• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011
    Very cool! cool punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011 edited
    THE FINAL CONFLICT IS UNDOUBTEDLY A *****5 STAR SCORE***** AND IS AN ALBUM THAT SHOULD BELONG IN EVERYONE'S COLLECTION!

FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thanks for your subtle bump, Erik. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It isn't a fact until I say so! I know there are some people who have misinformed opinions about this score and I just wanted to set the record straight!

biggrin

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    It isn't a fact until I say so! I know there are some people who have misinformed opinions about this score and I just wanted to set the record straight!

biggrin

-Erik-

Wrong! It's only a real FACT when I say it is and approve of someone elses 'fact'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    THE FINAL CONFLICT IS UNDOUBTEDLY A *****5 STAR SCORE***** AND IS AN ALBUM THAT SHOULD BELONG IN EVERYONE'S COLLECTION!

FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Erik-

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

biggrin

-Erik-

Wrong! It's only a real FACT when I say it is and approve of someone elses 'fact'.

Please forgive me, my master.

darthvader

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin :emperor:
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011
    Great score! Recommended to anyone not having this; while not as classic, it might be more listen-friendly than the first one. Surprised at Thor having the DE and not the regular soundtrack wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    fommes wrote
    Great score! Recommended to anyone not having this; while not as classic, it might be more listen-friendly than the first one. Surprised at Thor having the DE and not the regular soundtrack wink

It was a sound quality issue, first and foremost. I didn't have the soundtrack up untill a few years ago, and then I had the choice of going for the old release or the new one. I looked at the track titles of the DE, saw that it wasn't that many more tracks than the old release and that it had considerable better audio, and that was that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    You've chosen... wisely!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    Bad News For Pawel

I got the War of the Worlds CD back today with an insufficient address notation and cracked. Sorry Pawel.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Insufficient address? I wonder what I forgot.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Anyone else interesting in the current giveaway has 9 hours to PM me. Currently only two are in the "drawing", which will actually be a coin toss if no one else wants in smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011 edited
    Time to find out the winner! Sorry, I'm not doing a video. But I'll narrate this coin toss in the most (melo)dramatic way I know how.

I collapse heavily into my chair at the end of a long day at work and kick my feet up on the desk. The ceiling fan above me whirls slowly, and doesn't seem to take any of the edge off of the cloying heat. October in Southern Nevada. Everywhere else in the world has four seasons. We have one. I loosen my tie and open my wallet. I push aside a pile of unopened mail and rest my elbow on the desk. Crumbs from lunches past sting my arm through the shirt sleeve. The hopes and dreams of two men rest on the battered coin balanced on my finger. What if they all knew that this decision of decisions was one I was ultimately too cowardly to make? That I had to let chance decide? How much would the lives of these two change? I pause to let the poignancy of the moment wash over me, then flip the coin. If it lands heads, a bespectacled man in Poland is going to get the best news of his twenty-something years. If tails, he would be crushed, and a mysterious man somewhere in the world - whose name may or may not mean "happy" in Spanish - would come into a posession of incredible worth. I remind myself that I need to brush up on my Espanol. The coin spins through the air, oblivious to the weight attached to its trajectory and ultimate position. It bounces twice off the desk, each bounce thunderous, and falls to the speckled brown carpet below. I stand to see over the edge of the desk, and the coin comes into view...

Heads. Sorry, Feliz. I get up slowly, put on my hat, and walk to the door. I turn back once to look at the coin lying where I left it on the floor. How can I deliver such devastation to such a happy man? I remind myself that it wasn't me that made the decision. It was the cold and uncaring hand of fate.

*fade to black*

biggrin

Congratulations Pawel! PM me your address (your whole address mind you - I don't want to get this back in the mail in a month wink) and I'll mail it out on Friday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    christopher wrote
    I collapse heavily into my chair at the end of a long day at work and kick my feet up on the desk. The ceiling fan above me whirls slowly, and doesn't seem to take any of the edge off of the cloying heat. October in Southern Nevada. Everywhere else in the world has four seasons. We have one. I loosen my tie and open my wallet. I push aside a pile of unopened mail and rest my elbow on the desk. Crumbs from lunches past sting my arm through the shirt sleeve. The hopes and dreams of two men rest on the battered coin balanced on my finger. What if they all knew that this decision of decisions was one I was ultimately too cowardly to make? That I had to let chance decide? How much would the lives of these two change? I pause to let the poignancy of the moment wash over me, then flip the coin. If it lands heads, a bespectacled man in Poland is going to get the best news of his twenty-something years. If tails, he would be crushed, and a mysterious man somewhere in the world - whose name may or may not mean "happy" in Spanish - would come into a posession of incredible worth. I remind myself that I need to brush up on my Espanol. The coin spins through the air, oblivious to the weight attached to its trajectory and ultimate position. It bounces twice off the desk, each bounce thunderous, and falls to the speckled brown carpet below. I stand to see over the edge of the desk, and the coin comes into view...

Heads. Sorry, Feliz. I get up slowly, put on my hat, and walk to the door. I turn back once to look at the coin lying where I left it on the floor. How can I deliver such devastation to such a happy man? I remind myself that it wasn't me that made the decision. It was the cold and uncaring hand of fate.

*fade to black*

A hopeful voice thick with a Spanish accent can be faintly heard from the blackness, "Best of three?" wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bravo Christopher, loved it and I was sucked right in....The Final Conflict, good and evil, right and wrong, heads or tails, two sides of the same coin according to Hollywood Vikings. biggrin

I plead your US 5th amendment as to which I think is good or evil on the two sides of a coin wink
  3. Yay, I won something! smile

My address is sent to your PM smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yay, I won something! smile

My address is sent to your PM smile

If you already have a version of The Final Conflict, see if you can time it right so that Goldsmith's blaring horns of the "Main Title" starts just as the package pops through the letterbox. And if you can rig up a conveyor belt from the door to the back our your abode then that would be even better!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011
    biggrin
    Highly entertaining, christopher!

FalkirkBairn wrote
    A hopeful voice thick with a Spanish accent can be faintly heard from the blackness, "Best of three?" wink

applause
    (even though I only visualise Puss In Boots now!
    Unless it's a female voice.
    In which case my mind's eye tricks me with Penelope Cruz, and and interprets "best of three" entirely differently! )
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    cheesy cheesy cheesy
  4. Well this was as suspenseful as my video. Nicely done christopher.

And congrats to Pawel
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LOL! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Pawel gave me his whole address I just messed up and omitted a part of it.
  5. sdtom wrote

Easily done, Tom. Especially when it's a format that you are unfamiliar with. Some addresses, particularly here in the UK, can be quite cumbersome. My address can be 7-8 lines long if I don't "double up" the lines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It did finally come back to me but alas it was broken.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sdtom wrote

Easily done, Tom. Especially when it's a format that you are unfamiliar with. Some addresses, particularly here in the UK, can be quite cumbersome. My address can be 7-8 lines long if I don't "double up" the lines.

I know!
    I used to hate sending stuff to the UK!
    The address would never even vaguely fit on generic Dutch envelopes!
  6. Hey, seeing no one is using this at the moment, I'm going to put one up for grabs, I think a lot of people have the short release or the expanded, but maybe someone is desperately looking for this:

STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER by none other than JERRY GOLDSMITH.

This is the original EPIC / CBS Records release. I have the expanded so it's just gathering dust. And this fine Goldsmith doesn't deserve such a fate.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011 edited
    Excellent giveaway, Gilles!
    The original CD really has all the highlights and has -next to my old The Motion Picture and The Search For Spock- been steadily in my top three Trek scores for decades.
  7. christopher is our first contestant. wave

Now, following the logic of a certain Vulcan, 5 would be the ideal number of participants. smile

How long should I normally keep this going? A week, or what?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.