it would enhance the article/review.
    Thomas

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    I haven't heard this many yesses since I spent the night with Girls Aloud.

Is ginger, ginger everywhere!? spin wink

assuming of course that you're telling the truth? I see no reason that you aren't, Girls Aloud look like they are right up for the craick.....and please James, could you send them straight around to my gaff next time they pop by, even if it is sloppy secounds biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yes.
    • CommentAuthortimme
    Yes, if it was just to keep Bregt busy! spin
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    sdtom wrotePerhaps then one or more of the yes votes would be willing to put all of the appropriate track title information up with the reviewed material.

Was that your only reason to vote no at first? We're talking about something that might take me a few hours at most....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    So, what's the tally now?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. YES: 12
    NO: 4

beer

I'd be willing to do the hard work of adding track listings, gives me more reason to listen to great music while doing so.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh. Great.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Democracy is rarely a good idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Joep wrote
    sdtom wrotePerhaps then one or more of the yes votes would be willing to put all of the appropriate track title information up with the reviewed material.

Was that your only reason to vote no at first? We're talking about something that might take me a few hours at most....

I do include the tracklisting on my site film music: a neglected art because people requested it. I think the ability to include a small number of select audio clips to help explain in the review would be extremely important, more so than the tracklisting. If someone else wants to put it up I'm comfortable with that.
    Thomas
  2. I don't mind so much if reviews have track titles - but once I get the album, I'm glad the album does when I listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Hurray!

NO: 13
    YES: 4

biggrin

I love messing things up!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ..always good fun.

RED

BLUE
  3. Rian wrote
    Hurray!

NO: 13
    YES: 4

biggrin

I love messing things up!

Damn you! After the time I took counting it. angry

At least Bregt will be happy.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Thanks for the answer guys, I think Bregt knows what to do now smile

... to ban me wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I want him to look into being able to selectively use small audio clips. Far more important IMHO than track listings.
    thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ok then. I'll add this when I have time. This will delay other things, like a better quote function, RSS, search functionality of reviews, and sections for links, composers, etc.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    Ok then. I'll add this when I have time. This will delay other things, like a better quote function, RSS, search functionality of reviews, and sections for links, composers, etc.

Well, then put it down the list. That's my suggestion. The great thing about being in charge is that you can do what people really want rather than what they think they want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I want him to look into being able to selectively use small audio clips. Far more important IMHO than track listings.
    thomas

I won't start with that. Leaves me work to figure out where to host the website (because it's not free in Belgium to offer even 30 second clips, and since the server is in Belgium, I have no choice at the moment) and frankly, I don't think that does offer much, compared to sites like Amazon, StreamingSoundtracks, GrooveShark, ... or the label's website to hear clips from all the tracks. Sure, it would be a good and attractive point, but it's rather complicated and I'm sure others do better already.

What we can do is add a link, or include YouTube movies/clips with a theme of the score for example. The latter is what I'm going to do with a revamped MainTitle of the Week section on the home page later this week. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote

Well, then put it down the list. That's my suggestion. The great thing about being in charge is that you can do what people really want rather than what they think they want.

Clearly this is important according to the above discussion, and I just want it to be done, so that it wouldn't bother me anymore (since it now does).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    I'm sorry that it isn't so simple Bregt. What I was thinking about was totally away from what Amazon does. If I wanted to explain as an example why I enjoyed what Michael Linn had to do with the brass and proceeded to extract a small portion from the middle of a cue, this is what I'm talking about.
    Thomas
  5. Bregt wrote

oh, you are making me the boogeyman here smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Not really. It was wrong of me to think that the things I mentioned were more useful than tracklistings. It's not you are boogeyman, just priorities.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I vote YES too. Track titles, with track times in parantheses.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And track titles are easily accessible elsewhere.
  6. Bregt wrote
    Not really. It was wrong of me to think that the things I mentioned were more useful than tracklistings. It's not you are boogeyman, just priorities.

I know buddy, and I think you know better which ones are crucial for the site and which aren't, just try to do the best you can without ignoring the meaning of life wink