• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    christopher is our first contestant. wave

Now, following the logic of a certain Vulcan, 5 would be the ideal number of participants. smile

How long should I normally keep this going? A week, or what?

Yes, a week is fine.

I have this myself (or I HAD it, to be more precise, I sold it awhile back!).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011
    I have it, but nice one Gilles, a very fine giveaway.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Now, following the logic of a certain Vulcan, 5 would be the ideal number of participants. smile

Yes, a week is fine.

shocked

Well now you can get it back for free. And as far as I know, it's not C&C. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. I also have this release, that's why I didn't go for the expanded score. This one is fine with me. smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Yes, a week is fine.

shocked

Well now you can get it back for free. And as far as I know, it's not C&C. tongue

True, but the score never did much for me. I prefer the score for the first film (I have the 2CD Sony release which I most certainly WON'T sell).
    I am extremely serious.
  3. The one with the interviews, I have that one too, I bought it mainly for that.

That's a lie of course... cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    The one with the interviews, I have that one too, I bought it mainly for that.

That's a lie of course... cheesy

Yeah right rolleyes

We ALL know you bought it for the interviews.

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. You are SO VERY WRONG

I wanted it for the pictures of Nichelle Nichols in her uniform.

Ha! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2011
    Yeah, that as well.
  5. So no one else besides christopher? confused

C'mon people this is JERRY we're talking about here, not some third-rate hack. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011
    That's the problem with giving away such eternal gems: (most) everyone already has it! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can only second what Martijn has said, It's Goldsmith, it's Star Trek, it's a popular score!

p.s. I'm going to go through some stuff this weekend ( or when I can bend my knee properly, a lot of stuff is stashed in awkward places ) and will hopefully give an offering early next week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm still waiting for a score. So far I have everything. Erik how about you offering something?
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011 edited
    I think it's up to the individual if they want to make an offering Tom, nobody should be coerced into an offer.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    So no one else besides christopher? confused

C'mon people this is JERRY we're talking about here, not some third-rate hack. punk

As long as SOMEONE wants your offering that should be of value - and it saves you doing a draw!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote
    I'm still waiting for a score. So far I have everything. Erik how about you offering something?
    Tom

I've got a used condom if you want that? Don't worry, I only used it for myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I think it's up to the individual if they want to make an offering Tom, nobody should be coerced into an offer.

Indeedy.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

As long as SOMEONE wants your offering that should be of value - and it saves you doing a draw!

Okay, but what if I WANT to draw, and no draw is needed. It's not every day I can do a draw, you see, hardly ever in fact...

But one is better than zero I guess. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011
    Timmer wrote

coerce is forced or compel which I think is a bit strong. I merely suggested, nothing more. Erik will do what he wants as we all know cheesy

Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Okay, but what if I WANT to draw, and no draw is needed. It's not every day I can do a draw, you see, hardly ever in fact...

But one is better than zero I guess. smile

If I had a nickel for every time somebody said that I was better than nothing... wink

Seriously, If you'd like to give something else away or not give this one away since I'm the only one interested, that would be fine with me. But I'll happily take your score if you're still okay with it smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer wrote

coerce is forced or compel which I think is a bit strong. I merely suggested, nothing more. Erik will do what he wants as we all know cheesy

Tom

Fair nuff Tom, all I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to single anyone out, if someone wants to give something away then that is their prerogative.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011
    Fair enough
  8. christopher wrote
    Seriously, If you'd like to give something else away or not give this one away since I'm the only one interested, that would be fine with me. But I'll happily take your score if you're still okay with it smile

I'm okay with the fact that I'm giving it away, and someone (emphasis on ONE) wants it, so that's enough for me. I'll be closing this now matter of fact.

So after much deliberation and collecting all necessary data, and a heck of a suspense-filled draw (I'm still sweating like crazy), it is my pleasure to announce the winner of Star Trek V:

It is... hold for it........... you won't believe this.......... my head is still spinning after that hour long draw :

CHRISTOPHER
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2011
    Very cool, Gilles. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2011
    Free is good
  9. Woohoo! Can't say I'm surprised, but that doesn't make me any less happy smile I tell you, these giveaways are really great for those of us that don't have massive collections like some of you. This will only be the fourth Star Trek score in my collection (already had I, II, and VI). It will be great to have another of Goldsmith's entries from the series. Thanks so much, DT! Very generous of you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011
    I'm having serious doubts about the integrity of this so-called draw. I think a report should be filed which details the precise procedure that has been followed.
  10. fommes wrote
    I'm having serious doubts about the integrity of this so-called draw. I think a report should be filed which details the precise procedure that has been followed.

you're typically Belgian, you know that wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011 edited
    Congrats, christopher!

As always, I have plenty goodies to give away, but from what I can glean from above, Timmer may have something up his sleeve for the next draw?

(speaking of giveaways, I also have to thank you again -- Gilles -- for the wonderful MULAN original disc that your brother gave me this weekend! That's a keeper).
    I am extremely serious.