• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    Curious tidbit for you Belgians:

I was at the wine monopoly today, and found that they sell my favourite beer Leffe in tiny 0.33 litre bottles for.......43 NOK each (almost $8)!!!

So you count yourselves lucky, you bastards! wink

we do Thor, we do beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    A glass of red dry wine (no sugar added and all) a day is not bad at all, as many cardiologists suggest. But only one glass per day max and only red dry wine.

If I remember correctly the worse thing you can do is binge drinking where you have a large excess of alcohol in a short space of time. And it doesn't need to be regularly for it to be damaging.

Alcohol count so far: a bottle of Brahma consumed, wine and bubbly (it is Anne's birthday today) in the fridge for later. No spirits planned.

Happy birthday to Anne beer

I'd have a bottle of Brahma too except I haven't got any slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Anne says thanks! The last person before you Tim to wish Anne a Happy Birthday was Victoria Coren!

Anne mentioned on Twitter that she had received Victoria's new book as a birthday gift and she posted best wishes.

BTW, I like and respect Victoria Coren very much indeed.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    How cool!

I only know her from her writings in The Gaurdian and The Observer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor, what do you mean you need it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor, what do you mean you need it?

I need those weekends to have a meaningful life and something to look forward to during the week. Whether they're fullblown parties or just Friday beers with the guys. Maybe if I someday get a girlfriend or maybe even kids, this will change. But for now I'm gonna enjoy my still relatively young years with the occasional "binge". Regardless of what the experts say, and how bad it is for your body.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    All that is understandable and very respectable. But do you also really need to get shitload of alcohol in your system, throw up and feel shit for the rest of the next day (or two) in order to have fun and enjoy yourself and friends?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    All that is understandable and very respectable. But do you also really need to get shitload of alcohol in your system, throw up and feel shit for the rest of the next day (or two) in order to have fun and enjoy yourself and friends?

Yes.

But seriously, there are of course many other ways to have fun too. But a party is a party, and I accept no compromise in those situations.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    YES YOU DO BY CROM!!! punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interesting. When i go out, i just have 1 or 2 glasses of red dry wine and that's it. I don't think i am not having any fun, rather the contrary. Why do i have to overdo it and punish myself?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2011 edited
    You don't and to each their own. I'm quite capable of going out and drinking nothing but orange juice or coke and having a good time, it just depends on mood, it is rare that I'll go out on a weekend and not get shit faced though wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    You don't and to each their own. I'm quite capable of going out and drinking nothing but orange juice or coke and having a good time, it just depends on mood, it is rare that I'll go out on a weekend and not get shit faced though wink

Same here. What I DON'T like, though, is to drink non-alcoholic beverages while all the others do, but sometimes I've had to do that (as I was getting up early the next day, wasn't feeling too well etc.).

I can do calm evenings, but if it's a party, it's a party. I'll keep going untill the fat lady sings. And beyond.

I think this type of consumation is more common in the Northern parts of Europe than in the South.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Yeah, all those cold dark nights, you need a little something extra to keep the spirits 'pun intended' up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The "beyond" the fat lady statement is quite worrying.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    The "beyond" the fat lady statement is quite worrying.

freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LOL! Never thought of the phrase THAT way. Dirty man, D!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011
    http://www.protothema.gr/life-style/Hol … aid=112167
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011 edited

Bah....I've experienced far worse than that in my heavy "party days". wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011
    Now everyone has a good excuse for Beer-drinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4KTe9fk … r_embedded
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011
    Mmmm! Norte but nice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Now everyone has a good excuse for Beer-drinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4KTe9fk … r_embedded

Aw. That's actually quite nice! smile

Timmer wrote
    Mmmm! Norte but nice!

*Grooooannnnn*
    face-palm-mt

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    Off out with a few friends to participate in a General Knowledge quiz and inbibe a bit o'the old amber nectar. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011
    We won! punk

We also invited an American guy from Seattle to join us, he was in the pub by himself ( A student ), a really nice intelligent guy though he wasn't much help, though that was hardly his fault particularly as tonights quiz was very Britishified ( for want of a better word ).

He's living in England for a few months and we've invited him to join us next week too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011
    I've been in the US since Sunday. We took the kids to the National Museum of Play in Rochester (about 2 hours away) We also did some cross border shopping. Had a good time. However, the highlight for me was visiting Beers of the World in Rochester and Premier Gourmet in Buffalo for a beer run to end all beer runs. I picked up 48 bottles ranging from stubbies to 750ml bottles. Prices ranged from $1.99 to $12.99. I blew about $350 but 99% of the stuff I got I can't get in Canada. There was even a Canadian brew that I could only buy in the US. If you want to see the entire haul check out this public Facebook link.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … amp;type=1

I don't know which one to open first!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    Anybody else here a fan of Southern Comfort? Although I have drank it on a number of occasions with mixers, today my supervisor at work gave me a small bottle that he had been given by our beverage supplier... and I've completely polished it off. I think it's lovely. But then I am very drunk right now. It was unwise to indulge at this point but I couldn't resist. Very nice.

smile spin
  3. Seen the film but not drunk the drink.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011 edited
    I think I'm in need for Christ's sake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It would probably burn me. devil
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    We had some left in the fridge and I thought it would be good for my throat infection...
    Hopefully Christ's sake will heal me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011 edited
    You keep Sake in the fridge! Excellent! punk

By the way, I doubt it'll do anything: it's not alcohol that works, but the herbs in alcoholic drinks like grog or Shrub.
    I just had a box of Shrub in so I can mix with rum to my heart's content! (And liver's discontent...)
    Shrub cordial -a Sussex speciality apparently- contains honey and all sorts of soothing herbs. lick

I drink it a lot even when I'm not sickly. shame

Maybe though that's the REASON I'm not sickly! Yeah! That's it! christmas_drunk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn