• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    No, i mean AWKWARD Nyman music.

Sorry, I'm partially deaf towards people who find the end credits of PRACTICAL MAGIC awkward. What did you say?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010 edited
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but a good way to start a film music compilation is to include a studio fanfare piece. For example, Horner's Universal Studios (long version) fanfare begins my 'Film Music for n00bs' compilation I quickly made for a friend some time ago he wanted for a car journey.

"Film Music For n00bs"

1. Universal Pictures Fanfare (long version) - James Horner
    2. 'The Last Starfighter/Main Title' (from The High and The Mighty album) - Craig Safan
    3. 'The Sea Hawk/Main Title' - Erich Wolfgang Korngold
    4. Battle Beyond The Stars Main Title (from Alien Invasion 2) - James Horner
    5. 'The Attack' from Quigley Down Under - Basil Poledouris
    6. 'The Phantom' from, well, The Phantom - David Newman
    7. 'Chateau Swashbuckling' from The Matrix Reloaded - Don Davis
    8. 'The Hunt' from The Final Conflict - Jerry Goldsmith
    9. 'The Enterprise' from Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Jerry Goldsmith
    10. 'Showtime' from Deep Blue - George Fenton
    11. 'Main Titles' from The Family Man - Danny Elfman
    12. 'Buckbeak's Flight' from Azkaban - John Williams
    13. Robin Hood Overture (2 minute edit of the main title) - Michael Kamen
    14. The Great Eatlon/End Titles (my own edit) from Lady In The Water - James Newton Howard
    15. Contact - End Credits - Alan Silvestri
    16. 'End Titles' from Valkyrie - John Ottman
    17. 'Dry Your Tears, Afrika (Reprise)' from Amistad - John Williams
    18. 'Fanfare for Will' and 'Lost in Space' from Lost in Space - Bruce Broughton
    19. Rubgy World Cup: Opening Theme - Christopher Gordon
    20. 'End Titles' from Independence Day - David Arnold

PS People looking for relaxing music need not apply (you know, people who've grown old). This is film music showing its PRIDE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Relaxing, romantic and melodic film music can have pride too....unless you want to suggest that something like the opening titles' of "Amelia" lacks pride wink I am kidding you actually, i know what you mean but you always have such a funny way to put along the fact that you mostly like the kind of cues listed above, as opposed to mostly calmer, romantic or melancholic string-led music. You could just say it, directly, without looking for words to make it sound...erm, gentletongue But i forgive you 'cause the list KICKS ASS! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LOUD AND PROUD may have been a better way for Steven to express it!? I love slow and romantic music but I've never lost my appetite for 'GOOD' loud, aggresive action writing and 'in-your-face' bold, upfront themes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    LOUD AND PROUD may have been a better way for Steven to express it!? I love slow and romantic music but I've never lost my appetite for 'GOOD' loud, aggresive action writing and 'in-your-face' bold, upfront themes.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Relaxing, romantic and melodic film music can have pride too....unless you want to suggest that something like the opening titles' of "Amelia" lacks pride wink I am kidding you actually, i know what you mean but you always have such a funny way to put along the fact that you mostly like the kind of cues listed above, as opposed to mostly calmer, romantic or melancholic string-led music. You could just say it, directly, without looking for words to make it sound...erm, gentletongue But i forgive you 'cause the list KICKS ASS! punk

I literally have no idea what you just said. But at any rate: beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Ditto. I just love orchestral music in [almost] all its forms.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've always needed both loud and gentle, just as I've always needed rock and pop and jazz and classical etc, it's a mood thing. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I'd like to have a listen to LOUD AND PROUD!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I'd like to have a listen to LOUD AND PROUD!

BRIAN BLESSED