• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010 edited
    MainTitles is exactly 3 years young today. punk

Some statistics

- 416 members, of which 14 donated
    - about 575 reviews
    - about 90 different emoticons

- about 202 900 posts and counting
    - 2076 threads + this one
    - 8600 sent messages

- about 100 000 page views a month
    - 5,700 unique visitors a month, 600 visits a day
    - 46% uses Firefox, 10% is on Chrome and only 21% uses IE (of which 3,5% is IE6)

It's also time we need a new website. Since a few weeks I'm exploring to create a new one, which I hope to roll out somewhere Q2 next year (knowing my bad schedule skills, I'm sure it'll be not like that). Since a month or so I'm trying out both Wordpress and Drupal for the review section. A new version of the forum will also be part of the new site. I hope more reviewers will join Thomas' work here, and perhaps Tom (and Alan?) might add their reviews too then...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah! Amazing news, as always Bregt you know we are here for you! Let us know smile cheers beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Congrats to everyone involved for their love passion and hard work. We are such a neat little company here smile kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yup, I think over the past years, the group has grown quite strong. Also because there are more meetings, and I've had the luck of meeting a lot of the core members here (with a strong Belgian community). I'm glad that it goes all quite well, even though we had some issues now and then.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010
    Go us!

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    beer Cheers to all of us! All of you are amazing guys! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...and gals. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    Don't forget those in between!

biggrin

Cheers! beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    MainTitle of the Week is Vertical Limit, with the track Three Years Later. biggrin

Sorry. Coat.
    Kazoo
  1. Ah, has it already been 3 years? smile

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this amazing community. And I hope we can keep this site alive as long as possible

Go MainTitles punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAINTITLES !!

I've been here for about 2 years now and I loved every minute of it !
    I also enjoyed meeting some of you in the flesh so to speak .

Here's to our lovely little community !
    May it be around for many more years to come ! beer
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yikes, those are three years that went by quickly!

Thanks for making this the greatest film music community on the web, guys (although it could benefit from being a bit more active at times!)!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    bhangra
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    MainTitle of the Week is Vertical Limit, with the track Three Years Later. biggrin

Sorry. Coat.

You much funny man mister Bregt. dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Bregt wrote
    It's also time we need a new website. Since a few weeks I'm exploring to create a new one, which I hope to roll out somewhere Q2 next year (knowing my bad schedule skills, I'm sure it'll be not like that). Since a month or so I'm trying out both Wordpress and Drupal for the review section. A new version of the forum will also be part of the new site...

rolleyes

I'm only just getting used to this one!

wink

Congratulations to all involved with the running and content of this site.

beer
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Question: why do we need a new website, by that you mean we need a new layout right? Because I honestly don't think we need a new one, I like it the way it is.

But 3 years MT??? Amazing and here's to the next 3 fireworks
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    'Cause change is good smile
  3. But I'm afraid of change... ask anyone. freezing
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not a good thing mate.
  4. If the change gives added functionality or makes the administrators' jobs easier then that's fine.

I certainly like the look of the blogs that people do using WordPress and it this site can be made to look a bit more like a blog-based layout then I'd personally like that more.

My own experience of MainTitles is that I bookmark the forum and very rarely look at anything else. Me not looking at reviews is not meant to be a dig at the reviews that are posted here - Thomas (and the others), you do a fine job keeping the number of new reviews being posted here ticking over - I've just stopped reading reviews in the main and concentrate more on listening to the music.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A new site is always good. I don't want to handle the admin section for adding reviews, updating content, etc myself, since others can do that better. So that's why I'll be using Wordpress or Drupal, depending on what I want. The forum defenitely comes with more functionality, and a whole new PM system, which will unfortunately mean I'll have to get rid of the current one and need to transfer the current PMs.

And a new layout. smile

Alan, it'd be great if you'd become a reviewer here. You listen to lots of interesting and unfamiliar/unknown scores, so that'd be a very nice addition to Joep's reviews and the whole site in itself.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I can say that my experience with Wordpress has been very positive. I've been posting since March 2006 and have done 318 reviews.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same here. Go for it Bregt. Wdp is much less customizable and programmer-friendly than Drupal, but Wdp is very user friendly and simple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    I keep saying that I will do reviews and I really do want to - but the practicalities mean that I have little time to do them. When I do find time you will be the first to receive them.

Also, my listening habits need to change. I've been in a favourite tracks frame of mind for ages, preferring to listen to tracks I like rather than entire soundtracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Happy Birthday MainTitles !! birthday

Do you mean today it is exactly three years ago that we witnessed Scorereviews go flatline?
    I remember that evening very well. It was a strange experience, wasn't it!
    A community move.
  5. Bregje wrote
    Do you mean today it is exactly three years ago that we witnessed Scorereviews go flatline?

sad

That makes it sound so traumatic! Wait a minute...it was!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yup, it was then. I remember Bregje said I was the last who posted.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    Happy Birthday MainTitles !! birthday

I remember that evening very well. It was a strange experience, wasn't it!
    A community move.

smile

Very true...it was very strange.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Andreas did a lot of work for scorereviews and just got burnt out.
    listen to more classical music!