• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Group doesn't seem to work for me..?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Group doesn't seem to work for me..?

Neither for me.

Something is wrong...sad

My posts have been deleted. Or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Not it's working...

"Hi! We have created this group for 3 main reasons:

1-If you don't have a good "explorer" you can check what score are playing your friends from Main Titles.net reading this group with your facebook App.

2- Because I want to share every track I play without felling guitly with my "non score fans" friends.

3-Because we can share the music via Spootify or Youtube.

Enjoy it!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    i am in!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Nice idea Jordi.

Perhaps at one time, we can integrate it into MT itself, where there's a thread/page where videos/clips/links and such can be posted (uniquely to that page). Because now it'll get separated. We'll see how it turns out.
    Kazoo
  1. I'm in apparently. I'll need to see how it works...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't get it. confused
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Maybe we could stick the thread?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011 edited
    Well, on Facebook you can add links to videos, clips, etc directly. It's also just a bit of fun, and with Facebook updates and whatnot. The group is just created, but it's not working very well yet. Updates are missing and it's not showing all posts.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, I see. Well, since I am already doing "Now Playing" at three different locations, I think I have my "NP" activity already filled up. But don't let me be the party-pooper! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You could also skip a place and join the new one? tongue
    Kazoo
  3. First impressions are good that there is a place on Facebook to share this but I can see it duplicating what is already happening here in the Now Playing thread. At the moment it seems like it is just one more place to check whilst browsing.

A couple of other comments that are probably more specific to me and my setting rather than issues more generally. I'm now getting a lot more notifications in my Hotmail account from Facebook every time someone adds something to the group. I currently use this set up so that I am alerted to any posts more directly related to my presence on Facebook. Also, as I don't have Spotify and don't want to clutter my PC with another application/program (I assume that it's akin to last.fm?) these posts are not very useful.

Can't we add links to videos and clips, etc here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2011
    You can specifically remove email notifications from this group in Facebook - there's a link towards the top right of the group page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Also - I wouldn't ordinarily use Spotify to share the link, but the one thing I've posted was something I think everyone should hear, and it isn't on Youtube.
  4. Thanks for the info James.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    How ON EARTH is it possible that someone adds ME to a group (instead of inviting me and that I have to approve or something) and that my mailbox is full with stuff I don't want to know??

Isn't that a weird and rude way of using facebook??

Don't get me wrong, Jordi, I don't think YOU are rude, I just think this system is rude, that apparently I can be added to something without knowing anything about it and I get a lot of mails too.

I know I can change e-mail settings, but do I have to log in myself to change stuff because of what someone else did? I really don't get it. So please remove me from this group. Or is that something I have to do myself as well?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    You can do it yourself by clicking "leave group" once you're on it (on the right-hand side).

I agree with you, though...this thing about facebook friends being able to add you to a group without your consent is really strange. I've been added to all kinds of crap (not necessarily this group, but others), and had to leave manually as I saw my mailbox filling up.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    OK, I've calmed down a bit. smile

But I'm still puzzled why there isn't a group invitation instead of the notification that I've apparently been added to a group.
    confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thor wrote
    You can do it yourself by clicking "leave group" once you're on it (on the right-hand side).

I agree with you, though...this thing about facebook friends being able to add you to a group without your consent is really strange. I've been added to all kinds of crap (not necessarily this group, but others), and had to leave manually as I saw my mailbox filling up.

Thanks. Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
    I'm glad someone agrees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I find it weird too. Normally you're invited to join, but I don't know what the difference is with the type of group Jordi created? I added some people of who I thought might be interested (perhaps you as well Bregje, sorry for the overhead).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a Jordi group, what did you expect? To operate conventionally? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I will have to ask to join if I wish to.

I'll think on it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    It's a Jordi group, what did you expect? To operate conventionally? wink

Maybe it was done using a Facebook app from a secondhand source? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I agree with Bregje, by the way, and it almost made me leave the group right away. All of a sudden my mailbox was stuffed with mails from people I didn't know - I thought I was being spammed big time, and coming home at the end of the day (so I didn't see the group before and couldn't change settings sooner) I had to delete a lot of mails from my box. Like Bregje said, I never agreed or confirmed anything, which feels a bit aggressive.

Anyhow, it's a fun enough group, so I'll keep it, but this Facebook thing is the biggest flaw of Facebook.
  6. Am I the only person alive that is not on FB, and probably will never be? I just never felt I wanted to connect to the world, a forum such as this one is the absolute limit of where I'm willing to go.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You're not loosing anything DT my friend; stay away from it; it's time consuming and doesn't pay back anything really worthy for all the time spent. *

* unless you have a small stalker in you who likes to watch the otherwise naively and open-handed self-offerings of semi naked hot babe photos which is no.1 reason for facebook existence in the first place. People stalk other people, some manage to meet them, have sex and life goes on.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I look in facebook from time to time. Some people here kept on at me to join, including Steven who I see no longer seems to be on it?