• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    ANGEL ILLARAMANDI - yoyes

I have no words

May I be so bold as to suggest "rare" and "beauty"?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would suggest "stunning".
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    ANGEL ILLARAMANDI - yoyes

I have no words, stunning.

Sometimes you are worthy of a football commentator D cheesy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD - Marco Beltrami & Buck Sanders

The complete score is stupidly good! I love this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: NOT WITH MY WIFE YOU DON'T (John Williams)

I love breezy, jazzy 60's Williams in cocktail mode.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Oblivion was quite a poor effort compared with some of the earlier efforts: I was quite disappointed. But the YouTube clip (linked to elsewhere) of The Elder Scrolls V music has certainly got me interested for the next installment.

If you are referring to the music from the teaser trailer I posted a while back, that sounds indeed very good.

The music from Oblivion is best enjoyed in the form of a 9 minute suite that holds the most memorable music.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. NP: Hereafter - Clint Eastwood

Very intimate, but effective.
  3. yonythemoony wrote
    Thor wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    NP: El Final - Yoyes (Angel Illarramendi)

Very dramatic. I love that Illarramendi brings the main theme in the last couple of minutes with different variations in low strings and ethnic woodwinds being played at the same time, during the climax of the movie.

YOYES is beautiful, as are most of Illaramendi's scores. Don't fancy his suspense writing, but his melodies are gorgeous. Melancholic bliss.

I agree. I've been recently watching a lot of movies scored by him. In all of them, his music fits perfectly. I've heard that he recently scored a movie called 180, but there's no news of a score release

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … s/#Item_16
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. justin boggan wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    Thor wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    NP: El Final - Yoyes (Angel Illarramendi)

Very dramatic. I love that Illarramendi brings the main theme in the last couple of minutes with different variations in low strings and ethnic woodwinds being played at the same time, during the climax of the movie.

YOYES is beautiful, as are most of Illaramendi's scores. Don't fancy his suspense writing, but his melodies are gorgeous. Melancholic bliss.

I agree. I've been recently watching a lot of movies scored by him. In all of them, his music fits perfectly. I've heard that he recently scored a movie called 180, but there's no news of a score release

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … s/#Item_16

Yeah, I've read it a time ago. But the movie has been released, and still there's no news of the score being released on CD or samples
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Oblivion was quite a poor effort compared with some of the earlier efforts: I was quite disappointed. But the YouTube clip (linked to elsewhere) of The Elder Scrolls V music has certainly got me interested for the next installment.

If you are referring to the music from the teaser trailer I posted a while back, that sounds indeed very good.

The music from Oblivion is best enjoyed in the form of a 9 minute suite that holds the most memorable music.

There is a video of some guy talking about the Morrowind theme in this new video using a choir of 30 that was recorded over and over again.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    will review cinema concertante
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE TERMINAL (John Williams)

Nobody writes for woodwind like Williams, and you gotta love the jauntiness of this one. It exudes class all the way!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Yeah and the clarinet player was dying of cancer and perfectly aware of that at the moment. That was her final score, I think.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah and the clarinet player was dying of cancer and perfectly aware of that at the moment. That was her final score, I think.

Indeed. Adds a special backdrop to the music.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah and the clarinet player was dying of cancer and perfectly aware of that at the moment. That was her final score, I think.

Indeed. Adds a special backdrop to the music.

Yeah. Very talented. God rest her soul.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011
    Cocoon - James Horner

I think, without "The Chase", "The Acension" and "Theme From Cocoon", people would not praise this score as highly as people often do. Though lovely it is.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011 edited
    NP: Kill Zone 3 - Joris de Man

Yummy score. It has everything I like about KZ 2 and then some more goodness on top.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Twister - Mark Mancina

This really should be released properly one day... one day...

It's one of Mancina's best efforts.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  8. KevinSmith wrote
    Twister - Mark Mancina

This really should be released properly one day... one day...

It's one of Mancina's best efforts.

I agree. One of my favorite scores ever. I hope it gets a re-release with Mancina's take on Van Halen's Humans Being
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    Cocoon - James Horner

I think, without "The Chase", "The Acension" and "Theme From Cocoon", people would not praise this score as highly as people often do. Though lovely it is.

Oh yeah? I'll add 'Looking Through The Window' and my favourite track, the sublimely beautiful 'The Lovemaking', add those together and there's more than enough to praise the album highly.

I will give it minus points for the horrific 'Gravity' though wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011 edited
    I just finished The Great Miracle / El Gran Milagro, the new score by Mark McKenzie. Parts of it are very nice. Some of the tracks are very quietly beautiful in the same vein as most of his score to Saving Sarah Cain. It's pure McKenzie, though probably not in the same league as Durango, Garcia Lorca, Blizzard, or The Last Sin Eater. Those films really gave him a chance to use some amazing themes in some amazing ways. The tracks from this score that get the closest are "Entering the Cathedral," "Go in Peace," and "Ascension/Gloria Patri." Those have the long-lined sweeping beautiful McKenzie music that I love. If I were Thomas I would label them all 'excellent tracks'. If you want a taste of the best this album has to offer (and use itunes), I recommend you try "Entering the Cathedral." It's a fantastic start to the album, pure gold from the first note, and presents a wonderful and deliberately paced theme. I've only listened to it once, so these are all first impressions, which I've found are often unreliable. I'll let you all know what I think after I've had several more listens.
  9. Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Cocoon - James Horner

Oh yeah? I'll add 'Looking Through The Window' and my favourite track, the sublimely beautiful 'The Lovemaking', add those together and there's more than enough to praise the album highly.

I will give it minus points for the horrific 'Gravity' though wink

How about 'The Boys Are Out'. You gotta love that Glenn Miller-ish cue, such a cool melody and vibe, and I for one love he did more of that in the sequel.

'Discovered in the Poolhouse' is also fun, typical Horner crescendo that I adore so much.

'Gravity' isn't horrific if you feel the need to breakdance. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : The Wild Geese - Roy Budd

Re-watched the movie last night on DVD starring an all star cast , Richard Burton , Richard Harris , Roger Moore , Hardy Krüger , Stewart Granger and with an assortment of fine British character actors in support like Jack Watson & Ronald Fraser ! Now I'm re-visiting the score which is actually pretty good I think , though a bit on the short side . (about 36 mins.) Certainly will spinning this one again ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    christopher wrote
    I just finished The Great Miracle / El Gran Milagro, the new score by Mark McKenzie.

Thanks for the thoughts, I am very curious about this score, but I can't decide if I should get it now or wait to see if it comes out on CD.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote

Re-watched the movie last night on DVD starring an all star cast , Richard Burton , Richard Harris , Roger Moore , Hardy Krüger , Stewart Granger and with an assortment of fine British character actors in support like Jack Watson & Ronald Fraser ! Now I'm re-visiting the score which is actually pretty good I think , though a bit on the short side . (about 36 mins.) Certainly will spinning this one again ...

Really good score IMO, the films a good ripping yarn too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Timmer wrote
    Eric wrote

Really good score IMO, the films a good ripping yarn too.

yeah
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ZULU - John Barry

Great score and perfect length too.....because Return of The Jedi is on TV in a few minutes cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Film Music of Brian Easdale. I really like it even on the first listen but some people won't like it at all.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  10. Listening to the clips they didn't do anything for me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Film Music of Brian Easdale. I really like it even on the first listen but some people won't like it at all.
    Thomas

I really like it Tom, excellent and complex scoring, it'll take a few listens to really get my ears around it. Give me this over the "wallpaper" scoring we mostly get now any day of the week.