• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bhel - yes. Pawel - no.

Awesome! Then it's [spoiler]Viva Zapata and that must explain the ethnic element![/spoiler] Heck, I haven't listened to this in ages.

Nope... I am amazed nobody has got this yet. I thought this was the one score by this composer that people might get above all the others.

I'll have a go...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. [spoiler]Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?[/spoiler]
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010
    Nope. The clip is not actually representative of the score (otherwise people would have guessed it instantly) and I'm starting to wonder if this piece, taken from a re-recorded suite, might not actually be on the original soundtrack album.
  3. ah, "[spoiler]SPARTACUS[/spoiler]"????
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ah, "[spoiler]SPARTACUS[/spoiler]"????

YES!
  4. Is it!?!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010 edited
    Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

YES!

How. Did. I. Not. Get. That. ? confused shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

YES!

I've should have known it, all the talk about this score smile
    Glad that's sorted out

Here's the next one, if people can guess this without a hint from me, they're goddamn amazing smile

Round 18
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010
    [spoiler]STREET FIGHTER!![/spoiler]
  6. Anthony wrote
    [spoiler]STREET FIGHTER!![/spoiler]

you're goddamn amazing punk
    correct smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's what the ladies say all the time.... cool

Ahem. uhm

New clip to follow shortly...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010 edited
    Round 19

You can probably single down the composer just from the sound of it, but the score might be a little harder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Anthony wrote
    Round 19

You can probably single down the composer just from the sound of it, but the score might be a little harder.

Not too confident of this but there was a hint in the clip...[spoiler]John Barry's The Black Hole[/spoiler]?

Great way of doing the clip BTW! punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Aha, it didn't occur to me this also sounds like Barry! It's not though. wink

(Btw, how did "I do" the clip?) confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hmm, it certainly does sound like [spoiler]Barry[/spoiler] to me as well. If not him, then perhaps it's [spoiler]Arnold[/spoiler]?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nope on either of those. I clearly listen to to many scores of this genre to assume this is the sound of this composer!

I won't give away the biggest clues just yet, as the obvious one will single it down too much.

What I will say is this is the second score in a franchise of which the fifth is to be released this year, all of which have had different and/or multiple composers. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It sounds very much like [spoiler]John Barry[/spoiler] except I know for a fact that it isn't.

Maybe it's [spoiler]David Arnold?[/spoiler]
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nope, sorry!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Anthony wrote
    Round 19

[spoiler]There's a lot of Barry in it. And it sounds a bit old-fashioned like John Scott. Is it Michael Giacchino?[/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's not Michael Giacchino. biggrin

I'm very surprised no one has guessed the composer yet. I must be the only one here accustomed to this type of score from them. shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    A wild guess here , could it be [spoiler]Brian Tyler's "Rambo" or "Fast & Furious"[/spoiler] ?
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Eric wrote
    A wild guess here , could it be [spoiler]Brian Tyler's "Rambo"[/spoiler] ?

This isn't him by any chance!

Is it [spoiler]David Arnold[/spoiler] or [spoiler]the Wataru-John-Williams[/spoiler] dude?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Christodoulides wrote
    Eric wrote
    A wild guess here , could it be [spoiler]Brian Tyler's "Rambo"[/spoiler] ?

This isn't him by any chance!

Is it [spoiler]David Arnold[/spoiler] or [spoiler]the Wataru-John-Williams[/spoiler] dude?

LOL , why ?
    Isn't that composer capable in producing such wonderful music ? biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, it's not his style.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Them?

Clue number three: This is the main theme from the score. The rest is by another composer and completely synthesized.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    [spoiler]Call Of Duty 2?[/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nope

Clue number four: Michael Ironside is "in" this.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I. Don't. Know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's NOT Call of Duty? Fuck me, I thought that was such a good answer. I hate you so much right now...