• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Firts of all I want to apologize that you had to wait so long for the conclusion. Due to some personal circumstances I was not able to record the Giveaway video.

Here the conclusion of the Amistad Giveaway.

It would be nice if the winner will see the conclusion in the video. So I congratulate the winner now without mentioning the name. Maybe you all can do the same until all participants Bregt, christopher, FalkirkBairn Feliz, Fommes and PawelStroinski has seen the video.

The winner can PM me the address where the CD has to be send.

Conclusion Amistad Giveaway
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2011
    Well done that winner! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2011
    Haha! applause
    I think it's *such* a cool way of announcing a winner. Brings a little bit of suspense to the proceedings.
    So nice one, Sirius.

And congratulations.... winner.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Congratulations, winner!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Congratulations to the winner!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Cool drawing, Sirius. It's very generous of you, and everyone who has been giving out free stuff, to do this. All of it has been of such high quality as well. Thanks a lot, everyone.

Anyone want to be next to give something away? I've got one I could live without, but if someone has been waiting, I don't want to butt in line. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011
    Go ahead christopher! I'll change the topic accordingly.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've done it three times so please go ahead.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011 edited
    Okay everyone, the next giveaway will be......

(drumroll)
    (drumroll)
    (drumroll)
    (drumroll)

Jerry Goldsmith's THE FINAL CONFLICT! This is the deluxe edition Varese released in 2001.

My only hope is that there is some on this board that doesn't have this one yet...

PM me your name if you want to be in the drawing. I'll do it one week from today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    O-hooooo!
    I have it (that very version in fact) and I can vouch that if there is any one of those Omen soundtracks you pick up, it should be this one. By far the most accessible, and thoroughly epic and apocalyptic. Excellent piece of work and a MOST valid giveaway!

Well done, Christopher!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011 edited
    I have that version too, and it's really a must-have for all film music enthusiasts (it's one of the few Goldsmith CD's I'm NOT selling at the present time).

If you don't have it, sign up now! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I can only echo everyone else's enthusiasm for this score. Brilliant in every way!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. While everone and his dog will rate this 5, The Final Conflict gets a solid 4 from me. Again, this is a rating that shows my personal enjoyment of the score. I can enjoy it, but there are albums from the man I enjoy a whole lot more. It's just a bit too dark / too mysterious / too dull in places.

But if I didn't have it already, I'd play along. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. That being said, I like this idea of giveaways and maybe I'll have something to offer here soon.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    While everone and his dog will rate this 5, The Final Conflict gets a solid 4 from me. Again, this is a rating that shows my personal enjoyment of the score. I can enjoy it, but there are albums from the man I enjoy a whole lot more. It's just a bit too dark / too mysterious / too dull in places.

Too dark? Too mysterious? Too Dull? ....Dull???? shocked

Oh well, to each their own, this score is a 5 star, a BIG 5 star!

if, big IF, there is anyone who doesn't have this deluxe version ( forget the old one, the sound is AWFUL! ) then jump in with both feet right now!!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. I also already have The Final Conflict (twice even)
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    • CommentAuthorMikal
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    While everone and his dog will rate this 5, The Final Conflict gets a solid 4 from me. Again, this is a rating that shows my personal enjoyment of the score. I can enjoy it, but there are albums from the man I enjoy a whole lot more. It's just a bit too dark / too mysterious / too dull in places.

I'd give it four stars, as well. There are long stretches of, to my ear, uninteresting material, which fails to provide a developmental/narrative aural experience for me. But there is plenty of excitement to be heard, of course, e.g., massive thematic statements, interpolation of electronics, etc. Despite not being a religious man, the ecclesiastical overtones, courtesy of the choir, are the highlight of the album for me. If you're a fan of Goldsmith's music, it's at least worth checking out; although, most Goldsmith fans, particularly the rabid ones, praise this score as if it was Baal. tongue
  9. yeah

There are cues in the second half of the album that do nothing to me. Then again, there are moments that are flat out awe-inspiring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm starting to fear most everyone already *has* this score, Christopher! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I have it too!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, thanks for that, Bregt. rolleyes

wink
  10. I don't, I applied smile

Not that I haven't heard it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think you have it as well Pawel!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I wonder if I'm able to ban Bregt?
  11. Let's leave it at yes and no, OK? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I won't have that!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I wonder if I'm able to ban Bregt?

Maybe not but you could pan him......big heavy handled griddle style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I too have it
    listen to more classical music!
  12. The ones that don't have it, don't even know who Jerry Goldsmith is. Their loss.
  13. Martijn wrote
    I'm starting to fear most everyone already *has* this score, Christopher! sad

That was my fear as well, but two have PMed me about it so far. That's enough for me. As long as there is just one person on the board that doesn't have something but would really like to have it, then it's worth it for me.