• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Am I being a grump? Sorry Martijn, I feel like I'm losing my sense of humour this year.

Exactly. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote
    ...anyway, this is the Silvestri thread so....

BACK TO THE FUTURE.

Great Scott! no, no, BACK TO THE THREAD! biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    ...anyway, this is the Silvestri thread so....

BACK TO THE FUTURE.

F__K YEAH! punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Don't worry D.

I'll openly explain everything here on the forum soon.

In the 'Sum Up The Year' thread? Is there one Thor?

I seem to remember we've had one the last couple of years. If not, we'll create one.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    Earlier this year, Alan Silvestri recorded his score for his thirteenth feature film with director Robert Zemeckis, A Christmas Carol. The film came out last month, but we're excited to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the scoring session, just in time for the holidays!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  1. dgoldwas wrote
    Earlier this year, Alan Silvestri recorded his score for his thirteenth feature film with director Robert Zemeckis, A Christmas Carol. The film came out last month, but we're excited to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the scoring session, just in time for the holidays!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!

better late than never, thanks Dan smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    Thanks, interesting stuff !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009
    Thanks, Dan!
  2. The review of Back to the Future (2 CD) is now online, it replaces the old song album review that was posted earlier ago. Votes that were made on that soundtrack album are deleted, giving you the opportunity to vote once again

- Back to the Future

Cheers
  3. WOOT !!!! punk

Well done Tommy. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009
    Sure you don't want to put a couple more puns in there?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Great review, Tom! And I agree about the Lion King comment. May it receive similar expanded treatment too. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Great review, Tom! And I agree about the Lion King comment. May it receive similar expanded treatment too. wink

I'm not sure about The Lion King comment, if there was a Disney score that the majority scream for it would be John Barry's The Black Hole.

Except on THIS board.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I listened to Black Hole a while ago, liked it a lot. Would get that one too when it's released.
  4. Steven wrote

nope, it separates my reviews from all the rest tongue
  5. DemonStar wrote

Thanks buddy, and I hope that all good material simply receives a deluxe treatment like this some day wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    I listened to Black Hole a while ago, liked it a lot. Would get that one too when it's released.

Though it had an LP release it's never had a CD release ( except the obvious boot which is only the LP content ), the score is from 1979, in fact the film came out around Christmas time so that makes it exactly 30 years old.

What do you reckon, a 30th anniversary deluxe release from Disney or they disney want to do it?

I go with the latter slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009 edited
    If Disney does do it, then going by the current trends it'll probably be the sh|tty MP3-only release. I prefer when the specialty labels succeed in a "breakthrough" with Disney, they may certainly release Black Hole. The one I have my fingers crossed for is that gem by Hans, of course. love
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    If Disney does do it, then going by the current trends it'll probably be the sh|tty MP3-only release. I prefer when the specialty labels succeed in a "breakthrough" with Disney, they may certainly release Black Hole. The one I have my fingers crossed for is that gem by Hans, of course. love

I forgot to mention that Disney have already released The Black Hole as an MP3 only release, they can go f*** themselves!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeah, the iTunes one is what I currently have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

nope, it separates my reviews from all the rest tongue

Yes, I suppose it does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010 edited
    A-team trailer. And yes, it looks like crap.

The trailer music (probably excerpts from Silvestri's score) has some quotes from Mike Post's catchy and cheesy theme so that's promising. Will be fun to hear in a big orchestral arrangement.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010
    I
    have
    no
    words.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I bet you're thinking that this is the best thing since GI Joe, and that has left you speechless.

Peter tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I pity the fool who don't like the trailer, sucka!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hmm..I don´t think it looks like crap at all. Actually I´ve enjoyed it. If they do the same as they did with GI Joe´(shamelessly, unpretentious, 90-minute action ride) I´m in. And I´ve already liked the hints of the main theme we can hear in the trailer.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I rather liked the look as well (though the actor portraying B.A. Baracus looked far more menacing in his UFC publicity shots than as the actual character. So far Mr. T. remains Mr. Right. Suckaz.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    plindboe wrote
    I pity the fool who don't like the trailer, sucka!

If it didn't do such a crap job of simply casting people that look like the originals it might, just might be a good popcorn film. But as it doesn't, it looks crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010 edited
    I must tell you all that I have never seen a single episode of the A-Team.

That fact, and the fact (that are two facts!) that this trailer is rather standard and actually isn't interesting either, makes my brain conclude that this film looks really stupid.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    I must tell you all that I have never seen a single episode of the A-Team.

Me neither. But I've seen enough references to it (particularly from Family Guy) to get a pretty decent idea of what it's about. And almost everyone knows the theme.