• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2007
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm finished work now until 2nd January and Anne & the children are off school now until 7th January (Anne WORKS at a school, not a student!!).

Nice save! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007 edited
    So I've decorated the Christmas tree to the tunes of Arthur Fiedler & The Boston Pops' Christmas Album (a nostalgic favourite from my youth. Damn good album though, and not cheesy at all: very solid arrangements of classic Christmas carols mixed in with some lovely Tchaikovsky, Bach and Handel), jazz legend's Jimmy Smith's Christmas for a bit of a change of pace with cool swing, and as the tree neared completion (and the bottle of christmas rhum neared emptiness) I blasted out with Newman's The Greatest Story Ever Told and Rozsa's King Of Kings, the latter definitely being the emotional apotheosis of the evening.

So what did you play while decorating?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007
    Nothing major , home with family.

sd smile

Merry Christmas to all my friends here. You guys help keep me going.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Likewise mate, likewise;

Cheers beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Being a teacher as well, I have two weeks off now. I feel great!
    I had got a bit tired of the move of course and of teaching. It's a bit tough since I make all of the lessons myself and I don't have any colleagues, so it's a lonely job too and not easy.

Anyway, I needed the break so I'm glad it's Christmas. christmas_drunk
    About Christmas itself, it will be just diner with family and some presents. Christmas doesn't mean that much to me, especially since some people can get a bit stressed for the Christmas days, so they are so missing the point there... New Years Eve will be with friends, looking forward to that!

Most of all I enjoy being at home with my own family, listening to music and reading a book.
    By the way, the kids decorated the tree. I like it.
    christmas_tree
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    We decorated the tree while listening to Skyradio... I know, not the best of awnsers, and I preferred our traditional CD with all the Christmas classics from Armstrong and Sinatra, instead of this mix of 'modern classics' (Last Christmas, 'n such).

Christmas will mainly consist of playing boardgames, eating typical Christmas snacks 'n such, but I'll (like most of the time) look forward to the evenings; the diner, followed by Christmassey television... ah, the true spirit.

Whatever y'all are doing, have fun with it. And don't force the fun, just enjoy whatever you are doing beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Ah, boardgames, cool. christmas_reindeer
    I hope we will play some too.

By the way, I didn't mean I don't like Christmas with the family, I do! christmas_biggrin
    But I like it just like any other weekend together. Except, more food...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregje wrote
    But I like it just like any other weekend together. Except, more food...

During the day; yes, I'd say that too. But the evenings... don't they have a certain special glow? angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    All the magic of Christmas disappeared for me a long time ago, with each passing year getting less special. I just want to be back at uni! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven, are you home now? And you want to get back to uni asap?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes and yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Wow. Talk about motivated students!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    BobdH wrote
    But the evenings... don't they have a certain special glow? angelic

Hm, no, I'm not so sure... I prefer St. Nicholas Eve by far. And New Years Eve, that's more special to me.
    I would say the Christmas mornings are more different and special than the evenings, having nice breakfast with candles hehe. But the evening is just dinner with family and you all know it's Christmas but that doesn't change a thing.

But, I'll go into Christmas with an open mind and let you know if it was special this year or not! To be continued then...

Oh, what I like about Christmas too: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on TV. christmas_biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregje wrote
    Oh, what I like about Christmas too: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on TV. christmas_biggrin

Ah, yeah! christmas_biggrin I loved that one! (best Christmas comedy ever?). I also particularly loved how much my mother loved it; she was in stitches biggrin

Bethany: Is your house on fire, Clark?
    Clark: No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.

christmas_biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    My girlfriend and I are having our own Christmas today. Just got a 160 GB Ipod! christmas_reindeer christmas_biggrin christmas_reindeer

I plan to put all my collection onto it, will be lovely to be able to play anything I have, wherever I am.

Tomorrow we'll go up to my mum to celebrate, and there's more presents in store for me there.

Peter christmas_biggrin
  1. plindboe wrote
    My girlfriend and I are having our own Christmas today. Just got a 160 GB Ipod! christmas_reindeer christmas_biggrin christmas_reindeer

I plan to put all my collection onto it, will be lovely to be able to play anything I have, wherever I am.

Tomorrow we'll go up to my mum to celebrate, and there's more presents in store for me there.

Peter christmas_biggrin

I don't think 160 GB are enough space for a Morricone collection... spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    All the magic of Christmas disappeared for me a long time ago, with each passing year getting less special. I just want to be back at uni! crazy

The dark side is strong with this one wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Antineutrino wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter christmas_biggrin

I don't think 160 GB are enough space for a Morricone collection... spin

biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Hehe, I actually think my Morricone collection, even though it's almost complete will be just about 30-40 GB, when I've ripped all the CDs. It's amazing to think about that a man's entire life work, especially one as productive as Morricone, can fit on such a little electronic thingy.

Peter spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Yes and yes.

Heheh i knew it. It's ok, it will go away after the first couple of years in the uni wink
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    I just have the long weekend off, but I'll be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas with my family - eating, opening presents and just enjoying being together. Today I'll be rushing to finish wrapping presents and otherwise getting ready.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Yes and yes.

Heheh i knew it. It's ok, it will go away after the first couple of years in the uni wink

What? Wanting to go back? Oh thanks, that makes me feel a lot better! tongue

It's the social life of uni I miss, next term's going to be.... awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Yes and yes.

Haha, I can vouch for that.

I'm home right now and having a nice quite Christmas with the family.

And it's not truly Christmas without: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fqtQwqy4bBw spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Today I will play :

Polar Express
    Home Alone 2
    Toys
    The holiday
    Happy feet
    Prince of Egypt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007 edited
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Yes and yes.

What? Wanting to go back? Oh thanks, that makes me feel a lot better! tongue

It's the social life of uni I miss, next term's going to be.... awesome.

I am saying that the first couple of years at the uni are usually like that; new stuff, new people, excitement all over and when you're home, all seems boring to you and you can't wait to get back to the uni. But after a couple of years, most get fed-up and start appreciating other things as well, even more.
  3. I will be away soon, so this might be my last opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!
  4. Marry Mary Christmas!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. I don't know when I'll be next visiting the site so I just wanted to wish everyone here:

A very Merry Christmas
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. indeed, if Bregt ever answers our mail, I might see him the next days
    if not to all
    a Jolly Merry Christmas
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Have fun tonight and tomorrow! christmas_drunk

Good luck Martijn with the work!
    And I hope everything's allright with your mother James.
    Kazoo