• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't quite get the "i don't actually men he's overrated comment, Michael. What do you actually mean then 'cause forgive me but i can't get the word-play there smile And i am sure you know i wasn't the one who said Gordon was overrated, right?

The logic is as follows:
    > premise: random person says Gordon is over rated because he doesn't have enough scores to sample from
    > Rombi also doesn't have enough scores to sample from
    > thus Rombi is also overrated

however, because we don't agree with the premise that Gordon is over rated, he's not saying that Rombi is also over rated. he's just saying that, if the premise were true (which it isn't) it would also seem to apply to Rombi just as much or more so. simply because neither have them have released as many scores in as many genres as we might wish them to.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    You hate Somewhere in Time?? That's one of Barry's very best?

No, I love it, but it IS very repetitive!

I far prefer Until September, a score that never outstays it's welcome. I rarely play Somewhere In Time, lovely theme though it is.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't quite get the "i don't actually men he's overrated comment, Michael. What do you actually mean then 'cause forgive me but i can't get the word-play there smile And i am sure you know i wasn't the one who said Gordon was overrated, right?

The logic is as follows:
    > premise: random person says Gordon is over rated because he doesn't have enough scores to sample from
    > Rombi also doesn't have enough scores to sample from
    > thus Rombi is also overrated

however, because we don't agree with the premise that Gordon is over rated, he's not saying that Rombi is also over rated. he's just saying that, if the premise were true (which it isn't) it would also seem to apply to Rombi just as much or more so. simply because neither have them have released as many scores in as many genres as we might wish them to.

Thanks! Also Desplat has a shitload of scores to sample from though, it's not just his Hollywood/major output but also the smaller French scores which are equally impressive. He's perhaps the most gifted composer working film today, imo. It's shocking to compare what he did for TWILIGHT2 with the standard drone (and 2 good cues, one opening and one closing) - at times even amateuristic score from SHORE for the third one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    You hate Somewhere in Time?? That's one of Barry's very best?

No, I love it, but it IS very repetitive!

I far prefer Until September, a score that never outstays it's welcome. I rarely play Somewhere In Time, lovely theme though it is.

I love Until September. So beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote
    He's perhaps the most gifted composer working film today, imo.

I actually agree with this.

anyone who can base a score around a boys choir lyric of "Boggis, Bunce and Bean, we're fat, we're short, we're lean" and not make me instantly want to delete the music from my computer must have nearly divine talent...seriously....and that's just one of the many, many reasons I agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Lord of the Rings- The Return of the King ~ Howard Shore

Haven't played Lord of the Rings for a while. I'm re - discovering their beauty!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Alone in the office now (everyone took off early or never came in because oif the heat and the football)...can't decide whether to play thunderous rock music or melancholy Delerue...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Be Jordi and play both.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    There can be only ONE Jordi.

Thank heavens.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Why Delerue? You play Delerue when you are not well...Do you have something to tell us? uhm

I would go with the thunderous rock music! It's summer and I think you need a bit of "rocking"! smile wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

Rockin' it oldskool: my Rough playlist on shuffle: Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Guns n'Roses.
    Hot DOG! punk (And here's me dressed Back In Black as well cool )

EDIT: Oops. Wrong thread. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote

Thank heavens.

are you a man of faith or a man of science?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    biggrin

Rockin' it oldskool: my Rough playlist on shuffle: Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Guns n'Roses.
    Hot DOG! punk (And here's me dressed Back In Black as well cool )

EDIT: Oops. Wrong thread. shame

We'll forgive you wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    Martijn wrote

Thank heavens.

are you a man of faith or a man of science?

I'm a man of wealth and taste.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Your good taste doesn't always apply to all things though wink Esp when it comes to fluffy music and fluffy women kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And on that note shall we have this thread closed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So mote it be.