• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Simple question: which is the better score?
  2. Tron.

It's highly subjective, but there you go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011
    Inception. But it's a close call. And they're 2 pretty different efforts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Tron.

Fact.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Inceptron.

It's a rather odd question. Why would you choose between these two actually?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Inceptron.

applause lol

We can close this thread now.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Lethal inception or electron chair - does it matter?

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011 edited
    I don't know how much Daft Punk had been exposed to INCEPTION before they did their score, but they do seem to be influenced by it. Of course, Zimmer's score was in turn built upon his DARK KNIGHT sound which was again an extension or development of Powell's hugely influential Bourne riffs in the early 2000's and so on.

But both scores are absolutely brilliant - both in and out of the films! So I like them both equally. If someone put a gun to my head and asked me to choose, I'd probably go for TRON.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I would go for Inception, although I listen to Tron more often.
    Inception is really dark and moody, so it can be kind of depressing, while Tron is just suspense and fun and heroic, without much unwanted emotion. I'm not always in the mood for Inception but I thought it was perfect in de movie. And it's moving.

By the way, it's always fun to 'spot the score on TV' and Tron is very popular already in all kinds of shows. As background music for certain acts as well as dramatic score in all kinds of situations.
    I've heard Inception too several times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    By the way, it's always fun to 'spot the score on TV' and Tron is very popular already in all kinds of shows. As background music for certain acts as well as dramatic score in all kinds of situations.

Really? Really? shocked

Like where?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Simple question: which is the better score?

Why?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Tron. By a mile. Inception bored me.
  4. Personally, I had settled on Inception as the better score earlier this year, but upon further review, I've decided on Tron for roughly the same reasons Bregje mentioned: it's much more dynamic and I liked the mixture of electronic music and traditional orchestra slightly more.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've never thought about which one I like more, I like both and that'll do for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. It isn't really the question which one is better. What you have to ask is, which one do YOU prefer?

Tron Legacy is maybe the one I'll be returning to more, because its sound is more varied, but Inception is a very cool score in its own right.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Inception. Hans's best score since 2001.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Martijn wrote
    Bregje wrote

Really? Really? shocked

Like where?

BNN's How To Stay Alive used a self-made remix of Tron: Legacy as it's theme, it has been used many times in Try Before You Die and also quite frequently in 3 Op Reis. In other words, Bregje is quite a young BNN enthusiast! Also, Inception has been used many times in last years Expeditie Robinson.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tron! Although Inception is still very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011
    I'll say Tron as well.

And I've heard the Tron-score being used on TV as well... at least here in Denmark, I'm sure I've heard it used in Formula-1 broadcasts and the X-Factor. And I'm pretty sure that "Top Gear" either has or will use it smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BobdH wrote
    In other words, Bregje is quite a young BNN enthusiast!

Hahaaaa! That explains it!
    I very rarely watch BNN....(and NO, that DOESN'T make me an old codger! angry ).

That particular reputation is due to my distinguished, wizened features. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Inceptron.

It's a rather odd question. Why would you choose between these two actually?

I've always found that if I'm listening to either Tron or Inception, it puts me in the mood for Tron or Inception. So from that perspective at least, I understand the question.

So I agree. Inceptron. Can't choose. They're both awesome.

Also, hi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    I love both. But in film it's gotta be Tron Legacy. It fits like a glove.
    I cant say the same with parts of Inception.

Oh yes, hi Steven!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Shhhhh.....careful! Don't scare him away.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven?
    Steven who?
    confused

wink

'ello old boy!
    Good to see you again.

Interesting thread you're choosing for a grand reentry. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Steven wrote
    Also, hi.

Steeeeeeeeeeeeven!!! hug

I missed you! I really did. Really!
    I've been reading some Dawkins and thought of you many times.
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011 edited
    BobdH wrote
    BNN's How To Stay Alive used a self-made remix of Tron: Legacy as it's theme, it has been used many times in Try Before You Die and also quite frequently in 3 Op Reis. In other words, Bregje is quite a young BNN enthusiast! Also, Inception has been used many times in last years Expeditie Robinson.

Martijn wrote:
    Hahaaaa! That explains it!

That explains it? confused
    Wouldn't that be an example of reductio ad absurdum??

I've heard the music on TV.
    Bob heard the music on TV at BNN.
    So, I obviously watch a lot of BNN and I am enthusiastic about it.....?

I never watch BNN, really, never! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven! shocked cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011 edited
    Not at all, it's just a logical deduction....which has just been falsified. smile

"You heard X on TV"
    "If X was on TV, it was on BNN"
    "Therefore you heard X on BNN"

The supposition simply apparently was wrong. smile

(formally, (although I can see where you're coming from) it can't be a reductio ad absurdum, because that is only used to DISprove propositions).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    James Horner.
    I am extremely serious.