• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Un Prophete - Alexandre Desplat

Wow. Incredibly dark score. And wow. Sound effects. Confined to the start and end of tracks, but rather annoying (to say the least).

Do you like the score James?

It's a bit of a challenge. Quite modernistic. Very impressive in parts (the parts Michael mentioned above in particular).

If you had to choose 4-5 tracks from this one as stand out cues then which would you choose? Michael's 2 and some others?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Un Prophete - Alexandre Desplat

Wow. Incredibly dark score. And wow. Sound effects. Confined to the start and end of tracks, but rather annoying (to say the least).

Do you like the score James?

It's a bit of a challenge. Quite modernistic. Very impressive in parts (the parts Michael mentioned above in particular).

If you had to choose 4-5 tracks from this one as stand out cues then which would you choose? Michael's 2 and some others?

I'll give it another listen later on and let you know. Are you thinking of just downloading a few tracks?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cheri - Alexandre Desplat

Lovely score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Final Fantasy VII Advent Children - Uematsu Nobuo

I loved the film and loved the music in the film , so it didn't take me long to pick up the soundtrack which is
    a double CD release by the way . Lots of beautiful themes with piano and choir intermixed with some more rougher stuff like the electric guitar , synths & bass for the action sequences . This is one I play regularly these days . I heard there's a longer version out of the film now . It's about 20 - 25 mins. longer in this new edition . I'll have to pick it up one of these days . Great stuff !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Yes. FF VII Advent Children has some really great music in places. Bit of a mixed bag. But I like it.
    The movie has some stunning images. But the story is a little hard to follow unless you're into the games.
  2. Southall wrote
    Are you thinking of just downloading a few tracks?

Yes, I am.

There seems to be a series of songs and orchestral cues with effects as well as excerpts from the movie(?) I'd rather just avoid them an get a few choice tracks (as long as the number suggested ends up costing me the same amount as just buying the entire album!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JAWS - John Williams

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STARSHIP TROOPERS - Basil Poledouris

Twice in one week....and why not!? punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cheri - Alexandre Desplat

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.
  3. I agree.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I desagree.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited
    I don't know. I haven't heard it.
  4. Nautilus wrote
    I desagree.

You're also Jordi.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Agree / Disagree...two opinions = one score with Jordi.
  5. On the final track of "Rent-A-Cop", the recent newly expanded Intrada CD.

I love the Rent-A-Cop theme, but aside from a couple okay tracks, I find the CD as a whole underwhelming. Shortening or lengthening it would make no difference -- it's the qaulity of the score composition wise that lacks. Certainly not one of Jerry's better scores.

There's TWO very nifty secret bonus cues as tracks 21 and 22.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:M:I 2

It was bad, it is bad and It will remain bad.

"Hijack" contains some great sound design, though.
  6. Eric wrote
    NP : Final Fantasy VII Advent Children - Uematsu Nobuo

I loved the film and loved the music in the film , so it didn't take me long to pick up the soundtrack which is
    a double CD release by the way . Lots of beautiful themes with piano and choir intermixed with some more rougher stuff like the electric guitar , synths & bass for the action sequences . This is one I play regularly these days . I heard there's a longer version out of the film now . It's about 20 - 25 mins. longer in this new edition . I'll have to pick it up one of these days . Great stuff !

Hey Eric, you played the game I assume, if not I envy how you got to understand anything about the mumbo jumbo that goes on in this film. I've only played halfway through FF7 and I still had a hard time following the plot. The music has some nice pieces, but also some strange pieces as well, it's really a VERY varied selection of cues, don't you agree? Orchestral, choral, piano and guitar rock all tucked into one soundtrack. dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    The Sicilian Clan - Ennio Morricone

I don't know how many years I've had this CD (ten?) - and I don't think I've ever listened to it before! shame

Why... why... why..? What a theme! Even Steven might like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote

I don't know how many years I've had this CD (ten?) - and I don't think I've ever listened to it before! shame

Wow! This is absolutely incredible.
  7. Southall wrote
    Southall wrote

Boing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Hey Eric, you played the game I assume, if not I envy how you got to understand anything about the mumbo jumbo that goes on in this film. I've only played halfway through FF7 and I still had a hard time following the plot. The music has some nice pieces, but also some strange pieces as well, it's really a VERY varied selection of cues, don't you agree? Orchestral, choral, piano and guitar rock all tucked into one soundtrack. dizzy

Yep , I played the game and I've actually got it from under a layer of dust recently and I'm playing it again ... smile
    Still a great and a fun game though the graphics are now old school so to speak . biggrin
    Having played the game(s) is a definite plus before watching the movie .
    I really love the varied selection of music used in the film . I suppose it's not for everyone's tastes but I like it .
    And I really love those CGI animated films . The details that go into making such films is amazing !
    I loved "FF The Spirits Within" and I recently watched "Resident Evil : Degeneration" which was utterly cool !
    I hope they make more of these films in the near future - ME LIKE A LOT ! lol
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion - Ennio Morricone

Another one I can't remember listening to for a long time. It's very repetitive, but another wonderful theme. (And another "boing"!)
  8. NP: Virus -- Joel McNeely

Some rousing moments for sure, but altogether fairly standard
    but if you consider what is coming out now of action music, it's bloody brilliant shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  9. Southall wrote

Another one I can't remember listening to for a long time. It's very repetitive, but another wonderful theme. (And another "boing"!)

Agreed! Would like to see the film it goes with some time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote

Agreed! Would like to see the film it goes with some time.

Would like to see the film too. Not an easy one to track down, though!

Quiemada - Ennio Morricone

Another film I'd like to see, even though it has a poor reputation, just to see what the hell kind of film could inspire incredible music like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Antineutrino wrote
    Southall wrote
    Southall wrote

Boing.

That 'boing' is so annoying. Ruins the music for me.
  10. Eric wrote
    I loved "FF The Spirits Within" and I recently watched "Resident Evil : Degeneration" which was utterly cool !
    I hope they make more of these films in the near future - ME LIKE A LOT ! lol

FF: TSW is something you either love or hate. I think the quality of animation is still brilliant and because of the superb visuals it is a must-see on high definition. And the characters are very well done, they feel almost human. I like the storyline too.

Resident Evil is underwhelming though. The characters left me cold, though it was great to see those beloved characters from the games in full glory. I would only recommend it to die-hard RE fans, such as myself.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Antineutrino wrote
    Southall wrote
    Southall wrote

Boing.

Eirbus.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Southall wrote
    Southall wrote

Boing.

That 'boing' is so annoying. Ruins the music for me.

....said Even Steven biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009 edited
    NP:Star Trek First Contact.

I'm addicted to "the dish". i find it boring for a lot of years, but from one year from now I really like the sound, specially this kind of blaster beam and the metallic percusion. I find it very close to the original star trek score.

the rest of the shorts action tracks by Jerry are really, really great. too bad the rest if by his son (I know he has a lot of fans here).

How this days I'm a little bit sensible, the "first contact" cue really touches me!