• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. BobdH wrote
    Bregt wrote
    He won evry game on scorereviews.
    You don't know Michael yet Bob. shocked

Well, unlike some others, he hasn't sent me any awnsers yet. So, he might be having trouble with this set of mine... cool (btw, you mean his name isn't Franz? confused )

There is a long story as to how I came to be named Franz. It involves an evil Czech secret society, a manipulative bureaucracy, a journey up the Congo, and an encounter with a cockroach.

BREGT - I have been meaning to do a clip-game for a while. Had trouble coming up with a theme though. And also I don't have an mp3 editor. (what's a good, cheap program for editing snippets out of mp3 files?)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    There is a long story as to how I came to be named Franz. It involves an evil Czech secret society, a manipulative bureaucracy, a journey up the Congo, and an encounter with a cockroach.

biggrin

BREGT - I have been meaning to do a clip-game for a while. Had trouble coming up with a theme though. And also I don't have an mp3 editor. (what's a good, cheap program for editing snippets out of mp3 files?)

Audacity is a good one. But I think Alan knows moreof this, he does this frequently.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007
    Personally, I use GoldWave, which does the trick just fine smile
  2. Bregt wrote
    Michael is so cruel, he sends in his answer as the last guy, so that the then current leader is shot down by his fabulous results. Cruel man, something that is rarely seen on message boards.

This is merely an unintentional by-product of leaving things to the last minute. wink
    (And a good strategy for racing - don't give people a bar to beat until they can't.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2007
    Bregt wrote

Audacity is a good one. But I think Alan knows moreof this, he does this frequently.

With my last game I used Audacity too but if I remember correctly I couldn't fade in or fade out. I also used Cool Edit 2000 / Pro (?) in the past and it had a lot of possibilities to make good clips. It takes some time to make clips but I enjoyed it very much. It's fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cool edit is well, cool and very easy to use.

If you want more serious stuff there's always ADOBE AUDITION 2 and SONY's excellent SOUND FORGE (9).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2007 edited
    And there's a new contestant in the lead, it's... *drum roll*.... franz_conrad, aka Michael!

franz_conrad: 33 points
    Tommy_Boy: 18 points
    Bregt: 14 points

But, with a total of 60 points to be won, anything can still happen wink

So people, have your best shot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    biggrin

Oh, and in addition to spending some time playing the game tonight, Bregt, I've put together a list of clips for a future game. Looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    franz_conrad wrote
    Bregt wrote
    biggrin

Oh, and in addition to spending some time playing the game tonight, Bregt, I've put together a list of clips for a future game. Looking forward to it.

Not so fast wink It seems Steven is a worthy competitor! The newest score-updates:

franz_conrad: 33 points
    Steven: 33 points

Bregt: 14 points
    Bregje: 3 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    As long as I beat Bregt, that's all that matters. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Good Lord... I think I maybe recognize one track. Some three more sound oddly familiar...
    This is not going to be my finest hour. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Good Lord... I think I maybe recognize one track. Some three more sound oddly familiar...

Me neither! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. They all sound pretty familiar to me, ah well, as long as I stay before Bregt I don't care biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. BobdH wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Bregt wrote
    biggrin

Not so fast wink It seems Steven is a worthy competitor!

This is why you should always play at the last minute. You just don't know what you're trying to beat. wink
  6. Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Me neither! slant

I didn't recognise many either. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2007
    Mmm... did I really make this one too hard? And I thought all the scores were pretty familair and commercial... confused
  7. There is one that's absolutely driving me nuts. Because I know it's one of those scores I've chosen to ignore over the years because I'm above it (or some stupid thinking like that). But the theme is so recognisable.

Will be very interested to learn what cue 2 is as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    franz_conrad wrote
    There is one that's absolutely driving me nuts. Because I know it's one of those scores I've chosen to ignore over the years because I'm above it (or some stupid thinking like that). But the theme is so recognisable.

And what cue would that be, the one you're 'above'? (this could be fun wink). tongue
  8. Actually, I just figured it out. It was obvious. Look for a PM.
  9. BobdH wrote
    Mmm... did I really make this one too hard? And I thought all the scores were pretty familair and commercial... confused

I've only had a quick listen to the clips. I'll try and get some suggestions to you in the next 3-4 days.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Actually, I just figured it out. It was obvious. Look for a PM.

There's a clip I can't figure out, but I know I know it! slant
  10. Mine was clip 18.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2007 edited
    Franz / Michael was indeed right about his guess, which gives a new update to the scores:

franz_conrad: 38 points
    Steven: 33 points
    Bregt: 16 points
    Bregje: 5 points

Sorry, Steven wink But keep thinking about that clip, and who knows, you can still beat him! wave

UPDATE: Bregt has remembered track 1: 2 extra points for him! Also extra points for Bregje, who guessed some more right. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I haven't had the chance to listen to them all yet but i did listen to the first 6 and the only one i KNOW i have but can't possibly remember what is it at the moment is track.01. But i'll go through all of them asap!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote
    I haven't had the chance to listen to them all yet but i did listen to the first 6 and the only one i KNOW i have but can't possibly remember what is it at the moment is track.01. But i'll go through all of them asap!

Me too. Track 1...
    Aaaaaaaaargh.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote

I'd love to see your guesses... who knows, you might top franz! Show them it isn't that hard!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'm sure I do not know track 1 but I really really like it. cheesy

There are many clips that sound familiar indeed, but they are always the hardest, so it seems?!
    I will give it another try as well.

Oh, some feedback: 20 clips is a lot... a bit discouraging to me, I have to say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregje wrote
    Oh, some feedback: 20 clips is a lot... a bit discouraging to me, I have to say.

But it does give you more opportunities to guess one right, doesn't it? I thought this way I could use more styles, more different kinds of taste, so that everybody would recognise something smile But the next can keep in mind that it also discourages a bit then smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Haha! Bob replied 'Oei' spin

5 points, that's Oei indeed... as I PM-ed to Bob as well, it's like I can only name 10 different composers and 25 different scores and that's it, like I don't know anything else anymore... weird.

Are most clips from recent scores or not?