• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010
    Amazing stuff. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010 edited
    hEHE, That's very clever indeed. In violent contrast to the website it was based on (chatroulette).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Violent contrast. biggrin

But really? I think chatroulette is a brilliant idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is it really? It's for people who have nothing better to do with their lives i think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You could say the same about TVs. But clearly TVs aren't a bad idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, lots of tv is for lazy people too but there's a difference. The other end doesn't see you, you choose your content and the other end isn't an irrelevant dude with nothing better to do with their time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My point is it depends on how it's used. I'm not disputing that chatroulette doesn't get used by people with nothing better to do, but the idea of chatroulette itself is quite good I think (much like a TV). It's interesting at the very least, as is evident in that video.

Blame the people who use it, not the idea itself. Or, analogously, don't blame a car when it runs over your cat; blame the driver!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, in any case it depends on how one sees things. For me, for instance, the idea of tuning into a totally stranger dude or pervert on webcam has absolutely nothing to offer. But if i judge from its popularity, of course it's not the rule for everyone smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, in any case it depends on how one sees things. For me, for instance, the idea of tuning into a totally stranger dude or pervert on webcam has absolutely nothing to offer. But if i judge from its popularity, of course it's not the rule for everyone smile

Same goes for 100% of the reality shows. Can´t wait to see the day those crappy shows die (along with all of its contestants).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Completely. Disgusting stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think they should make a Big Brother with heroine addicts. Give them a limited supply each of heroine on the first day. Then see what happens when it all runs out.

Now that would be an interesting show! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Zombie-like fest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    I think they should make a Big Brother with heroine addicts. Give them a limited supply each of heroine on the first day. Then see what happens when it all runs out.

Not that I hadn´t thought of a more realistic approach like yours. I´d choose two groups of football hooligans though, with a limited supply of weapons (and ammo) hidden in the house. Your heroine addicts version is cool too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Same goes for 100% of the reality shows. Can´t wait to see the day those crappy shows die (along with all of its contestants).

I mostly agree with you but some reality shows are actually funny and entertaining, only a minority mind.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Like?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I doubt you've heard of them.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I just remember something Charlie Brooker said when he was reviewing one of the past series of Big Brother. Something along the lines of:

"You know, a lot of people say there's nothing to be learned from Big Brother's 'grand social experiment' anymore but that isn't true. This year, for the first time in my life, it taught me to genuinely hate a blind man."

Love that guy. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I really hope he'll do another series of screenwipe. Newswipe is just as good, he should do both so that as one series ends the next begins, there can't be enough of Brooker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Charlie Brooker, that name rings a bell, he wrote for PC Zone many years ago, when I still had a subscription. That was a cool and very witty written magazine. I still have some copies lying around.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    Epic win ftw. Some of that stuff is pretty cool!

http://epicwinftw.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    The subliminal Pac-Man is cool!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What a cool site!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It rather is.
    ...even though it's keeping me from important project assignments right now...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, celebrating the bright side of people as well!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010
    An interesting enterprise: virtual choir. I think the result is amazing.
    IT's worth reading and hearing:

http://ericwhitacre.wordpress.com/2010/ … we-did-it/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010
    More clever music! shocked
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsU3B0W3TMs

(Japanese subtitles looks like automatic translation... weird)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010
    keky wrote
    An interesting enterprise: virtual choir. I think the result is amazing.
    IT's worth reading and hearing:

http://ericwhitacre.wordpress.com/2010/ … we-did-it/

Thank you so much, that was wonderful! dizzy

I love this topic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    Kudos for the spot-on, excellently executed reaction!

http://www.viddler.com/explore/failblog … 529/1.668/

I want to buy this man a round of beers! beer
  1. Very unselfish of him and the guy clearly has done a car slide before.

Make that two rounds. beer beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.