• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    Seriously? Lust, caution is perhaps his best score to date. Have you even watched the movie?

I actually want to see the movie just to hear the score...that's what I did for Girl with a Pearl Earring.
  2. War of the Worlds - John Williams

I don't think I'll ever hear a track that radiates such chaos and savagery as much as "The Ferry Scene".
  3. "Toccata and Dreamscapes"... Elliot Goldenthal?

NP: Ashes of Time (various)

The score moves me greatly, largely for being the music of the fine film.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    Hm, more info please? Never heard of it i think.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    franz_conrad wrote
    "Toccata and Dreamscapes"... Elliot Goldenthal?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH yeah, Baby! punk

NP:Age of Innocence (Bernstein)

As gorgeous as Michele pfeifer in the movie is.
  4. Nautilus wrote
    NP:Age of Innocence (Bernstein)

One of the most LOUDLY MIXED CDs I possess. I always have to turn the volume down when tracks from this CD play on a random-shuffle playlist.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited
    JOHN BARRY - golden seal, on vinyl, thanks to Timmer.

Gorgeous. I just love Barry. I can listen to this stuff all the time, especially heart-driven and dramatic string-driven passages like "goodbye" that closes the album. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fallen Trailer Music Justin Boggan

Truly astounding music from one of film music's rising stars. The grace and nuance that Boggan blesses his listeners with will surely impress even the most pessimistic of music fans. So distinct in his expression, so singular a voice, Justin Boggan once again shows us that music can lift the soul.

Give this man a blockbuster!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    Fallen Trailer Music Justin Boggan

Truly astounding music from one of film music's rising stars. The grace and nuance that Boggan blesses his listeners with will surely impress even the most pessimistic of music fans. So distinct in his expression, so singular a voice, Justin Boggan once again shows us that music can lift the soul.

Give this man a blockbuster!

More importantly, it totally puts Hans Zimmer's scores to shame. Just imagine Prince Of Egypt with this stunning music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Christodoulides wrote
    BRIAN TYLER - the killing room

An overlooked score imo. Very mature, brooding and dark. There's some particularly well-written and effective music in here.

I can see this score has a lot of fans. Just trying to work up to your level so help me out: does this score have an actual theme or motif I may have missed? At least a few moments of melodic lines? It does strike me as very mature and it's GOT to be effective in the movie, but, just like Law Abiding Citizen, I find it so unattractive. There's nothing I can latch to. Just like Howard Shore's cerebral work (Se7en, Silence of the Lambs).

NP: U-571
    Richard Marvin's great work. I appreciate it even more now that I've seen the movie.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, it doesn't. But good music can also live without themes or melodies, it's just a matter of taste. And it's a tough listen for most, this kind of dark, dissonant music but in this case it's also blend with some truly mesmerizing string lines.
  5. I've heard The Killing Room and I can't grasp the attraction of it - give me something's that true Tyler. Something like Timeline. punk

BTW, Se7en, Silence of The Lambs. "Nothing to latch on to"!! shocked

Se7en is just one big motif! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Alan, shhhhhhh. Michael will see your post and will laugh out loud! beer wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've heard The Killing Room and I can't grasp the attraction of it - give me something's that true Tyler. Something like Timeline. punk

BTW, Se7en, Silence of The Lambs. "Nothing to latch on to"!! shocked

Se7en is just one big motif! wink

Well, see, the thing is I actually DO appreciate Se7en and Silence of the Lambs. I just don't think other composers should try doing Shore. The'll cook up something efficient that serves the movie (and in the end, that's the name of the game, I agree) but I just find it so hard to consider Tyler's dark side worth my money on CD.

I agree, I'd like him to stick to Timeline, Eagle Eye, Partition and Annapolis!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    HeeroJF wrote
    NP: U-571
    Richard Marvin's great work. I appreciate it even more now that I've seen the movie.

You mean Jerry Goldsmith's great work. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Having studied Goldsmith doesn't keep Bruce Broughton from sleeping at night. Why should it bother Marvin?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    The Killing Room has several repeating musical ideas, if that counts....
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Broughton's The Presidio is pure Goldsmith, every note.

It also happens to be one of hist best, in my opinion! Nothing like emulating a master to score big points!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, but U-571 is a pretty shameless Air Force One rip. It's good though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    That's my point. It's standard fare for Goldsmith's standards, but it's a pretty dang high accomplishment for an average little-known composer like Marvin to rise to that level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    NP: I Am Legend, JNH

Pretty decent stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    HeeroJF wrote
    NP: I Am Legend, JNH

Pretty decent stuff.

decent?????

SUPERB!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    HeeroJF wrote
    That's my point. It's standard fare for Goldsmith's standards, but it's a pretty dang high accomplishment for an average little-known composer like Marvin to rise to that level.

Yeah... but at least Broughton used Goldsmith's style to create his own unique music. Marvin aped Air Force One without even trying to make it sound different.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Lust, Caution - Alexandre Desplat

It's sooooooooooo dull... but it's the least distracting score I could find to play while editing.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, but U-571 is a pretty shameless Air Force One rip. It's good though!

There's more to U-571 than being a shameless rip. Apart from the main theme and some of the action motifs, there is definitely more.

Hey if anyone is willing to mimic Jerry, who are we to question that decision... especially since the man has deceased, a return to that sound would be very welcome once in a while.

CutThroat Island - John Debney

This album starts and ends with some of the most awesome film music ever composed. LEGENDARY, BREATHTAKING, FOOKING BRILLIANT. punk

What a year 1995 was... were the planets aligned in a special way or something that year? cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well something had to balance the Dark Side.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Why must everything be light / dark with you? wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    There are no shades of grey.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn