• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    That's exactly what is was. A simple question. I would assume, Tom, that when you read the word London Philharmonc Orchestra on the front cover of the album that you would expect to hear a fully symphonic album and not 8-bit computerized bleeps and bloops.

-Erik-

I didn't take it as a question Erik but now I do. The pain is finally going away in my root canal so my attitude is a little bit better. I still don't think however that you and Jon realize that I wrote the review as if I was addressing a symphony orchestra who have an entirely different opinion of what we enjoy. This review is very likely going to appear in a classical magazine to encourage people to take a chance on this type of music. You realize that some of these people know John Williams as a conductor/composer of classical music not a Hollywood icon.
    Thor wrote
    I think it's great that you branch out and review video game music, Tom. Hopefully, you've discovered that it has lots to offer that isn't THAT far removed from your love of classical and orchestral film music. Keep discovering! And I hope you don't mind other recommendations of similar video game scores either.

And no I don't mind the recommending at all. I want to try and expand my horizons a bit.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I didn't take it as a question Erik but now I do.

I'm sorry that the question mark at the end of my question confused you.

Thor wrote
    I think it's great that you branch out and review video game music, Tom. Hopefully, you've discovered that it has lots to offer that isn't THAT far removed from your love of classical and orchestral film music. Keep discovering! And I hope you don't mind other recommendations of similar video game scores either.

sdtom wrote
    And no I don't mind the recommending at all. I want to try and expand my horizons a bit.
    Tom

Are you f__king serious? :surrender:

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011
    i'm going through another compilation of video game music this time from Silva.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
  1. Steven wrote
    Uh oh...

Haha this is lol
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. sdtom wrote
    i'm going through another compilation of video game music this time from Silva.

What's it called Tom? I didn't know Silva was doing one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    essential game music collection vol. one
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It seems like they missed some essentials.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm sure it had to do with $$$.
    Tom
  3. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yeah definitely. rolleyes

On another note, I'd love to hear what a re-recording would mean for a soundtrack like The Dig. What exists is already superb of course, but to hear it performed by humans would be pretty sweet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    I'm sure it had to do with $$$.
    Tom

No way. They released it out of the goodness of their own heart!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yeah definitely. rolleyes

On another note, I'd love to hear what a re-recording would mean for a soundtrack like The Dig. What exists is already superb of course, but to hear it performed by humans would be pretty sweet.

Not too sure about that. The very soul of the music comes through the synth textures. But I wouldn't mind ANOTHER, more contemporary synth interpretation that 'opens it up' a bit.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011
    When I meant $$$ I was talking about the user fees for the various material. Or does everyone get the same amount?