• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012
    That's a really lovely piece.

(And really - some of you guys should explore the work of Ennio Morricone, where you'll find twelve trillion pieces in that style and of equal or higher quality - which is not to disparage this wonderful-sounding new work in any way - just saying...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Exploring Morricone is dangerous. Sometimes you find "Fateless" and sometimes you find "Giu' La Testa".
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm not sure which of those contains any danger! (But there are plenty out there which do, I'd be the first to admit.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012 edited
    omg

Brilliant piece of music!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    In fact it's so good I'd love to know if there's anything else by him like that. I think the only one of his that I've heard is Garbo the Spy (which is excellent, but nothing like that).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Crikey! slant Clearly I can't hear what everyone else is hearing!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    In fact it's so good I'd love to know if there's anything else by him like that. I think the only one of his that I've heard is Garbo the Spy (which is excellent, but nothing like that).

TRY THIS
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Marselus wrote
    TRY THIS

Oh! shocked
    This is quite good, really!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    The finale is really impressive. Look his expresison while conducting BTW. Quite moving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He did the score for the Norwegian film BABYCALL starring Noomi Rapace (the film doesn't fulfill its "mindfuck" premise, but that's another story) -- a creepy, yet often ethereal mystery score.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012
    Scribe wrote
    Exploring Morricone is dangerous. Sometimes you find "Fateless" and sometimes you find "Giu' La Testa".

My God, i just remembered via your comment; i can never, ever get those obscure Moriconne farts...i mean scores. Giu La Testa was a huge shock for me at first listen.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Marselus wrote
    TRY THIS

Oh! shocked
    This is quite good, really!

Weren't you familiar with ORFANATO before? We must have said about this score a thousand times only, in this forum already wink Great, great score and movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Demetris wrote
    Scribe wrote

My God, i just remembered via your comment; i can never, ever get those obscure Moriconne farts...i mean scores. Giu La Testa was a huge shock for me at first listen.

I don't get it. You two are talking about this!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Demetris wrote
    Scribe wrote

My God, i just remembered via your comment; i can never, ever get those obscure Moriconne farts

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, the shom shom thingy. Not my style smile
  1. Southall wrote
    That's a really lovely piece.

(And really - some of you guys should explore the work of Ennio Morricone, where you'll find twelve trillion pieces in that style and of equal or higher quality - which is not to disparage this wonderful-sounding new work in any way - just saying...)

That piece from THE IMPOSSIBLE is very nice. Thanks for posting it!

And James, please check out the Morricone thread for my response to your comment. I'm honestly and very sincerely interested in finding some of Morricone's music that meets your description.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Scribe wrote

love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote

Both excellent!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    No, the shom shom thingy. Not my style smile

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Timmer wrote
    Scribe wrote

Both excellent!

But we were talking about finding things that sound like the Velazquez piece.
    When I'm looking for beautiful melancholy music I don't really want to find something that sounds like a wandering band of frolicking coked-out naked men!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    oop! Point taken. shame
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just take a listen to Velazquez's score for the upcoming The Impossible:

http://youtu.be/CiHDfKtkofA

I think the best parta of this video were seeing how moved the director and producer were as the music was played.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just take a listen to Velazquez's score for the upcoming The Impossible:

http://youtu.be/CiHDfKtkofA

shocked

It sounds excellent! So moving.

[EDIT] Call me a big softy, but that brought the tears rolling down my cheeks. If the rest of the score is like this...

I'm not surprised by this, Fernando Velàzquez already touch my heart with El mal ajeno. I can't wait to hear the full score.
  3. My review of THE IMPOSSIBLE, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2012/10/15/the-i … velazquez/

Jon smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Hm. Doesn't do very much for me, to be honest.
    Sentimental strings in the Williams vein. Not bad, but not really special.

Ah well. smile

I agree, but it's very nice to hear!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012
    Southall wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Scribe wrote

I agree with Southall. I don't get it either. Farts? uhm
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Well, if you listened to the entire score rather than a 3 minute concert piece...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I have heard the whole score before. wink

There's a great song in there too!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2012
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2012
    Southall wrote
    My review of The Impossible:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2866

Great review, great score. One of the year's bests. As i said in shitty book, One of the best, most powerful scores i've heard this year. Exceptionally emotional work and a natural orchestral recording in this one. You can hear everything and actually feel the music, which sadly isn't the norm these days whilst it should be, at this age of technology.